Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thanksgiving was tough..wowsers! (Liquid Diet)

I cooked the whole dinner, I entertained, I got it all put away and the dishes are done. Whew!

I'll confess outright...I nibbled a very very small amount of turkey. (probably less than half an ounce...just one little chunk)

But other than that, I was a good doobie and stayed on my liquid diet. It was hell...but the day is winding down and it looks like I made it. Good grief!

The smell of baking rolls and the pies....nearly did me in. But I resisted.

11 more days of this till surgery.

One day at a time. That's about all I can handle.

I know people do this...and they all seem to kinda act like it was no big deal. I am REALLY not enjoying this.

I know after the surgery, it's going to be more of the same for a while.....but at least there will be a light at the end of the tunnel and hopefully less hunger.

Right now...the diet I've been on for six months...seems decadent and indulgent.

I don't mind veggies and lean Proteins and low glycemic carbs.....I just want to eat something that casts a shadow again someday:(

Kinda crying in my broth tonight. Feel overwhelmed....but I made it through. Proud of that.

Here's my question: I'm on day 3. Does this get easier?

Edited by Creekimp13

Wow. That is strength! Good for you! If you could make it through today, you can make it through the next several!

Glad you made it through! I didnt have to do liquid diet so I can't make any comment on that.

You're stronger than I would have been. You got this. Does it get easier than Thanksgiving? Yes! Congratulations on making it through!

Thanks folks:) Today was better. One cool perk about all that Thanksgiving food...is that I'm not concerned about my family having stuff to eat with me being on liquid. They can snack on leftovers and I don't have to be involved...which is wonderful. I get a little sniff of potatoes and gravy from the microwave here and there....but it beats having the house smell like someone's cooking. I get a couple days reprieve:)

I think my liver must be getting a clue about this glucogenesis thing....I felt less light headed today, less nutty, brain is working a little better.

Don't get me wrong...I'm still taking my 100 calories worth of cream of wheat into a dark corner daily and hissing "My Precious!"....but I feel a little stronger, and like I'm gonna survive this war. LOL. Sense of humor returning....still tough...but getting very excited for surgery. Bring it on!

Edited by Creekimp13

I am on day 12 of my 4 week liquid diet. I will say that it will get easier. Of course I still want to gorge and eat whatever but it gets easier to turn food down. Just remember what you get in the end and it makes it worth it!!!

Don't get me wrong...I'm still taking my 100 calories worth of cream of wheat into a dark corner daily and hissing "My Precious!"

Hysterical!!! [emoji4] thanks for the chuckle.