Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1 hour ago, celticNgel said:

Help me guys! I am due for my surgery next Tuesday the 16th, but I have blown my pre-op diet three different times. I think it’s because I have not gotten approval yet from my health insurance company, I just don’t think it’s real! I know I should just do what they say, beyond liquids for two weeks just in case, but I’m having a really hard time! Help me out give a girl a hand and prayer and any advice you have!

Hi there. I start preop diet tomorrow.

Does your doc have you on only liquids for two weeks pre-op? Mine is two Bariatric Advantage Protein Shakes per day - Breakfast and lunch - and then a sensible dinner.

One of the main reasons they do this pre-op diet is to shrink your liver.

Many of us have fatty liver disease which in and of itself is a chronic liver disease - https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/nonalcoholic-fatty-liver-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20354567

As you can see if you read the link from the mayo clinic above it happens a lot to obese people. It is not something you want to have anyway so go with that. Don't let the insurance issue direct your behavior. You know that it will be good for you no matter what.

Also, I wonder if they would let you get this far if they didn't have a good idea about the insurance outcome - just a thought. I'm no expert.

Lastly, when we start to lose fat the first place it comes off is your liver. If you are having a abdominal surgery - especially laproscopic - docs want the fatty liver to shrink so they can see better and have more room for surgery.

Either way you are improving your heath. I guess that is what I would hold on to. God bless.

Lindsay_Says, I stayed one night. Everything went well so the one night was good for me.

33 minutes ago, Lindsay_Sayz said:

So I go in for surgery on the 10th. My insurance company approved me for on day inpatient stay and said this is the average stay for gastric bypass. How long were you in the hospital?

I was in for one night too, but I had sleeve. My surgeon requires two nights for bypass. I would ask your surgeon. Good luck, you are on your way.

I was in for one night too, but I had sleeve. My surgeon requires two nights for bypass. I would ask your surgeon. Good luck, you are on your way.

Thanks! They told me two nights typically, and the insurance company said the doctor just needs to send over paperwork as to why a second night is required.

Oh yes I had the sleeve as well. Might be different for bypass. Everything will be great!!

insurance is so crazy these days!!! Its surgery two nights may very well be needed!

I'm gearing up for my surgery on the 1-22-18. Just started the pre-op diet today.

Thanks! They told me two nights typically, and the insurance company said the doctor just needs to send over paperwork as to why a second night is required.

Thank you, everyone, for the replies! I'm beyond nervous and its two days away! [emoji854]

I was jumping out of my skin prior to my surgery. Not to mention it was pushed back a week because I wasn't feeling well. Surgery is never fun but after the first few days it keeps getting better!! All the best!! You'll do great!!!

17 hours ago, Lindsay_Sayz said:

So I go in for surgery on the 10th. My insurance company approved me for on day inpatient stay and said this is the average stay for gastric bypass. How long were you in the hospital?

I've been told I'll have a two night stay after mine x

What is the app for drinking Water and Protein Shakes? I need to download surgery in two days!!!

On 1/8/2018 at 3:45 PM, celticNgel said:

Help me guys! I am due for my surgery next Tuesday the 16th, but I have blown my pre-op diet three different times. I think it’s because I have not gotten approval yet from my health insurance company, I just don’t think it’s real! I know I should just do what they say, beyond liquids for two weeks just in case, but I’m having a really hard time! Help me out give a girl a hand and prayer and any advice you have!

Try these they are very good & come in different flavors.

361E978D-B793-469C-B0B4-20DDAE6AA4E0.jpeg

I'm just at the end of my pre diet. For two weeks my daily food was: breakfast - Protein Shake, snack - 125g diet yogurt or 150g sugar free jelly, lunch - 150g Protein (baked or grilled if cooking) and 150g veg/salad (no high sugar ones like corn), snack - 125g diet yogurt or 150g sugar free jelly, dinner - 150g protein and 150g veg/salad and then a snack again. I put alarms on my phone to tell me when to eat and I cleared my house out of everything I couldn't have. I also kept busy with work. I'm on a two day liquid diet now before surgery Friday. I know I'm only telling you what I've done but hope the structure might help you! I know you don't have the 100% go ahead yet but try it out and be prepared for when you get it. The first few days are tough but you get in to the swing and look at what the end result will be. What helps me is knowing there's a time limit. I don't think about after surgery, that's a different phase. Just go he'll for leather for these last few days. You can do it!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) using BariatricPal mobile app

I have Baritastic. I haven’t used it yet but it has options to set reminders.

Ok I will check it out thank you !!! Nervous!!!