Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I'm having a carb attack!!

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I was sleeved on June 28th and I've lost 73 pounds. I went from a 26/28 to a 18/20 and still have lots to go. (From 335 now 263). It WAS 76 pounds lost but over the past week and a half I gained 3 pounds . I did not get this surgery to gain weight and I'm so pissed at myself!! Since Thanksgiving I've been shoving every damn carb down my throat that I can find. If it has yeast I'm eating it. Rolls.. Crackers... Waffles.. Potatoes.. It's like something triggered this mindless grazing I've been doing. I've been pretty angelic up to this point and I feel like I've lost control. I need to refocus, and I wonder if anyone else has had a temporary loss of sanity while on this journey. Please say this phase will pass!!! Ugh!!! I welcome all words of wisdom.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app

33 minutes ago, RacquelL said:

Hi everyone. This is my first post. I was sleeved on June 28th and I've lost 73 pounds. I went from a 26/28 to a 18/20 and still have lots to go. (From 335 now 263). It WAS 76 pounds lost but over the past week and a half I gained 3 pounds . I did not get this surgery to gain weight and I'm so pissed at myself!! Since Thanksgiving I've been shoving every damn carb down my throat that I can find. If it has yeast I'm eating it. Rolls.. Crackers... Waffles.. Potatoes.. It's like something triggered this mindless grazing I've been doing. I've been pretty angelic up to this point and I feel like I've lost control. I need to refocus, and I wonder if anyone else has had a temporary loss of sanity while on this journey. Please say this phase will pass!!! Ugh!!! I welcome all words of wisdom.

It's ok that you slipped up. No one is perfect at this. It's time to get back on the horse. Once you eat carbs and sugar you crave them more. It will take a few days to detox off carbs. You have worked too hard to let this set you back.

images.jpg

13 minutes ago, RacquelL said:

Good point. Geez it's like a drug. Thanks so much!

You are doing great. give yourself credit for he 76 pounds down. You recognized the slip shows you are in control. The mental battle is a big part of this...Right?

Your doing great . That 3lbs can be gone in a poop hehe . Just carry on doing what you did before and you will be fine.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 7 months out and have had a few carb attacks. The chance of you or I bein perfectly carb compliant may be low. But I create a game of nipping it in the bud or if I am going to do it to have it be well worth it. I ate stuffing and potatoes over thanksgiving then put myself on reduced calories and dense Protein only. Not even Protein Shakes allowed.

So pick yourself up and dust yourself off. You got this

Are you tracking your food and weight with an app?

I use My Fitness Pal to track everything. I started noticing after a few months of constant loss, that I gain a few pounds during ovulation every month. Being ravenously hungry is also another sign that Aunt Flo is coming to visit soon.