Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

4 minutes ago, BrandNewMe495 said:

Sleeved on 12/29
Still trying to get all my Water and Protein in.. very tired all the Time, Vitamins make me sick..
I’m in California

Hi from Fl 12/28 sleeved

me too! I am staying up until Midnight to get the waster in . Up at 6 start Water.

i bought some Isopure non flavored whey Protein and adding it to my shake or yogurt, Soup etc. I also use protein water and count that for protein and water? Idk.. this is a full time job managing Vitamins, water, protein. Good Luck on your Journey.

6 minutes ago, BrandNewMe495 said:

Definitely a full-time job on top of my full-time job...hehe good luck

we have to hang in there...:)

Yep ;)

So I’m on 3 weeks post op and doc said I could start soft foods like cottage cheese eggs etc... I tried some retried Beans and didn’t feel great. My stomach kinda hurt and intestines kind of felt weird . Sams with a bit if guac? Any suggestions? Is it just the fat content? Or what! Anyone else?

So I’m on 3 weeks post op and doc said I could start soft foods like cottage cheese eggs etc... I tried some retried Beans and didn’t feel great. My stomach kinda hurt and intestines kind of felt weird . Sams with a bit if guac? Any suggestions? Is it just the fat content? Or what! Anyone else?

I don't know what it is but my stomach did not like the Beans at 3 weeks either. I have tried again and they were ok but I didn't have much. Maybe for me it's that I didn't really like beans even before surgery. I am one month post op.

Sent from my SM-G920T using BariatricPal mobile app

I don't know what it is but my stomach did not like the Beans at 3 weeks either. I have tried again and they were ok but I didn't have much. Maybe for me it's that I didn't really like Beans even before surgery. I am one month post op.

My gallbladder is already out and I usually have no problems with them or avacodos .... if this is life I’m gonna be really sad!! I just don’t want to do anything hat would cause a leak!!!!

12 minutes ago, aimee jones said:

I’ve tried eating the Beans with a touch of guacamole, and I got diarrhea both times.

My gallbladder is already out and I usually have no problems with them or avacodos .... if this is life I’m gonna be really sad!! I just don’t want to do anything hat would cause a leak!!!!

I think your stomach maybe isn't ready yet. Try again in a couple of days that's what I did and the second time it was fine I actually did the same Beans and guacamole.

Great!!! Did you feel pain in stomach too? I just don’t want to cause a leak

I can deal with intestinal pain because i know what it is... it’s the stomach pain like I feel full With a dull ache ... and that just after one kids spoon full

1 hour ago, aimee jones said:

My dietitian recommended I move to ground beef, turkey, and chicken (I was complaining about feeling hungry), so I had a plain Five Guys cheeseburger, no bun, for dinner. It didn’t sit right, but I kept it down ok and felt all right after a while. Then again, the Protein Shake didn’t sit right the first time I had one, so maybe it just takes time.

2 hours ago, aimee jones said:

Great!!! Did you feel pain in stomach too? I just don’t want to cause a leak

No stomach pain, just intestinal pain.

Beans are super dense, I still can't eat refried beans without thinning them (sour cream works well). Try lighter things first like yogurt, scrambled eggs, chicken salad etc. if something doesn't go down well just try it again a week or two later.

How is everyone doing? Almost 4 weeks!

Starting solids in a few days. I am wondering if you feel more restrictive?

Water, liquids go down easy.. too .. purée can do 5 oz or more ??but I don’t ..

Does anyone know if broth can count as water?

Thanks