Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Buddy need - Surgery date 12/4

Oh and I'm already down 12 pounds! Huge win 💕💕

I was sleeved on 12/4/17. I would love to get buddies who were sleeved around the same time. My age is 52.

HW - 267

SW - 252

CW (12/14/17) - 235

Hi,

Glad you're doing well. Remember to look for an accurate scale that will measure body composition etc not just pounds. I still like the shakes even though I dont prefer the cost.

I had sleeve surgery on the 12th. I turned 36 the day before my surgery. HW-332. SW-312. CW-310. I’m feeling ill, can’t get enough Water down and the thought of any Clear Liquids right now makes me want to gag. I’m having terrible cramping when I sip and rapid heart rate. Haven’t slept since 4:30 am. I know it will get better but that’s hard to see now in the moment.

I also had surgury the 12th. I have had alot of vomiting cant keep meds down and am struggling. I currently have a horrible headache and moderate incision pain. I keep having those "what did I do to my self" moments. Hoping we both feel better soon.

Sent from my LGUS992 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi,

I am sure you will feel better soon. As far as the scale goes, I know its easier said than done however as longer as you're doing what you're supposed to be you will get healthier. My weight is going well and there were some weeks where it was definitely tougher. I couldnt allow myself to be discouraged or make excuses to slack off etc. The scale is only part of the process while the big picture is a healthier better life. The pain will decrease over time and Water consumption will improve. My first two to three weeks it was very tough to get enough water and one tip I can give is to sip all day long.

I came home with a 5 pound gain 5 days post op. Can’t wait till this swelling goes down and I see the scale moving. I’ve been in ketosis for 3 weeks so I know I’m losing fat.

The same thing happened to me. I am still working off the 6 pounds I gained while in the hospital. It was a shock to go through all of this to get on the scale and see that much of an increase. I assume it was all of the IV fluids. I was sleeved 12/11 and am starting to feel somewhat “normal” again. I find I am really missing chewing food. Looking forward to eating something of substance soon.

Hi ladies! I'm so sorry some of you are struggling 😭. My doctor prescribed me nausea, vomiting and pain meds, as well as Pepcid... all were god sent. I'm almost two weeks in now and feel pretty normal.... just tired. I have a hard time sleeping bc of the incisions . My doctor signed me off to eat some soft foods already but I'm a little afraid 😳.

Ive lost 17 pounds since 12/4 (surgery date).

for those that are struggling with liquid intake-- this little measuring cup has been a game changer for me

https://www.target.com/p/measuring-cup-tablecraft/-/A-14897332#lnk=sametab

i drink 3 oz at a time and use this as a cup. I also set a timer on my iPhone for every 15 minutes. I track everything on a free app called waterlogged. Hope this helps!!!

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 7:25 PM, sunbunny83 said:

Hi! Looking for a sleeve buddy... my surgery date is 12/4. I'm 34 and 325 and 5'7. Looking for someone with similar stats and goals. My surgeon predicts my goal weight to be 180 🤗. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of friends or family that understand what I'm going through and it's been tough so far... feeling alone. But I'm a super positive person that's looking to make the best life change ever. If you feel the same, let's be buddies 💕

I was sleeved on the 4th as well. How are you doing? I'm having trouble drinking enough Water. Protein is easy, shakes, cottage cheese, greek yogurt. I had potato Soup today and tried some cream of wheat, both went down well, no problems. I can eat only 2oz of cottage cheese but oddly the 5oz yogurt goes down easier. I'm down 18lbs since surgery. I had serious "buyers remorse" the first week. I still have thoughts of "why did I do this" but I hope they go away as I get out of the immediate post-op phase.

I'm struggling with not wanting to eat. Is that normal?

Edited by sunbunny83

Hi,

Yes however it depends on the intensity. From what people that vary from a year to 10 yrs post op, it varies. At the same time whats ypur behavior like? Is there any cheating at all? Also not asking to judge at all, just comparing. I cheated some after my first month went awesome and above expectations. It wasnt hunger related and had to do with being tired of the same texture. Whats your Protein and Water intake like?