Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@BridgetteG Gosh, wouldn't it be awesome if you could get a refund?

11 minutes ago, BridgetteG said:

I doubt that would happen.

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I wouldn't doubt too much, I think (hope) they will attempt to do something to make up for the damage that was done. It goes so far beyond just the monetary issue, I can't imagine how betrayed you feel, and all the time lost that you could have been losing and getting healthier rather than having issues because you still have the band in place. Not to mention the danger to you in not knowing the truth about your medical/surgical history for so long. They made a huge mistake, and with the power of social media, if they don't respond in a way that says they are working with you to try to get to the bottom of what went wrong it can have a very negative impact on their business. Something needs to be done towards making it right for you. (Again, not that it can really be made right, but they need to make a gesture) I am very interested in hearing what their response will be since they have been in contact with you now.

18 hours ago, BridgetteG said:

I never had a port, Im not sure what that is. I had the band many, many years ago. Back before it was laparoscopic. I just had a gastric bypass done on 10/10 and the difference is that food doesnt get stuck and you puke for days. If you've had the band you know what that feels like, I didnt have the sleeve, how would I know what that felt like?

It sounds like you had something other than a lapband - they have ports where they enter and remove Fluid to adjust it. There were other types of bands too...

I had a lapband for 10 years and it didn't work well for me - food got stuck, puking etc.. I revised to sleeve 6 years ago with very good results - removal was a few months before the sleeve due to scar tissue. Many people have it done in one surgery (someone else asked about this!).

Hi Bridgette! I think you had the Verticle Banded Gastoplesty. Is that right? I know it used to be called stomach stapling. So going in for a revision surgery for that makes a whole lot more sense than going in for a lap band revision. That’s why you never had a port. I’m really sorry this happened to you. I hope you get your money back. Did you ever try to go back and see your original surgeon who did the VBG? From what I understand, if you start suffering from the symptoms you described you usually have a leak or fistula. I hope that was the case, because the diet for both of these surgeries are almost the same. I’m hoping you have better luck with the GB. And I hope you get a refund and an explanation!

Bridgette, I'm so very sorry this happened. Please take care. I will be thinking positive thoughts for you.

Di

Sent from my SM-G930V using BariatricPal mobile app

Bridgette, if you had yours done that long ago, it could be what was said earlier. They called it a Gastric Bypass and did it with stapes. If that is true my cousin had her stomach stapled and it was horrible!! She gained more weight than she lost. Plus, she was sicker than a dog the whole time. She got a bell pepper stuck (from her last supper as it is called) Chinese dinner. They put a tube down her nose with meat tenderizer going thru trying to get the pepper unlodged. Didn't work so they had to reopen her up and when they pulled her stomach down it ruptured her Spleen so she lost that and was so sickly for so long. Everything that came along she got sick from. So sad and then insult to injury she weighs more than she did before her stomach stapling. I am so glad you getting things done. Stay on those people, they need to be Black Balled from being WL surgeons. Good luck

Gosh, I hope she's better. Mine was never stapled, actally nothing done to my stomach the opening was banded. Everything would get stuck until you threw it up. Id live on cream sauces and ice cream, because they would go thru. You couldnt eat anything healrhy and the stomach itself was the same size, so you were definitely hungry.

I am horrified as I am going to get vsg by Dr. Cabrera pretty soon.

I'm sorry about what happened to you. I'm curious to know how your correspondence with them continues not that it is of any constellation at this point .

I am horrified as I am going to get vsg by Dr. Cabrera pretty soon.
I'm sorry about what happened to you. I'm curious to know how your correspondence with them continues not that it is of any constellation at this point .

Id be thinking twice if it was me.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app