Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

Good Luck! Yes it’s great to here veryines stories.

I have a question for you all.

i am picking my date this Thursday.. fo you think before Dec 21?22 Xmas or Dec 27? Time enough to be able to do things? Or is it just walking and resting? How do you all feel?

Is it liquid for different time frames for each patient? I’ll find out Thurs.

Thanks!

I had mine on the 12th, was told it’ll start at 10 but it actually started at 11

It felt like one sec they were prepping me for it and the next sec (an hour and 6 mins later) I’m hearing voices in the recovery room of more than one nurse telling me its ovver! You did it! It’s already done!! Meanwhile I’m struggling to say that I’m having difficulty breathing my voice was beyond hoarse. It took several mins for me to finally give up saying it out loud and just kept mouthing it and they finally realized what’s going on and quickly hooked me up was oxygen mask and kept monitoring it. They said they stopped it to see how I’d do one my own and it wasn’t looking good so they put me back on it till around 5 pm.

I dozed off after the first oxygen mask for about two hours and surprisingly I’ve not had gas pain yet! Its 12:50 am and i feel great!

Been getting medications and pain and nausea meds every time I feel a little pain or nausea wave coming. Been to the bathroom twice walking on my own , then circled the nurses station three times and feeling good.

What else... trying to remember everything

oh they made 4 little cuts on my tummy and because of my super dry mouth and throat, I’ve been having a spoonful of crushed ice (less than 1 oz) every few mins and it helps very much

will post as I remember more

Edited by {.Narin.}

5 hours ago, SKF said:

Good Luck! Yes it’s great to here veryines stories.

I have a question for you all.

i am picking my date this Thursday.. fo you think before Dec 21?22 Xmas or Dec 27? Time enough to be able to do things? Or is it just walking and resting? How do you all feel?

Is it liquid for different time frames for each patient? I’ll find out Thurs.

Thanks!

Regarding your surgery date, how long are you taking off if you’re working? And how long are you supposed to be on pre op liquids diet? If your pre op clear diet doesn’t start till 4-5 days before op, I’d choose the 27th

but if you’re working and going back to it soon after New Years then as early as possible that way you have time to focus on your food and liquids intake and measurements and getting some rest .

Pre op food requirements AND post op food stages differ tremendously from one surgeon to another.

After surgery, i’m supposed to do Clear Liquids only at the hospital. Then first day back home start on liquified puréed food

Thank you for sharing. I’ll find out Thursday preop.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Your updates are valued. Good vibes being sent. Hang in there.

Sorry got these typos ! Ugh

Edited by SKF
Typo

Anyone with early December dates, do you have advice for nausea?? Surgery went well and I did great in the hospital. Hit my 4oz and hour and was sent home. But I'm battling really bad nausea. I've been dry heaving and have barely got in 5 oz today since 10am.

Any advice? I can't believe how much I'm struggling with Water and other liquids.

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

7 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Anyone with early December dates, do you have advice for nausea?? Surgery went well and I did great in the hospital. Hit my 4oz and hour and was sent home. But I'm battling really bad nausea. I've been dry heaving and have barely got in 5 oz today since 10am.

Any advice? I can't believe how much I'm struggling with Water and other liquids.< br />

oh yikes that sounds awful. :( I had a bit of Water nausea for a couple days after I came home but nothing bad like that..

as part of my surgeon's protocol, I take 1 chewable pepcid morning and night so that may be helping me there..I would call your surgeon's office as every protocol is different and ask if you can add that in?

9 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Any advice? I can't believe how much I'm struggling with Water and other liquids.

Is your nausea any better now? My doc sent me home with an anti-nausea med, maybe yours would prescribe something? I've also had a little luck with ginger aromatherapy.

9 hours ago, Road2Newme3 said:

Any advice? I can't believe how much I'm struggling with Water and other liquids.< br />

I’m so sorry you’re going through this! But you definitely need to contact your surgeon’s office ASAP

since I’m terrified of throwing up and with the slightest nausea my body can’t stand talking about food or drinks , i was very clear with my surgeon and before surgery they gave me medication for it and the whole time at the hospital post op they’ve been giving me medication for nausea and since being discharged, have little pills that i take every six hours as needed for nausea.

hope it leaves you alone soon

On 12/3/2017 at 8:45 PM, thatblondechick said:

Dec 13 sleever here!! Just finished day 5 of the liquid diet. Feeling great, a little sleepy, but nothing crazy!! Need a buddy too!!!

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

Thatblondechick: sending positive healing thoughts your way. I'm scheduled to have my procedure today.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:20 PM, Jeannie49 said:

you are too funny :) I've had a bit of hunger here or there the last day or two but nothing crazy...today I got seriously hungry (i was sleeved on Thursday)...not sure if it's the 3 thyroid pills I'm still taking that is revving me up or what...I'm not allowed jellor or pudding yet -- just spoke to nutritionist and she upped my Protein Shake from 2oz per meal to 2.5..hoping that does it.

that is a good idea about taking down your measurements - I didn't do that. I'm down 12lbs since surgery but should take my measurements too.

HAHA!! My growls are getting tame now. I'm at 12 lbs too and I can't seem to break that. I was hoping to get to 20 lbs by Dec 20th when I go to the doctor. I'm not walking enough so I'm going to pick that up the next few days. I really over did myself yesterday. I had couple of night with only 4-5 hours of sleep and a big day yesterday and it slapped me down last night. Better today. I know for me, I have to overdo in order to gain my strength. I've also barely made my fluids limit now for 2 days, probably why I didn't lose any more.

For anyone who needs to know what 9 days out (Sleeve 12/5) looks like: the main incision pain is gone-now it is just itchy as it heals. The “glue” is starting to peel a bit. Drinking without getting immediately “full” or whatever the sensation was in the beginning is much better. I started to notice some hormonal raging on Day 7–irritable, impatient, weepy; etc. Missing real food, (and COFFEEEEE!), of course, but knew what I signed up for and Stage 2 is just a week away.

Hi, all. I was sleeved on 12/11. Anyone else have a noisy new stomach? I feel like even just drinking Water, I can hear it "processing" down through my new stomach (I can sure feel it to!). It's this normal? Is this permanent?

59 minutes ago, BlueCrush said:

Hi, all. I was sleeved on 12/11. Anyone else have a noisy new stomach? I feel like even just drinking Water, I can hear it "processing" down through my new stomach (I can sure feel it to!). It's this normal? Is this permanent?

My stomach was noisy at first, too! And the burping...wow. My stomach is much better now, I only hear it occasionally. I'm post op day 7.

12/12 here, an my stomach is very noisy. Just a tad bit sore. The worst of it has been the nausea.

My surgery is on 12/28 and i'm nervous and excited!