Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My gastric sleeve story! Surgery on 12/5/17

Ooookkkk update! Tried egg today (according to my surgeons office I am in purés and scrambled egg and cottage cheese don’t need to be puréed) well it didn’t go down that well. I feel a little nauseous and a bit of stomach pain. Will try it later on but for now I’m going to avoid it

Ooookkkk update! Tried egg today (according to my surgeons office I am in purés and scrambled egg and cottage cheese don’t need to be puréed) well it didn’t go down that well. I feel a little nauseous and a bit of stomach pain. Will try it later on but for now I’m going to avoid it

I wasn’t permitted to try purée until 3 weeks out. Your surgeon is allowing it in week 1?
Seems kind of rushed, but I am not a doctor.

I wasn’t permitted to try purée until 3 weeks out. Your surgeon is allowing it in week 1?
Seems kind of rushed, but I am not a doctor.

Yeah I thought so too but he is a wonderful doctor and the office staff is great and knowledgeable. I know every doctor is different so I’m going to try and see how it goes with this diet.

Hi my name is Vanessa and I started a youtube channel about my gastric sleeve surgery go and follow me I will be posting videos thank you do much...

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Updateeeee. Os so today no eggs lol. I had 1 Premier Protein shake and my other 2 meals were a liquid beef purée more like a Soup as it was in the liquid side more than pure. The food went down ok, I won’t say great because I had a feeling like I was too full and it hurt. The first meal I ate around 4oz and for the second one I am trying (eating right now) 2 oz see if maybe that way it doesn’t bother me. Maybe I was. eating too much.

Pain is there, almost the same but I was able to tell it hurt a little less to get up and down now. Something that did change is my incisions, some of them started hurting/burning a little today. Idk if taking a shower everyday is taking the glue off them so they are more tender or what’s going on, with the thick layer of glue on them I don’t even feel them but the ones bothering me seem to have less glue.

Here is a picture of my miniature plate of where I eat my 2 oz soup

IMG_1357.JPG

Small mini update. I told you I was eating the 2 oz meal. That settle better in my belly I had a little bit of pain and there is ALWAYS Gad when I eat or drink anything even Water but I didn’t feel uncomfortably full like my belly was going to explode. I feel satisfied but can’t really say I feel full I no longer know what full or hungry feel like I guess I feel filled but not full like before. It used to be a feeling in all of your stomach area is not anymore (understandingly) it centers in the middle and a little towards the left but not much.

Two things I had not updated and I am sorry if is tmi. I got my period two day ago, let me mention I had not gotten it in about 3 months and also that I had an iud implantes Friday before surgery so idk if it has more to do with that than my vsg. Also I have not been able to go number two since day before surgery let’s see how that goes when the time comes.

Try to lay side ways a bit with legs bended i did that 3rd day on recliner and with in 20 mins i poop!! Gas is the worse im 5 days in i had mine done dec 4th

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

Try to lay side ways a bit with legs bended i did that 3rd day on recliner and with in 20 mins i poop!! Gas is the worse im 5 days in i had mine done dec 4th

Sent from my LGLS676 using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m going to try that thank you!

Okkkk update. I went number two yayyyy it was not really bothering me not going I was just concerned, (sorry if this is tmi but i want to write everything in case it might help others) I went very little and it was kind of soft in consistency. Oooook let’s talk about something else. food I have been eating the same meaty soup/purée for the past couple of days it has been good on my tummy and is delish. I I’m eating the same thing few days at a time so that when something doesn’t go down well I know exactly what it was. Ok other things that have been happening, my incisions have started feeling a bit tender like a little bit of pain and burning I think it was due to rubbing against clothing so I covered them and it has helped. Also yesterday and today I have felt week and a bit trembly for the first time. Yesterday was just for a few minutes today I feel week in general, idk maybe my body is complaining about not eating enough. The pain in the inside has diminished quite a bit is way way lower I can get up and down with very little pain, sometimes it is a bit stronger than others but nothing compared to how it was before. Overall I’m happy, I look skinnier and that always makes me feel good lol. The premiere Protein Shakes taste awesome the only thing is they leave a light after taste that is not very pleasant, idk if is just me or for everyone but it happens to me every time.

Well that is it I think if anyone has any questions I’ll be glad to answer anything

Hi Dianmi,

I'm having surgery on the 14th and still on the liquid diet and I've been experiencing the same thing, I took 2 Dulcolax yesterday but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe this is tmi but I can go but it's very hard and very little and I fee like there's more, today I bought some Miralax hopefully that will help.

Hi Dianmi,
I'm having surgery on the 14th and still on the liquid diet and I've been experiencing the same thing, I took 2 Dulcolax yesterday but it didn't do anything for me. Maybe this is tmi but I can go but it's very hard and very little and I fee like there's more, today I bought some Miralax hopefully that will help.

Hi. Well tmi here but I went today again and it was hard but not little. The Fiber really helps I take benefiber and it works for me.

Update! Ok so I feel almost normal. The pain is very little almost none existent. As I mention before I was able to go number 2 again. food wise I ate cottage cheese today and it was really good! I ate it really slow and in two sittings I felt I had eaten enough so I put it away for like 5-10mins and then finished it. I had no problems with it. Also I am able to put regular pants now, not jeans but like thick leggings and stuff and I used a Shapewear top that is not too tight. I find that when I am standing up and my belly is hanging that makes my incisions hurt on the left, so if I support the weight of my belly with my hand or something it doesn’t hurt. Sooooo I decided to use my control top today and it didn’t hurt and keeping everything supported and tight actually feels good. The premiere Proteins I was drinking ate not settling nicely on my little pouch anymore so I have stopped drinking them and will try again later. Today is my first week after surgery and my numbers are as follow

HW: 234
SW: 212
CW: 205