Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ahhhh Move Over Starbuck's--SF Protein Peppermint Mocha Coffee

Just now, Mstlawrence said:

Feeling good! I'm reshaping my relationship with food and understanding what my body needs. Things have been going really well so far (knock on wood)! I just moved to soft Proteins (tuna, eggs, deli turkey, etc.) and learning what works now and what doesn't--I've been tolerating most things well--down 21lbs since the surgery!

Wow!!! That's amazing. 21lbs??!! Good Lord! Heeeeuuuuuuuggggeee congrats on that one! I bet you're so happy to move on to soft foods? Are you having any issues with the deli meat or eggs?

No issues with either--I just have to chew chew chew and take it slow. I'm super happy with my progress thus far, and I can't wait to get down a bit more, get back to the gym, and hopefully it'll melt off :)

You'll do great. What a super Christmas present to yourself, right?

That's what I was thinking!

Just this morning, I walked into my living room and my boyfriend looked at me and went, "yeah, you're totally slimming down, I can tell."

And that's less than two weeks post surgery!

6 hours ago, Mstlawrence said:

No issues with either--I just have to chew chew chew and take it slow. I'm super happy with my progress thus far, and I can't wait to get down a bit more, get back to the gym, and hopefully it'll melt off :)

Great job! So excited for you!

How are you feeling? Just wondering being 10 days out if you are still sore and what you can/can't do

Thanks! Not sore or anything really. The incisions are still healing, but I've been up and around since the day of my surgery. I'm eating a little bit more gradually, but otherwise don't have much of an appetite, and when I do, the Protein fills me pretty quickly! The thing that sucked most was the liquid diet, and that part is over now :)

I am 5 days post-op and although I am sore and gurgly, I am also hungry! I have been doing the liquid diet (water, Bone Broth, Jello, popsicles) but I am so anxious to get to stage 2 to get some thicker, more satisfying Protein in me! Down 5 pounds in 5 days! But I'm fairly sure if I hadn't had the surgery and only did liquids I would have lost 5 pounds anyway. When do the gurgles go away?

Did the gurgles ever go away? I'm 4 days post op and it's so bad I'm just nauseas almost all day

7 days post-op and I'm wondering about the gurgles, too. Does it want something or is it just whining? I need a new course in deciphering my body language. The sounds seem loud to me! I have felt hunger pangs, though, which was a surprise. Didn't expect that at all. Will things keep changing for a while until everything settles down?

I look forward to the holidays every year, just so I can drink my SF peppermint mocha coffees!

Zomg this sounds so good. Do you notice a taste with the psyllium husks? I would worry it would be gritty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, ummyasmin said:

Zomg this sounds so good. Do you notice a taste with the psyllium husks? I would worry it would be gritty.

Sent from my SM-G930F using BariatricPal mobile app

With benefiber or inulin in the hot coffee, you don't notice it at all. I use psyllium husks when I make it into a smoothie and no, I don't notice it then. :) I'm up to using about 10g in a smoothie now. :)