Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m on the other side now

My RNY surgery was yesterday around. 10 am EST. So far I’m doing pretty well. I have had little to no nausea, and I am doing fine keeping liquids down. I had a hard time coming out on anesthesia and my blood pressure dropped pretty low, but everything is back to normal now. My incisions are by far the most painful part, and getting in and out of bed is really not fun. I’ll be more glad I did this in a few weeks when I’m not as exhausted and in pain.

Awesome! Glad everything is doing well now. You'll be feeling great in just a few weeks!

Apparently there was a problem with my liver when they did surgery. It was very fatty still and bled more than it should have. They almost had to give me a blood infusion. So scary, I’m glad I didn’t know that until today. I must not be in too bad of shape though bc they sent me home this evening.

Wow! Scary. So glad they were able to get the surgery completed and you didn't need a transfusion!!! ((hugs))

Today I’m just very sore at my incision sites. I am envious of anyone who went through this with little to no pain. That hasn’t been my experience. I’m not having any problems with eating or drinking, though.

I had mine yesterday, had a little pain after I woke up and that’s it, don’t have any pain at all the only complaints I have a left shoulder pain hurts could be an air coughs up in my shoulder , been walking ever since I’m home already and feel great! Drinking liquids it’s ok but I really thought It would be really bad hearing a lot of people here I was a bit scared. Thank God I feel awesome!!

Congrats to all my Nov troopers ! We missing more who had it this month hope to hear from them soon.

“There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.” —Michael Phelps

Today was definitely better than yesterday, and I assume tomorrow will be better than today. The incision pain is th biggest problem I’ve had, I’m doing fine with eating and drinking and have had no nausea.