Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Buddies Group - Surgery Dec 4 to 15, 2017

Hola!!!
I’m December 19th !!! See a few with the same date too ! I’m excited and nervous. I also started my liver shrinking diet today. My consist on 3 Protein Shakes a day and one healthy meal. (Example = 3oz of Protein (chicken , fish .....) 1/3 cup of brown rice or 1/2 lentils . 1 cup of veggies . 1/8 of avocado. 1 fruit . )
How much time are you all taking off work ..... if you work ?

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

I’m scheduled for Wednesday the 6th ... I’m soo nervous

Hi ~ Welcome to the group. My Countdown for surgery on Tuesday at 8:30am!! I don't know about you but I've been so busy trying to get everything done for Christmas and some things in order. Tomorrow is my last "day" and so much to do.
Over the last week since my pre-op I've been a little anxious but now really excited! I had a lap band and now getting the sleeve. I have done the whole program with lap band and it's the same for sleeve. Let me know if you know to know anything. More than happen to help.

Good luck!! Your day has finally arrived!

I'm scheduled for December 19th! I can't believe it's almost here. I have pre surgery and pre op this week where they'll share foods, Proteins etc info that I'll need. I'll be on the 2 week liquid diet.
I've taken tueaday-friday off from work. Monday is Christmas so I'll return on Tuesday. God willing with no complications. I'm wishing everyone a successful month and saying a prayer for your doctor's steady skilled hands and a speedy recovery.
I bought a size 10 skirt just to hang in the closet LOL.
I've had some people tell me if you get through day 3 of liquid diet, then you're good. Thoughts??

32 minutes ago, saltykisses said:

Good luck!! Your day has finally arrived!

Hi!

i am new to this group. I am hoping for my sleeve revision this December. I had the Lapband emergency removed in August and keep gaining :(. Metabolism shot! I haven’t eaten any Pasta bread eating the same just more., not much.. less exercising because I am recovering and depressed from having it removed . My BMI lower than start so it’s been a struggle to get this done.. I have the other conditions to support the need in my opinion.. just waiting on insurance. Any low BMI ers 30 ?

Anyone out there to give me insight on your experience and if this is a good decision for a revision. Since it’s permanent unlike the Lapband. Any input on your stories or advice on insurance .. lapband revision to sleeve.. success rate?? Etc

Thsnk you.. I don’t want to go backwards ., didn’t want my Lapband Out was doing great keeping weight at a good place .

i can get this done next week if I want to go it ., hopefully insurance 🙏🏻

Edited by SKF
Typo

15 hours ago, Keira Fae said:

Mine is for dec 18, I am only doing shakes been on it since nov 20.

I swear some days I wanted to just taste a food I like and spit it out just so my craving is dealt with... But i've been REALLY good even if my boyfriend eats delicious meals infront of me I didn't cave in and stuck to the shakes. Office brought us Cookies and I resisted :49_triumph:

I am not hungry on the Protein Shakes it does upset my stomach at times tho. Another 14 days and I can say goodbye to those shakes and hello to broths! I am looking forward to broth soooo much.

I started buying my Jello and broth for my post op

Tell your boyfriend to go out to eat, or eat in another room. That's just mean to eat good stuff in front of you!

18 hours ago, thatblondechick said:

Ooo I would love some veggies right now!!! broth and shakes only take me so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm not sure if I'd make it living on just the shakes and broth - you rock! It might just be because I'm so hungry, but zucchini 'noodles' are the most delicious thing in the world right now. I can put salt on them and chew them!

42 minutes ago, loey13 said:

Tell your boyfriend to go out to eat, or eat in another room. That's just mean to eat good stuff in front of you!

I told my struggles about him eating near me to people I know in real life and they said since I was the one deciding to get a sleeve done, then I must be considerate of my boyfriend and let him eat what he want where he want. That I must learn to have self control because it's like a diet... (to which I will say it's complete BS liquid diet isn't like ANY diet I did.). But since it was an opinion from someone I respect I let my boyfriend do what he want and eat whatever. I am having less struggles by the days probably because I know it is soon happening ....

It's normally only the week-end anyways as we have different working hours. I know it is like tempting the head hunger but I will count any victories that I can have.

14 hours ago, Aran1030 said:

Hola!!!
I’m December 19th !!! See a few with the same date too ! I’m excited and nervous. I also started my liver shrinking diet today. My consist on 3 Protein Shakes a day and one healthy meal. (Example = 3oz of Protein (chicken , fish .....) 1/3 cup of brown rice or 1/2 lentils . 1 cup of veggies . 1/8 of avocado. 1 fruit . )

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

1 hour ago, saltykisses said:

I'm scheduled for December 19th! I can't believe it's almost here. I have pre surgery and pre op this week where they'll share foods, Proteins etc info that I'll need. I'll be on the 2 week liquid diet.
I've taken tueaday-friday off from work. Monday is Christmas so I'll return on Tuesday. God willing with no complications. I'm wishing everyone a successful month and saying a prayer for your doctor's steady skilled hands and a speedy recovery.
I bought a size 10 skirt just to hang in the closet LOL.
I've had some people tell me if you get through day 3 of liquid diet, then you're good. Thoughts??

Aran1030,

I'm taking from my surgery date Dec 11th until Jan 2nd off... but that's only because I was already planning to take the week of Christmas off anyways. I know I will likely not need all that time since I just work a desk job, but... I WANT IT!! I'll take any break from work I can get.

saltykisses,

I've been so excited that for the last month I have been buying the best clothes from goodwill in all sizes down to 10. I'm afraid to go any lower than that.

14 hours ago, Aran1030 said:

Aran1030, around here people are taking off in the area of 1-2 weeks, sometimes longer based on your type of work. I'm personally hoping for 2 weeks. It really depends on your surgeon, talk to him about the time frame and what works best for you and your situation.

31 minutes ago, Keira Fae said:

I told my struggles about him eating near me to people I know in real life and they said since I was the one deciding to get a sleeve done, then I must be considerate of my boyfriend and let him eat what he want where he want. That I must learn to have self control because it's like a diet... (to which I will say it's complete BS liquid diet isn't like ANY diet I did.). But since it was an opinion from someone I respect I let my boyfriend do what he want and eat whatever. I am having less struggles by the days probably because I know it is soon happening ....

It's normally only the week-end anyways as we have different working hours. I know it is like tempting the head hunger but I will count any victories that I can have.

Well, you have to do what you think is best, but think about it this way. If you had a good friend who was an alcoholic, and they decided to sober up, would you sit down with a six pack and drink it in front of them the first week they're trying to stay sober? If you're a good friend, then probably not. You're not asking him to quit eating forever, you're just asking him to not chow down right in front of you while you are literally starving in preparation for surgery.

Anyway, sorry for throwing my 2 cents at you. I'm on my liquid diet right now too, so I know how hard it is. If my husband came home with a sack of cheeseburgers I think I'd have to kill him. :)

Whoa! you guys hardly got any time off after surgery!

I will have at least 6 weeks off, they were giving a month before but they had best result when patients had another 2 week to adjust.

I have only taken off for a little under a week. I have surgery Thurs and hope to be back to work next Wed. I work at a desk job for my ft job but for my pt job I have taken off 2 to 3 weeks.