Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My gastric sleeve story! Surgery on 12/5/17

Hi everyone. I wanted to share with you guys every step of the way in my journey.

My pre op diet started yesterday and I am happy to say the first day was great. I did not struggle much, when I was cooking for my kids my mouth did Water a little but it wasn’t too bad.

My numbers so far

HW: 234

CW: 232.5

GW: 140

Hi guys updating on my journey my surgery is in 8 days!!! My pre op hasn’t been that bad, for thanksgiving it was! I ate a bit more that I should have but I am back on track giving it my best. I am trying to avoid food because I feel like pinching little pieces so I try to avoid when I can.

HW: 234
CW: 221.6
GW: 140

Hi Dianmi,
My sutgery is on Dec 5th too! Original date was Nov 7th but had to re-schedule. I'm so ready for this! Congrats on your surgery and we can do this!!

Mary

Hi Dianmi,
My sutgery is on Dec 5th too! Original date was Nov 7th but had to re-schedule. I'm so ready for this! Congrats on your surgery and we can do this!!

Mary

Hi Mary I am sooooo exited! Only 5 more days and then is surgery time!!! How are you doing with your pre op diet? It gets difficult sometimes!

I'm on December 5th, too:) Pre-op diet is ROUGH...but I'm making in. Wishing everyone a safe procedure and a good outcome!

Heloooo everyone today is the Day!!! I am supper exited my pre op diet was great I lost 19 lbs! I am very happy it was hard but worth it. I am ready at home just waiting for my husband to take a shower and get ready. We are leaving for the hospital around 5:30-5:45. They want me there at 6:30 and is 30mins away, I want to be a little early in case anything delays us. I will keep you all updated on how I am feeling. Good luck to all of you getting surgery today!!!

I'm on December 5th, too:) Pre-op diet is ROUGH...but I'm making in. Wishing everyone a safe procedure and a good outcome!

Good luck today!

Ok soooooooo I am sleeved! The surgery was a success, I had a hernia repair also. I am doing good. The pain is there it gets better jute strong with certain movements but laying down is almost none existing. I have some nausea especially when I move or if I sip Water and I have not been able to pee but will try again later. The hospital and staff are wonderful. I couldn’t be happier with my choice of surgeon and setting

Hello everyone. Update! I am home the pain is better I never thought I would be so happy to pass gas! After my first meal my bowels started “waking up” and I generated a lot of gas that I couldn’t pass, this made me get bloated and was pushing against my incisions and inner wound and hurt a lot but once I was able to pass gas it was a relief. I’m keeping my liquids down ok and my nausea is very minimal. I was able to get up and go to the bathroom, even take a shower all by myself today

My surgery is December 14, I have been on the pre-op diet for 9 days. The first week I was told I could eat a salad for lunch without meat, drink plenty of Water (I'm using Crystal Lite lemonade, I love it), low sodium chicken broth, J-ello and 2 Protein Shakes. Now I'm just on liquids and I don't find it hard at all. On Sunday I went out for dinner with my husband and ordered a salad with grilled chicken, so I guess I kinda cheated that day but that was it. Today I called my insurance company and I was told that I got approved. I'm so excited.

Height: 5'1

Starting weight: 213.9 lbs

Current weight: 203.2 lbs

Goal weight: 130 lbs

Edited by Mom of 2 girls
Add information

My surgery is December 14, I have been on the pre-op diet for 9 days. The first week I was told I could eat a salad for lunch without meat, drink plenty of Water (I'm using Crystal Lite lemonade, I love it), low sodium chicken broth, J-ello and 2 Protein Shakes. Now I'm just on liquids and I don't find it hard at all. On Sunday I went out for dinner with my husband and ordered a salad with grilled chicken, so I guess I kinda cheated that day but that was it. Today I called my insurance company and I was told that I got approved. I'm so excited.
Height: 5'1
Starting weight: 213.9 lbs
Current weight: 203.2 lbs
Goal weight: 130 lbs

Congrats on the approval! It is quite a journey but I know it will all be worth it.

Ooookkkk update! Tried egg today (according to my surgeons office I am in purés and scrambled egg and cottage cheese don’t need to be puréed) well it didn’t go down that well. I feel a little nauseous and a bit of stomach pain. Will try it later on but for now I’m going to avoid it