Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, BridgetteG said:

Screenshot_20171129-085334.png

Is Dr. Ismael Cabrera the original surgeon you went to or is he the one that quoted you on revision surgery? I don't think Mexico Bariatric Center was around when you originally had your surgery.

I have heard about similar issues from a few patients over the years. There were and still are some bad surgeons, in Mexico and elsewhere. Some were using expired staples and equipment as well.

At least you found out and didn't live not knowing your entire life!

Wow, that's terrible. Did you contact the doctor or have any recourse when you found out?

It's funny that you ask that, right after I did contact yhe lady that set it up, Leili, with no response. Then (I live in Louisiana), I flooded and we lost everything, that surgery was the last thing on my mind for a while. But what is funny, I got on this just yesterday, saw the forum and posted my experience. Leili, called me about a hour ago for me to send my dr recotds.

Is Dr. Ismael Cabrera the original surgeon you went to or is he the one that quoted you on revision surgery? I don't think Mexico Bariatric Center was around when you originally had your surgery.
I have heard about similar issues from a few patients over the years. There were and still are some bad surgeons, in Mexico and elsewhere. Some were using expired staples and equipment as well.
At least you found out and didn't live not knowing your entire life!

Yes, it is the Mexico Bariatric Center.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

15 minutes ago, BridgetteG said:

It's funny that you ask that, right after I did contact yhe lady that set it up, Leili, with no response. Then (I live in Louisiana), I flooded and we lost everything, that surgery was the last thing on my mind for a while. But what is funny, I got on this just yesterday, saw the forum and posted my experience. Leili, called me about a hour ago for me to send my dr recotds.

Not that it can be made right, but I hope that you at the very least get an explanation and your money back. I hope you are getting back on your feet now, it sounds like a terrible past few years for you. I wish you the best in getting this sorted out.

3 hours ago, BridgetteG said:

GoddessMoon, this is the first time Ive been on any forum and I've never experienced rudeness like this. If you read my post, I had a lapband years ago and this was suppose to revise that (which was $1000 more) and do the sleeve. In regards to you question, its hard to tell what difference it would feel. What finally happened is the lap got more and more constrictions that I had to have fixed. My gastro dr ordered the upper GI and CT which showed no sleeve before he had to start doing EGDs.

I wasn't trying to come off rude, I can be outspoken, so if I offended you..my apologies.

Maybe they are reading this ! Sorry for your experience

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Wouldn't you have known if they didn't take the band out right when it happened with the port and all? I've never heard of someone having both so I would assume the band would have come out when the sleeve was (supposedly) created. I have heard Dr. Alvarez (a reputable surgeon in Mexico) mention having to wait a while to do a sleeve after removing a band because of the scarring.

Edited by Busman20

I never had a port, Im not sure what that is. I had the band many, many years ago. Back before it was laparoscopic. I just had a gastric bypass done on 10/10 and the difference is that food doesnt get stuck and you puke for days. If you've had the band you know what that feels like, I didnt have the sleeve, how would I know what that felt like?

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

MAN O MIGHTY!!! That is horrible!! Are they still in business? If so I would try to follow up with them and see what they have to say about this SCAM!!! The very least you are due, is a refund!!! So sorry for everything that has happened to you!!! Hang tight and have a great day or evening I should say.

Good for you!! I guess they figure your recommendation can go long ways out touching many others and telling what happened to you can be a little scary for them. I'm glad they are calling you and trying to check things out for you. Good Luck