Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Researching Mexican Lap-Band Doctors 101

Where is your doctor located? Do they have a site? Just wondering. Thanks again!!!

I started to post it but I deleted it. :)

I'd rather not post MD info here so this thread can be as objective and neutral as possible and not to sway anyone one way or another. If you don't mind I'd prefer to PM or email you the name.

I started to post it but I deleted it. :)

I'd rather not post MD info here so this thread can be as objective and neutral as possible and not to sway anyone one way or another. If you don't mind I'd prefer to PM or email you the name.

You'd rather not post MD info to be objective and neutral and not sway anyone one way or another. Your signature isn't helping as it does the complete opposite. You have your Doctor's name and location as your signature. It's a bit of a contradiction.

You'd rather not post MD info to be objective and neutral and not sway anyone one way or another. Your signature isn't helping as it does the complete opposite. You have your Doctor's name and location as your signature. It's a bit of a contradiction.

It is quite common to have our goals and doc names in our sigs. You know, kinda like yours as well as most members here.

Here is yours:

I'm losing weight TODAY. Banded on 07/24/07

Dr. Francisco Gonzalez

How to pick a lap band surgeon, click here: http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f11/resea...tml#post600965

We can post our goals and encourage others or we can promote a doc. I prefer to post goals and encourage others. If we are going to promote docs it needs to be done on a different thread, that would not be THIS thread. The whole idea of this thread is to encourage detailed research (that includes stats... sorry, but it does). Just like I won't go into details of who has the BAD stats, I'm not pushing those with good stats either. I don't care if the doc is in the US or Mexico, this isn't the thread for it. There are many good and bad surgeons in all countries.

I've made it as clear as possible HOW to research, the rest is up to the person doing the research.

I will not promote one doc over another is this thread. It isn't going to happen. Please refer to post #3 for details.

To someone who is researching doctors on this thread, I highly recommend the doctor I used . His name is Dr. Zapata in Monterrey, Mexico. He is a wonderful doctor who is caring with patients as well as exhibiting great expertise when it came to fixing a problem I had when I went for the surgery. Having worked in many hospitals and with many doctors, I can easily say he is someone I would feel comfortable telling anyone about.

Mary Luke

BTW, this thread is not designed for folks to tell how great their doc is/was/will be. This is meant to be an objective and neutral method for people to do their own research.

Thanks!

Just a little re-post ... :)

I think part of doing research is learning about the experiences people have had with their doctors, both good and bad. That is how I decided to go to the doctor I eventually chose. Perhaps we can have different opinions about what constitutes research/informartion.

I think part of doing research is learning about the experiences people have had with their doctors, both good and bad. That is how I decided to go to the doctor I eventually chose. Perhaps we can have different opinions about what constitutes research/informartion.

Promoting docs is not neutral, it's promoting docs.

Personally, I figure my doc can do his own advertising. This thread is to help people do their own research vs. depending on unknown people on a message board. Too many patient coordinators posting here.

If you want to promote your doc feel free to start a thread but please, let this one be objective and neutral.

Thanks.

Also, thanks BlooEyes & JimmyJoe.

Wow, great thread wasabubblebutt! The title should be researching doctors in general, not just Mexican ones though. How I missed this post before picking a surgeon I'll never know. Thank God I like the doc I chose!

Thank you Lindata.

I still want to gather a bunch of internet links to verify credentials but I am looking for help on that one from my friend in Nogales. He just had a new baby and he and his wife are pretty busy right now. :D As soon as things are calmer I'm going to hit him up for help with that.

Then maybe another one to help research US doctors, and one for plastic surgery in the US and Mexico and and and...

Hello everyone,

I've been going back and forth with my insurance company about having the band done. They have agreed to do it, but my insurance changed this month. The new insurance doesn't cover this procedure. I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on how much this procedure was in Mexico? I'm trying to save some money not, but it's very difficult being a single mom.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Rhonda

Hello everyone,

I've been going back and forth with my insurance company about having the band done. They have agreed to do it, but my insurance changed this month. The new insurance doesn't cover this procedure. I was wondering if anyone could give me an estimate on how much this procedure was in Mexico? I'm trying to save some money not, but it's very difficult being a single mom.

Thank you for any information that you can provide.

Rhonda

Rhonda...

You'll probably get more takers on this if you post a thread about costs. This one is about research and those researching will be likely to read here.