Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

3 minutes ago, It’s All About E said:

Hi there! I was so relieved to read this. I have been around the same weight for 3 months it seems. In June, I started weight training, but the scale is barely moving. I am still in no carbs (other than whatever carbs are in fruits/veggies) so I thought I would’ve lost a lot more than 52 pounds by now. Very frustrating.

Hang in there girl, Im glad that I reached out and see others that are in the same boat as me. Makes me feel tons better. I guess we have to just keep plugging away, I mean no loss is still better than a gain. In the meantime Im just going to make some very short term goals, so Im going to try to lose 5 pounds before i head to Disney in 7 weeks. Hopefully I can manage that! And that will be a feat in itself not to gain during that week, hopefully all the walking will offset any tastes of dole whips and churros I may have, lol.

Yes, I am happy you posted, too! I read that your goal for now is just to be under 200 as is mine. My precious doggie that I adored for almost 16.5 years had to be put to sleep on April 3rd, and I swear, it is since then that I’ve barely lost. I miss him so much, but I was so happy that I never once resorted to my old coping mechanism - bingeing on sweets. Keep in touch if you’d like. Let me know how you do with your Disney goal! Orlando or California? I live in Boca Raton, FL, about 3 hours from Disney.

Well my heartfelt goal is 175 or a 15 junior. That said I would accept anything,199 lbs and below. I want to be,healthier, fitter lighter of weight. And most of all I want,my inner cute to come out.of Its, hiding place, No shame to my game, it has been hidden for many many years..And it will, my friends, it definitely, will.

I’m down about 100 lbs and slowly entering the maintenance phase. I would like to drop a few more lbs to get under 200, but at this point I’m starting to feel too thin where I’m hurting my exercise routine by not eating enough and am uncomfortably boney in some places. I’ve been about level for a month, which is good as I was afraid I couldn’t stop near goal.... the plan is to figure out the right weight in the next month or so then try and stay within about 5 lbs of it.

Reading everyone’s post makes me feel a bit better about myself. My weight loss has also stalled and I kept telling myself maybe this surgery isn’t working. Knowing that you guys are going through the same things motivates me to keep going because I know it will get better.

I think I’m stalled too, but this is the least I’ve weighed since I was 14, so I’m ok with it.

Staying positive and keep pushing is the only thing we can do @abefroman329. Reading these post motivates me because I felt I was alone. The only thing I try to do is focus on what I have already lost.

So happy you are all here! Yes, as my surgeon recently said, “the honeymoon phase is over!” Now I have to really work for the weight loss. I know we can all do it! We’ve come so far already!!!

I was losing two or three lb/week like clockwork until a few weeks ago. Now I've been battling the same pound back and forth. I'm only 3.2 pounds away from goal, so I'm pushing hard to get there.

If I didn't lose any more, I'd be disappointed at not officially hitting goal, but happy none the less. I'm focused more on building muscle than losing weight at this point anyway.

Well, after a few weeks of minimal losses, I logged a 3.3lb loss this week and have officially hit goal weight!

I actually lost this week too-2.5lbs. Still long way to goal but every little bit. However, this week I traveled for work and for the first time since I was a kid, I sat comfortably in a seat on flight, no seatbelt extender, not constantly worried I was encroaching on the space of my seat mate. It felt wonderful :)

Checking in to see how everyone is doing at 1 year out. :)

84lbs down - maintaining at 168lbs for last 3 months :) Running, spinning and loving Body Combat!