Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 12 Coming Up Quick

I have been looking on the forums for a while and decided to join.

I am scheduled for 12/12. Nervous and excited. My 2 week pre diet starts this coming Tuesday.

My wife had the surgery (same Dr and Hospital) last December and her surgery is 1 day to the year off mine. She has lost 85 pounds and currently maintaining/plateau.

How is the 2 week going? I start a 2 week liquid diet on Monday and I'm nervous as hell! My surgery is dec 18

You're one day after me. I'm on 12/11 and just started the 2 week liquid diet this week. Good to see another guy in the December crowd.

Hello.

I am new to the site. Just started the Pre-Op diet today, 3 shakes down, 1 to go. Scheduled for Dec 14th at 10am.

Took a whole year to get here. PITB insurance issues.

MichaelB

So far so good with pre op diet. Harder to follow than I thought. Breakfast 2oz Protein, lunch 2oz protein, dinner 3oz protein and some veggies and some starches. Other than that sugar free Jello, sugar free drinks, lettuce/salad stuff and dill pickles.

Trying to stay on track. Good luck to all. Keep us informed.

Hello!! I am scheduled for vsg on 12/13. I'm on day 3 of my liquid presurgical diet. So far I'm not having a very hard time, not fun, not awful. I read a lot about a 'brain fog' people get. I was very nervous about this because I am in school and finals are approaching. Anyone know when this fog starts? If I'm feeling okay now then may I just be lucky?? I'm hoping I'm just a lucky one. I need my brain tip top for finals.

Sent from my SM-G930P using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm in the same boat that the pre op diet hasnt been too bad, but not the best either. I'm worried about going through my first weekend on it. I find it's easier to stay on plan during the week where I'm busy and time structured at work. Weekend is going to be tougher I fear.

I'm in the same boat that the pre op diet hasnt been too bad, but not the best either. I'm worried about going through my first weekend on it. I find it's easier to stay on plan during the week where I'm busy and time structured at work. Weekend is going to be tougher I fear.

How have you been doing with pre-op? It’s getting a little boring and hard to stay focused when all the commercials on tv are all about holiday food. Then everyone is bringing things into work for the holiday. I start my three day liquid on Saturday.

The last couple days have been harder. I am now on y 7th day. Lost 8 pounds. Not hungry, but I want to eat. Old habit. It is boring. I am using different spices and flavorings in the shakes to counteract that. Cookies, cakes, xmas food coming up are rough, but manageable. I hope to eat a small bit on Xmas. Doc says I should be able to eat the mashed potatoes and other soft foods.

It is harder at work. I need to manage my time and drinks better. More Water. Sitting all day at a desk is hard and I want to eat.

the weekend was not bad. This weekend we are visiting relatives where we usually eat and drink. It will be strange.

Keep in touch.

We can do it!

Mike

On 12/5/2017 at 8:44 PM, drvs said:

How have you been doing with pre-op? It’s getting a little boring and hard to stay focused when all the commercials on tv are all about holiday food. Then everyone is bringing things into work for the holiday. I start my three day liquid on Saturday.

Well, I've stayed on track. I'm realizing just how much of advertising/marketing is around food. Seriously like every other TV commercial!

Oddly, I haven't been hungry like I though I would. More so just cravings of specific things I know I won't be able to eat until quite some time post op.

I'm only down 4lbs after 9 days of this. I had expected more given that in only taking in ~600 calories per day.

@drvs, that is awesome that your wife has done so well. I'm sure you will, too! Are you excited and nervous for your surgery? Mine is December 11th, and I find that the closer I get, the more my excitement is replaced with nervousness. How was her recovery?

[mention=330270]drvs[/mention], that is awesome that your wife has done so well. I'm sure you will, too! Are you excited and nervous for your surgery? Mine is December 11th, and I find that the closer I get, the more my excitement is replaced with nervousness. How was her recovery?

I’m a bit of both; excited and nervous. Nothing like waiting for the last minute for my @s$&g! Insurance to wait for today to approve me. My wife’s recovery was a little more involved because they fixed a massive hernia while they were sleeving her. She said the pain from the hernia hurt much worse than the incisions from the sleeve. She has done well; 85# down but at a plateau currently. She can eat just about everything but carbs (pasta, bread, etc) she has issues with.

It’s been a little easier for me because I know what she went through and know what to expect.

Good luck with your surgery and healthy/speedy recovery.