Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are everyone's goals milestones and celebrations.

In the beginning I didn't really have any particular goals as I wasn't really sure what to expect. As I have gone along I have celebrated little milestones as they come up. For Eg I was able to buy underwear from a regular store instead of paying a fortune online. I went to a friends house where I previously struggled with her toilet but this time I fit easily. Fit in chairs at venues. While shopping I can stand a bit longer walk a bit further. Lots of little things along the way not just the scales. My story so far RNY Aug 10th 17 HW 407lbs Pre surgery weight 367lbs CW 257lbs so a loss of 110lbs in 15 weeks. I'm really happy with that! My current mini goal is to be 220lbs by Christmas maybe a bit ambitious lol What are everyone else's goals? What have you celebrated?
Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your mini goals and milestones. Love that you're thinking in NSVs as well as SVs.

I don't personally set time frames for reaching goals because by now, I know that it's gonna take as long as it takes. :D

I'm very driven by SVs and MVs (measurment victories). I set very small mini goals: 10lbs (every new decade) and every 1 inch for the tape measure. I only measure waist and hips.

I do get continually surprised by NSVs, but I don't use those as goals. They are just analogues to the weight and measuring tape victories. I do Celebrate them when I notice them. They're like little surprise gifts. Things like, fitting into something in my closet that was previously too small. Fitting into a chair without squeezing. Sitting in the Breakfast table chair without it gouging a bruise on my hips. Sitting in the doctor's waiting room with room on either side of my chair. Not needing a seatbelt extender. Having lots of space between my thighs/tummy and the steering wheel. Being able to push my hips up and shift positions on the exam table or MRI/CT machine beds. Being able to exercise and build core muscle strength without being super short of breath. Being able to stand longer before lymphedema swelling and pain kicks me in the ass.

I look forward to getting into the next decade (220s) and losing the next inch off my waist and booty. :D It's the law of small numbers. Small goals, small disappointments or reasonable excitement.

Edited by FluffyChix

I agree small goals are the best goals. I know I said I want to be 220 by Christmas but that's just what I would like! I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't as long as I'm still losing. I think it's important to Celebrate small milestones especially when you are having a stall or feeling a bit low

One thing that struck me yesterday as I was out running errands... I am going to Celebrate the day that I don't look at a parking spot and say to myself "Well, I can get the car in there, but I won't be able to get out of the car". It's something completely random, but I want that day! I'll know I've made progress.

Congratulations! I think it’s great to set goals because it gives us something to work towards & it feels so great to achieve those goals.

I’m almost 10 months post-op. My original goal for a healthy BMI was 140. Now I’m 10 lbs below that & have 10 more left to lose. I haven’t exactly celebrated yet but I dream of one day going to the beach and not be ashamed to wear a bikini/swimsuit. I’m hoping to reach my new goal by New Year’s Day.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 130 lbs, 10 lbs away from new goal.
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

Congratulations! I think it’s great to set goals because it gives us something to work towards & it feels so great to achieve those goals.

I’m almost 10 months post-op. My original goal for a healthy BMI was 140. Now I’m 10 lbs below that & have 10 more left to lose. I haven’t exactly celebrated yet but I dream of one day going to the beach and not be ashamed to wear a bikini/swimsuit. I’m hoping to reach my new goal by New Year’s Day.

Height: 5'0"
Weight for WLS consultation: 216 lbs.
Surgery date: 2/13/17
Goal: -71 lbs for healthy BMI (about 145 lbs).
Current weight: 130 lbs, 10 lbs away from new goal.
My profile picture is not me. It's my "FITspiration" body.

Wow that's a great result so far congratulations. Good luck with your New Years goal. Mine right now is to be 100kg by Christmas but it's a big ask I'm sitting at 114kg so maybe by New Year [emoji3]