Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

RAVE!!! So long 230s! You Can Kiss My Grits G'bye!!!

It's official! I'm stark RAVING cra! (short trip)

Today, after 89 dayum days in the 230's decade, I saw 229.2lbs on the scale! Wahhhhhoooooo!!!!! :460_circus_tent: I'm so happy, I just had to share and since I've no idea (can't remember) how to make a new Status Update, I figured I could rave about it and party here in the Rants & Rave Room! :450_trophy:

I'm only a few pounds from -60lbs (most recent) loss, and only a few pounds from being 100lbs down from my highest weight! Can you tell I'm happy? :D

(Did I mention it was 89 freakin' days long???!!!)

Edited by FluffyChix

WOW, Fluffy - you're going to need to change your name soon! "Fluffy" won't be appropriate any more! :)

Good going, girl! And you got this far alllll on your own? How inspiring!

Kel

Just now, raising3monkeys said:

WOW, Fluffy - you're going to need to change your name soon! "Fluffy" won't be appropriate any more! :)

Good going, girl! And you got this far alllll on your own? How inspiring!

Kel

Well, I wouldn't say "my own." LOL. I've had some help from my "leetle frien's"...levothyroxine and Vitamin B1. They're my new besties and my happy pills! :D

Unfamiliar with how B1 helps. Can you elaborate?

Kel

1 minute ago, raising3monkeys said:

Unfamiliar with how B1 helps. Can you elaborate?

Kel

Ok, so my blood work showed I have a low Vitamin B1. Think it was 40 or something? So they started me on 100mg/day and I'm supposed to continue it for the next year I think?

All the BVitamins are considered "energy" Vitamins and help with fuel metabolism/accessibility. I think all except B6 are Water soluble, so you pee them out--but you shouldn't megadose on them either cuz they can affect the accuracy of other blood tests. I def wouldn't start supplementing the Bs without one of my docs telling me to do so. I know I have to take mine by noon, or else, I won't sleep at night! LOL. But within about 2-3 weeks of taking the thyroid and B1 I started losing normally, and felt so much energy it was almost impossible to just "sit" and "be." I had to get up and move! :D They have made such a difference to me. I no longer feel like I'm on the steps of death! Seriously!

I was gaining weight on a 1000cal diet. The only way I could lose 1lb per week was to stay below 800 cals/day and about 30g net carbs. Now I'm losing (slowly--about 3-4lbs/month), on 1500 cals/day and am eating between 60-100g whole carbs per day or about 40-60g net carbs per day!

Here's what one write up says about Vitamin B1:

http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-b1-thiamine

Congratulations, FluffyChix! :)

Also, Vitamin B1 assists in the metabolism and breakdown of macronutrients such as carbohydrate (CHO) and lipids (fat), thereby facilitating enhanced weight control.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that info.

I had a physical this past summer, and all my levels were fine. Three years ago we discovered (also during a routine physical) that my Vitamin D levels were dangerously low (normal range is from 30-80; mine was at THREE). So I started taking a weekly dosage of that, which was prescribed. Then they upped it again when the next tests showed that it wasn't going up quick enough. Now I'm in the normal range. But I know my Vitamin B range is fine.

My Vitamin B1 (thiamine) levels were normal during the first few post-op months, but had dropped to dangerously low levels by 12 months out.

I had to receive a B1 injection at my 12-month follow-up appointment.

My heavy coffee/iced tea drinking is the culprit. coffee and tea contain tannins. Tannins interfere with the body's absorption of Iron and vitamin B1.

I drink about 1 quart of iced tea and at least 4 cups of coffee daily. Since I'm not giving up my habit, I now supplement with a super vitamin B complex. So far, so good.

1 hour ago, Introversion said:

My Vitamin B1 (thiamine) levels were normal during the first few post-op months, but had dropped to dangerously low levels by 12 months out.

I had to receive a B1 injection at my 12-month follow-up appointment.

My heavy coffee/iced tea drinking is the culprit. coffee and tea contain tannins. Tannins interfere with the body's absorption of Iron and Vitamin B1.

I drink about 1 quart of iced tea and at least 4 cups of coffee daily. Since I'm not giving up my habit, I now supplement with a super vitamin B complex. So far, so good.

Oh wow! I'd no idea that coffee and tea could do that. I too drink 3-4c of decaff a day + iced tea. :-/ Wah wah wannnnhhhh. Glad the Bsupps are working. It's amazing how different it feels to have Bs working doesn't it? :D

I guess they're gonna recheck the B1 at my next appt with the PCP in Feb. *scratches head* Hopefully won't need injections!

1 hour ago, raising3monkeys said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for that info.

I had a physical this past summer, and all my levels were fine. Three years ago we discovered (also during a routine physical) that my Vitamin D levels were dangerously low (normal range is from 30-80; mine was at THREE). So I started taking a weekly dosage of that, which was prescribed. Then they upped it again when the next tests showed that it wasn't going up quick enough. Now I'm in the normal range. But I know my Vitamin B range is fine.

Girl! Low D can make you feel like you've taken a beating! Mine was 9. :blink: It's now 29 or 39 I think? They said it's "fine" but to keep supplementing with 2000iu/day of D3. But it took forevs to come up! I felt bad bone/muscle pain like the flu.

DAAAAAAYUM, Girlfriend! Go you!

I am so HAPPY for you MIZ FLUFFYCHIC!!! You are working so hard at your weight loss!! Your diligence is paying off!! KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!

Ok, so my blood work showed I have a low Vitamin B1. Think it was 40 or something? So they started me on 100mg/day and I'm supposed to continue it for the next year I think?
All the BVitamins are considered "energy" Vitamins and help with fuel metabolism/accessibility. I think all except B6 are Water soluble, so you pee them out--but you shouldn't megadose on them either cuz they can affect the accuracy of other blood tests. I def wouldn't start supplementing the Bs without one of my docs telling me to do so. I know I have to take mine by noon, or else, I won't sleep at night! LOL. But within about 2-3 weeks of taking the thyroid and B1 I started losing normally, and felt so much energy it was almost impossible to just "sit" and "be." I had to get up and move! [emoji3] They have made such a difference to me. I no longer feel like I'm on the steps of death! Seriously!
I was gaining weight on a 1000cal diet. The only way I could lose 1lb per week was to stay below 800 cals/day and about 30g net carbs. Now I'm losing (slowly--about 3-4lbs/month), on 1500 cals/day and am eating between 60-100g whole carbs per day or about 40-60g net carbs per day!
Here's what one write up says about Vitamin B1:
http://www.umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/vitamin-b1-thiamine

I get the the shots every month. A life saver. I actually feel energized as they inject me! Love my b1
Yey on your loss. I’m at 237 today. I can’t weight to get to the 20s. I’ll be able to wear my jeans again!

That is an awesome accomplishment girl, you are rockin' it! Congrats!

9 hours ago, dreamynow said:

I get the the shots every month. A life saver. I actually feel energized as they inject me! Love my b1
Yey on your loss. I’m at 237 today. I can’t weight to get to the 20s. I’ll be able to wear my jeans again!

Wow!!! ((hugs)) This whole B1 thing is sooo dang new to me, but it's really been a game changer! Congrats on reaching 237!!! Woot! I'm afraid we'll need piccys when you hit jean stage. ;) :D We :780_sparkling_heart: feel good before and during/after piccys!