Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, Road2Newme3 said:

Thanks! It's at 10:30, I have to be there by 8:30 though. I'm the second one of the day. It's my first surgery so I'm kind of nervous but definitely more excited than anything! What about you?

Sent from my SM-G892A using BariatricPal mobile app

You got this, before you know it you would only be sore and walking around! The swelling will come down and you will be slimmer!

Hi! Good Luck to all. I had gastric sleeve surgery done on 12/5. I am wondering if anyone else has pain in the largest incision?

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:13 AM, SKF said:

Hi!

i am new to this group. I am hoping for my sleeve revision this December. I had the Lapband emergency removed in August and keep gaining :(. Metabolism shot! I haven’t eaten any Pasta bread eating the same just more., not much.. less exercising because I am recovering and depressed from having it removed . My BMI lower than start so it’s been a struggle to get this done.. I have the other conditions to support the need in my opinion.. just waiting on insurance. Any low BMI ers 30 ?

Anyone out there to give me insight on your experience and if this is a good decision for a revision. Since it’s permanent unlike the Lapband. Any input on your stories or advice on insurance .. lapband revision to sleeve.. success rate?? Etc

Thsnk you.. I don’t want to go backwards ., didn’t want my Lapband Out was doing great keeping weight at a good place .

i can get this done next week if I want to go it ., hopefully insurance 🙏🏻

Had lapband 6 yrs ago, then it slipped in October 2016 and was removed in January 2017. I gained a lot of weight back. The surgery to remove it was tough on me, scar tissue removed and two ulcer sores repaired. Just had the Sleeve this week Dec 5th. I lost 26 lbs before surgery. You will do good. Going through Lap band will help you know what to expect. This is a more traumatic due to cutting off the stomach but the sipping and post-op it will be like riding a bike! Keep me posted

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:11 AM, YummyMummy303 said:

I was the 2nd December - can I still join?

Sleeved: 2/11/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs

Absolutely! I was on Dec 5th, just got home on Thurs and back online today

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 5:20 AM, Keira Fae said:

I told my struggles about him eating near me to people I know in real life and they said since I was the one deciding to get a sleeve done, then I must be considerate of my boyfriend and let him eat what he want where he want. That I must learn to have self control because it's like a diet... (to which I will say it's complete BS liquid diet isn't like ANY diet I did.). But since it was an opinion from someone I respect I let my boyfriend do what he want and eat whatever. I am having less struggles by the days probably because I know it is soon happening ....

It's normally only the week-end anyways as we have different working hours. I know it is like tempting the head hunger but I will count any victories that I can have.

The good news is you both have different work schedules. If he respects you, he will respect what you want to do in your life. What happens if your schedules change? You need to think about that. Think about the weekends and how to handle that. Every time your resist temptation, give yourself a pat on the back. That helps me. I have a hubby that is extremely overweight. I told him it is up to him what he wants to do. If he chooses not to lose, that's his choice. I'm reaching my goals.

Mary, Thanks for the info on the sweats and chills. I was Dec. 5th, too, and have felt the same during the night. Do you have incision pain (the largest one) when standing up and gurgling in the new tummy after drinking your liquids?

On 12/5/2017 at 6:51 AM, saltykisses said:

Good luck!! Your day has finally arrived!

Hope you are well soon. Continued thoughts and prayers for a speedy successful recovery. How long in the hospital?

Thanks for your comments.

just found out denied. I guess I will be going it on my own. Getting a date this month Monday from Drs office, looking for Dec. 19. Any other self Pay.. I will appeal but I think I need to just move forward this is out of control .. . Starting liquids Monday. I am scared. How are the December sleevers doing? Anyone from Fl?

It’s hard when they don’t get it. Take care of you. Success. This is a constant battle. Good Luck.

How are you doing Ruby? I had surgery on Dec 5th too. I got home on Thursday, doing better today except for the chills and sweats I've had. NP said it was due to the trauma of the surgery and is normal.

I’m doing a lot better today. Had my surgery on the 6th. I was in unbearable pain the first night but that slowly eased. I was discharged the next day. The two nurses I had were awesome. One even gave me a congrats card because just two days prior to my surgery I passed my nursing boards exam.

Once home I slept and walked. Last night was the first night I didn’t need any pain meds to sleep. Only thing that is bothering me is the constant gurgling in my tummy and all the saliva that I’m producing.

Hope you all have a easy pain free recovery!!

Hope you are well soon. Continued thoughts and prayers for a speedy successful recovery. How long in the hospital?
Thanks for your comments.
just found out denied. I guess I will be going it on my own. Getting a date this month Monday from Drs office, looking for Dec. 19. Any other self Pay.. I will appeal but I think I need to just move forward this is out of control .. . Starting liquids Monday. I am scared. How are the December sleevers doing? Anyone from Fl?

Omg seriously! Well guess what?!! Same happened to me on Thursday! Inaurance denied me after every single appt, meeting criteria and even after Drs supposedly verified benefits.
I literally cried the whole day. I found some light at the end of the tunnel the following day. My friend told me about a Dr in same city who will soothe surgery if you have 1) hiatal hernia or 2) need gallbladder removed. I have #1. Dr offers to do sleeve at same time as hiatal hernia repair, I just have to pay the $5k separately. Which i have opted to do!
So crazy we had same thing happen. What was the reason you got denied??!! I thought you were already at the hospital for your surgery the day you posted.

Oh wow!! How do they get away with that? Glad you had #1option and the next day the light shined!!!its a sign Good Luck keep me posted.

i had a December date thinking it was a go. Denied me because my BMI not 35! 32..Have all the Co morbid issues .. HB, High Cholesterol? Joint pain. Even though I just had an emergency Lapband removal the end of August. Drs letters all said medically necessary. Revisions should be approved in my opinion! Ridiculous for me to gain more weight than the 25 I’ve gained already! I am going to sp? My health is at stake and I don’t want to gain more .. December date was on hold with my Dr.. unless I try to find a new Dr or appeal ? Anyone appeal. I may look into Hernia to have checked out. Thanks for sharing.

its nice and helpful to here everyone progress.. I thought I was in this group of Dec sleevers because Dr said my date would be fine to move to scheduled Dec 12 ? Moved to Dec 19 now .. can I still stay for now on this group? . I hope all goes well-with you Dec Sleevers! I hope I am one of those!!!

Edited by SKF
Typo

Congrats and speedy recovery to all that just had the surgery!:452_medal::452_medal::452_medal:

I’m at the freaking out stage realizing that i just have two days before my surgery (not counting today) and I’ve had “little” mess ups since the start of my liquids diet up until yesterday morning:48_weary:

but definitely no more mess ups please lol

my mind is so scattered from working double shifts the last 2 days and my fear of what’s coming.

i’d love it though if we could all keep the tradition the early December sleevers started of posting a recount of what we are going through at every stage, pre/ op day/post op. Kinda treat this post as a sleeve journal:blush:

Good luck to ALL of us! WE GOT THIS!!!!!!

On 12/4/2017 at 1:12 PM, thatblondechick said:

Ooo I would love some veggies right now!!! broth and shakes only take me so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I hear you! broth and shakes were making me so weak I wasn't hungry if that makes sense? I was coming in between 6oo-800 calories/day. The nutritionist relented and allowed me some lean meat which has been a game changer!

On 12/5/2017 at 6:57 AM, saltykisses said:

I'm scheduled for December 19th! I can't believe it's almost here. I have pre surgery and pre op this week where they'll share foods, Proteins etc info that I'll need. I'll be on the 2 week liquid diet.
I've taken tueaday-friday off from work. Monday is Christmas so I'll return on Tuesday. God willing with no complications. I'm wishing everyone a successful month and saying a prayer for your doctor's steady skilled hands and a speedy recovery.
I bought a size 10 skirt just to hang in the closet LOL.
I've had some people tell me if you get through day 3 of liquid diet, then you're good. Thoughts??

That was totally true for me! You really lose your hunger.