Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I believe I was just insulted at my gym.

18 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

Viffer said (1 - Guys - I'm flattered, really... but I'm straight.)

On behalf of the women and guy's here. Can we stuff a bill in your waistband ? I have to giggle your name could be announce at chip N dales.

Hope this is a compliment

Heck, for you Jenn I'd do that pro bono!

2 minutes ago, BigViffer said:

Heck, for you Jenn I'd do that pro bono!

Loving you guy's...The laughs are making my day!

Next to the stage for your viewing pleasure....BigViffer

3 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

Come to think of it, I could be one of the people in the new's being sued for sexual harrasment..lol

I was raised when there was no political correctness...lol I think I have harassed a few people in my time. It's my warped sense of humor that gets me in trouble.

For me it's not a big deal.

Trust me, I have had worse happen.

I would like this post over and over if I could. I wouldn't go tattling that someone hurt my feelings. I would more likely get in their face and make them feel uncomfortable. Draw attention to their stupidity.

Yes I suppose. It’s just to me, the gym should be a safe place. Women are wearing spandex and bending over etc- we need to feel safe and comfortable. I want to be able to work out without being hit on in a yucky way. I think the gym should be off limits for immature behavior.

But to each their own. [emoji4]

What strikes me about your original post was that at first, you assumed you were being insulted. When In fact, you were being “checked out” in a positive way. For many of us, I thinks it’s hard to let go of the negative assumptions and see ourselves how others see us after weight loss. Letting go of the old body image can be hard, letting go of the defensive mindset. Just something to think about for all of us vets.

9 minutes ago, bellabloom said:

Yes I suppose. It’s just to me, the gym should be a safe place. Women are wearing spandex and bending over etc- we need to feel safe and comfortable. I want to be able to work out without being hit on in a yucky way. I think the gym should be off limits for immature behavior.

But to each their own. :)

No problem to each their own

My gym is actually pretty status quo most days. I still feel safe around locker room talk. Headphones are golden. The older guy's usually will put them inline when the women are around.

A straight up creeper taking photos and videos of people..Ya, I would tell the trainers at the desk.

10 hours ago, BigViffer said:

But it sounds like a objectifying action more than a personal insult.

Some people don’t enjoy being objectified while working out and it’s inappropriate to act this way in public whether male or female, some may say the act of being “objectified” is what is insulting.

I think it’s easy to say oh I wish some random guy would behave this way towards me at a bar or a gym but in fact it can be quite embarrassing to receive such unwanted attention.

Glad you have a good sense of humor about it Jenn1. I think I would have said something when he started walking away like, Hey, where are you going with my money? :P

At the gym I go to, the zumba class got so big they started having it on the basketball court and it's in full view of everyone. There was a guy on the upper level filming it with his phone, one woman noticed him, pointed him out, and a bunch of women got mad and went to get him. He saw them coming and left down another stairwell. He's probably lucky they didn't catch him. They reported it to the front desk and they now keep an eye out to make sure it doesn't happen again.

What gym? I've found that the cheap membership gyms attract cheap people. I left Planet Fitness to go to LA Fitness because I got close to dropping z 50lb weight on someone's head to many times. After seeing some on an absolute crunching, doing reps while texting in a cell phone, I finally quit Planet Fitness

Sent from my XT1609 using BariatricPal mobile app

Whoa, I just saw this was a ladies only forum. The post came up in a recent activity feed, even though I am not subscribed, I just read it, after posting I sell the topic scroll. I wish this forum could filter based on profile.

19 minutes ago, wjgo said:

Whoa, I just saw this was a ladies only forum. The post came up in a recent activity feed, even though I am not subscribed, I just read it, after posting I sell the topic scroll. I wish this forum could filter based on profile.

Not offended by the guys posting. You are fine.

7 hours ago, wjgo said:

What gym? I've found that the cheap membership gyms attract cheap people. I left Planet Fitness to go to LA Fitness because I got close to dropping z 50lb weight on someone's head to many times. After seeing some on an absolute crunching, doing reps while texting in a cell phone, I finally quit Planet Fitness

It's actually a great gym. It's large and family friendly. It's tied in with the city's park and recreation programs

Very few issues with members.

What strikes me about your original post was that at first, you assumed you were being insulted. When In fact, you were being “checked out” in a positive way. For many of us, I thinks it’s hard to let go of the negative assumptions and see ourselves how others see us after weight loss. Letting go of the old body image can be hard, letting go of the defensive mindset. Just something to think about for all of us vets.

Interesting point Bella. Never thought about that but ur absolutely right. I can totally see that happening. Not necessarily with Jens situation, i just mean in general. Thanks for bringing that up. I will definitely try to remember that to be aware when i get my smokin hot bod (Im a newbie at ~2 months postop) [emoji6]! Although, I'm like Fluffy, I can't wait to get oogled! Never been one of the oogled type of ladies, so bring it on I say!

Ahhhh.....aspirations!! [emoji1]

were they doing the "making it rain" gesture or did they actually have dollar bills out?? Sounds like a bunch of younger idiots to me, but in their mind they were paying you a compliment some how, some way...

@JerseyJules Gotta know! What's the making it rain gesture? *snort*

Its tacky but not an "insult". They were saying you're hot in a super cheesy way. There is no shortage of loser guys, crazy guys and stupid guys out there. At least the one had to good sense to be embarrassed and walk away ashamed. Some guys act a fool and talk a bunch of mess... then go home to their wives and act TOTALLY different [emoji849] LAME. Sorry you had to deal with these jerks. It sounds like your gym has a lot of good people and these three were the exception, not the rule.