Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been MIA for a bit but I am LOVING reading everyone's updates and progress!!! :)

I'm 6.5 lbs away from the lowest weight I've ever been as an adult. I think being under 220 is going to make me cry... probably not as much as seeing 199 will, but I'm so excited for these milestones I never imagined possible!

Checking in! Down 86 lbs as of today which is 6 months post op!

Averaging about 1 1/2 lbs a week

On vacation with mine and my sisters families at the beach, this has definitely been the most challenging week so far since the operation. I believe that I have done very well so far. We went to an ice cream shop the other night and I broke down and had a kiddie sized 🍦. It was kinda disappointing, it didn’t taste the same it was way to sweet. Yesterday I took everybody to Krispy Kreme and watched as everybody enjoy their 🍩 and I sat back and enjoyed a piping hot cup of Decaf ☕️ . I find that the further I go on my journey, when we go out and I see/smell things that I use to go bonkers for, the cravings aren’t there anymore.

On vacation with mine and my sisters families at the beach, this has definitely been the most challenging week so far since the operation. I believe that I have done very well so far. We went to an ice cream shop the other night and I broke down and had a kiddie sized [emoji509]. It was kinda disappointing, it didn’t taste the same it was way to sweet. Yesterday I took everybody to Krispy Kreme and watched as everybody enjoy their [emoji507] and I sat back and enjoyed a piping hot cup of Decaf [emoji477]️ . I find that the further I go on my journey, when we go out and I see/smell things that I use to go bonkers for, the cravings aren’t there anymore.

I hear you on the challenges of being on vacation. Wrapping up a trip to San Francisco and Los Angeles, where we made multiple stops at Randy’s donuts and Ghirardelli. That is torture. I did take a bite of an unglazed, plain donut, and yesterday I broke down, having a taste of my kids sundae. Both were amazing, as good as remembered. But, felt good afterwards when I realize that had I not had surgery, I would have had multiple donuts, and multiple visits to the ice cream shop during this trip. More weight, more money spent. As for food, I was pretty much able to enjoy the food I would normally eat, just in way smaller portions. I had my first piece of steak since my surgery two days ago, and I was happy that all went well, no issues with it. Hope everyone is having a successful journey.

Alex

It’s that day of the week again.

Sw: 369
TW: 261.5

Hope everyone had a great week!

SW: 291
CW: 224

Happy with my weight loss, back in the hospital now after having surgery yesterday to correct an incisional hernia I developed following my surgery. Hopefully my last hospital visit for a while.

Happy Wednesday.

Well done losers!

I'm at 172 this week! Need to get into the 160s by next Friday (6month appt with my surgeon)! x

Well vacation went as expected. I ate more than normal and didn’t get my exercise in as normal. My weight has stalled and I am still the same as before vacation 😐. At least I didn’t gain I recon.

hw 370

sw 340

cw 251

Ughhh.... scale hasn't budged in over a week. Trying to be patient and trust the process, but I am SOOOO close to "new territory" weight-wise as an adult. It's like my body is playing some head game! I've not been under 220 since Junior High! C'monnnnn body, lets goooo!

Being real though, I know I haven't been drinking enough Water every day so I could be doing a better job on my end. I think my nutrition is mostly on point, I consistently meet my Protein goals... so I'm hoping consistently upping my fluids to at least the 64oz mark every day will help me break through and continue losing. I only lost 10lbs last month, so I'd love to see at least another 10 this month before my 6 month follow up on August 1.

How are all my other January surgery buddies doing?

6 minutes ago, yes_anastasia said:

Ughhh.... scale hasn't budged in over a week. Trying to be patient and trust the process, but I am SOOOO close to "new territory" weight-wise as an adult. It's like my body is playing some head game! I've not been under 220 since Junior High! C'monnnnn body, lets goooo!

Being real though, I know I haven't been drinking enough Water every day so I could be doing a better job on my end. I think my nutrition is mostly on point, I consistently meet my Protein goals... so I'm hoping consistently upping my fluids to at least the 64oz mark every day will help me break through and continue losing. I only lost 10lbs last month, so I'd love to see at least another 10 this month before my 6 month follow up on August 1.

How are all my other January surgery buddies doing?

You’ll get there soon enough. The more you stress the longer it will feel like you’re not going anywhere. I’ve found that when I don’t consume enough Water my weight starts fluctuating drasticly.

My loss has slowed too, but still staying positive and moveing forward. I’m down to 2-3lbs a week, but like you I to can do better with my part. This week I got into the 250’s and I can’t tell you the last time that’s happened. So even though it’s going slow the lb’s are still coming off.

@yes_anastasia Are you walking and or exercising? I found that when I increased my activity level I naturally increased my Water intake. When I officially started going to the gym I stalled for almost 3 weeks, that was extremely frustrating. Then when I started incorporating heavier weights I began seeing extreme slow downs. I realized I was trading fat for muscle but it was still difficult for me to accept this mentally. We will all see stalls, gains and other mental roadblocks along the way. I know you will push through this and will see much more progress in the future!

Hey folks, it's Wednesday weigh in time..... and I dunno what I weigh as I haven't found my scales yet after a rather eventful house move! Keep up all the hard work folks! Everyone gets stalls now and then - they're super frustrating but they will pass xx

@MsTipps did you move across the pond to the States?