Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8 years out and keeping it off |399 - 168

Wow! Thanks for posting!

Congratulations. ;-):rolleyes:B):lol:B):P:)

Hi@bariatricbutterfly! Very motivating post, thank you! Would u mind if i picked ur brain for just a few questions? Such as:

--Did u lose the majority of ur weight within the firsr 12-18 months?
--Assuming u did, thinking back to that time, what was ur exercise regimen? Like did u exercise 1 hr, 5 days/week...or ?
--What was ur diet like? Specifics like max # of cals/day u allowed urself, and max # of carbs/day, etc?
--Ur body looks great, not a lot (if any at all!) loose or excess skin. What types of exercises did u do, or was it removed by cosmetic surgery afterward?
--After 8 years of keeping the weight off, what are ur max # cals/day now, what is ur exercise regimen now? Do u find it harder to maintain or harder at first trying to get it all off?

I just love picking the brains of success stories to try and glean best practices, good and new ideas, etc, from those like u who have been where I am (2 months postop) and have made it - so thanks in advance for responding with some details of ur journey.

And Congratulations for the long term success!

Phenomenal! You look amazing!! Thank you for sharing your story and particularly your wise words!
I'm currently on day 6 post op. I'm looking forward to losing the weight, becoming fit and healthy and embracing the new lease of a vibrant life[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G935F using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi[mention=295307]bariatricbutterfly[/mention]! Very motivating post, thank you! Would u mind if i picked ur brain for just a few questions? Such as:

--Did u lose the majority of ur weight within the firsr 12-18 months? Yes. Within the first 18 months I lost 160lbs.

--Assuming u did, thinking back to that time, what was ur exercise regimen? Like did u exercise 1 hr, 5 days/week...or ? I really didn’t exercise the first few years post op. The past two years if when I really began focusing on lifestyle changes and working out on a set schedule.

--What was ur diet like? Specifics like max # of cals/day u allowed urself, and max # of carbs/day, etc? I consume about 1500 calories a day. I eat carbs, fats and Proteins. I have two free meals a week. I must follow a plan or I’m all off track.

--Ur body looks great, not a lot (if any at all!) loose or excess skin. What types of exercises did u do, or was it removed by cosmetic surgery afterward? I do cardio 4x a week. Weights 5x a week. I lift heavy and do a ton of plyometrics. I had skin removed from my arms, breast lift with no implant and a Tummy Tuck. After loosing over 200 lbs my skin was just flapping everywhere. Those surgeries occurred over two - three years ago. I refuse to have thigh surgery. Nope.

--After 8 years of keeping the weight off, what are ur max # cals/day now, what is ur exercise regimen now? Do u find it harder to maintain or harder at first trying to get it all off? As long as I exercise and don’t over indulge, maintenance is a breeze.

I just love picking the brains of success stories to try and glean best practices, good and new ideas, etc, from those like u who have been where I am (2 months postop) and have made it - so thanks in advance for responding with some details of ur journey.

And Congratulations for the long term success!

Any answers you need ping me anytime [emoji847]

Please share! You look like a billion bucks and I need to get rich too! I am almost 2 years post op. I've lost 105 lbs and it's been just that for the past year. I need help and more motivation. I still have a goal. I want to loose at least 70 more pounds.

Sent from my VS990 using BariatricPal mobile app

Any answers you need ping me anytime [emoji847]

@bariatricbutterfly
Thanks so much for ur responses!
Was ur followup surgery to remove the excess skin very painful?
Did ur insurance cover it?
Why not the thighs? Too dangerous?

Her answers are in the highlighted part in the above post right after each question. I missed them the first time I read through also

[mention=295307]bariatricbutterfly[/mention]
Thanks so much for ur responses!
Was ur followup surgery to remove the excess skin very painful?
Did ur insurance cover it?
Why not the thighs? Too dangerous?

Follow up surgery was a breeze. Unfortunately insurance did not cover. It was all out of pocket. As far as thighs go, I have no desire for the scar that comes along with it. Plus I have a tendency to keloid and don’t want to take that risk.