Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bra Shopping

paula

You people have WAY too much fun when left unsupervised. Here's a chart that has to do with the..oh, yeah, THAT...bra sizes.

Volume and Cup Size

This area causes quite a bit of confusion, both pre and post op. Band size is band size - you can't change that by going up or down in cup size. But cup volume does vary by band size. The volume of the cup of a 38C is not the same volume as that of a 36C. It's actually larger. Next time you go shopping, select one style of bra and compare a 38C and a 34C. You'll see they are not the same size in the cups. But if you compare a 38B and a 36C, you'll see the cups are the same size in volume. Below we have compiled a few comparisons that will help you to visualize how volumes work in different band sizes:

This is based around a 38B cup:

Though the band sizes all differ, the actual volume of all of these cups are the same.

40A

38B

36C

34D

32DD

This is based around a 36B cup:

Though the band sizes all differ, the actual volume of all of these cups are the same.

38A

36B

34C

32D

This is based around a 34B cup:

36A

34B

32C

This is based around a 44C cup:

46B

44C

42D

40DD

38DDD

This is based around a 44B cup:

46A

44B

42C

40D

38DD

36DDD

So, in the above example, if you are wearing a 44B cup right now, the actual cups of the other band sizes in the list would infact fit your breasts. The band size will not fit, but the point is that the volumes are the same in that grouping.

Thanks, Sue, that helps! And, Greg, your enthusiasm for education is truly inspiring.

WHAT RELIGION IS YOUR BRA?

A man walked into the ladies department of a Macy's and shyly walked up

to the woman behind the counter and said, "I'd like to buy a bra for my wife."

"What type of bra?" asked the clerk .

"Type?" inquires the man, "There's more than one type?"

"Look around," said the saleslady, as she showed a sea of bras in every shape, size, color and material imaginable. "Actually, even with all of this variety there are really only four types of bras to choose from."

Relieved, the man asked about the types.

The saleslady replied:

"There are the Catholic, the Salvation Army, the Presbyterian, and the Baptist types. Which one would you prefer?"

Now totally befuddled the man asked about the differences between them.

The saleslady responded, "It is all really quite simple...

The Catholic type supports the masses.

The Salvation Army type lifts the fallen.

The Presbyterian type keeps them staunch and upright.

The Baptist makes mountains out of mole hills." :-)

Dog gonnit, there's Greg at it again. Can we just stop with this thread, I think it brings out the other side of him!LOL!!!!

That was a good one, Greg!

Betty,

I'm beginning to get it now how Greg works. He is in the mix even if it aint a mix he should be mixing. I got it, I got it!!! Bless his heart, perhaps we should get him a bra and some socks but then again he knows so much about this subject he might already have one or two of his own.

Or Greg do you claim to be one of those bra extractors? My hubby claims he was an expert at that at one point in his life!!LOL!!!

You are crazy! But you did make me laugh, and everyone needs to laugh at least once a day if not a whole lot more! Although my boss might begin to worry about me sitting up here laughing all the time. :D :clap:

I have a problem seems that my band size has shrunk. I wear a 38DD so when I go to get a smaller bra do I get a 37 or 36 DD is that how it works??

Cup size is ok I just need more support on the band since it is not holding me up..

Do you have a store where someone can properly measure you? I think you need to try them on and see, rather than order off a website (sight unseen). Different brands fit differently. Once you find out the right size, check out stores like Ross. You can find some beautiful ones for $6 or $7 dollars. I've seen the same ones in department stores for $35 or $40.

I have a problem seems that my band size has shrunk. I wear a 38DD so when I go to get a smaller bra do I get a 37 or 36 DD is that how it works??

Cup size is ok I just need more support on the band since it is not holding me up..

Okay, I had to read this several times. Your Band shrunk? How in the heck did that happen, it's sillicon for crin' out loud, it's probably impervious to heat and I'll bet it's non-stick too.

But after reading you post several times, I realised it was you BRA band size that shunk, not you Band ...

Mary,

at the top of this page, Geezer Sue gave us a chart for bra shopping. (by the way - where is she, havent seen her around in a while)

So, according to this chart, you may want to try a 36 DDD. Again, its like anything else, different brands are sized differently. So you may need to take several brands of the same size to get the "right" one! :)

*sigh* even bra shopping is a challenge!