Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve regained ALL the weight back 😢♀️

This topic touched me so much and made me both angry and sad all in one...The issue touched home so much with the topic of addiction, that I decided to address it in one of my new videos. I honestly hope nothing I said in this video offends the original poster in any way, Im honestly trying to help by sharing my experiences and give some advice,My intent is not to scold you. Please if I can be of any assistance feel free to message me or contact me, we can get you back on track. PS I named it the "cheesburger fairy", for a joking spin on accountability...

Edited by JerseyJules

New member here, is this site always so dramatic?

No- it's not. Obesity help is much worse

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 173.6 GW 135

This topic touched me so much and made me both angry and sad all in one...The issue touched home so much with the topic of addiction, that I decided to address it in one of my new videos. I honestly hope nothing I said in this video offends the original poster in any way, Im honestly trying to help by sharing my experiences and give some advice,My intent is not to scold you. Please if I can be of any assistance feel free to message me or contact me, we can get you back on track. PS I named it the "cheesburger fairy", for a joking spin on accountability...

Great video! I have been stress eating the past couple of weeks because of family problems- watching your video woke me up! I ate about 10 Hershey cherry kisses last night and felt like crap. Thanks for your honest direct video. Today is our work Christmas celebration with a spread out all day to graze. So far I'm making better choices. Getting back on track before I put on an ounce!

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 173.6 GW 135

You haven’t experienced what the op has gone through. You haven’t experienced pregnancy post wls. You are still in early days and think it’s all smooth sailing. And it’s all about choices. I’m sorry to tell you, it isn’t that simple. In a few years things will likely be different for you too.
I hear a lot of fear in the tone of your posts and I understand it is scary that maybe what you are getting out of surgery right now won’t last, and you may regain. It’s terrifying. It terrified me and scares me still at times. But being crude and rude to people on here isn’t the answer. If you are having success, good for you. But it’s a good idea to listen with an open ear because some day you may be struggling too. Wls is not a permanent solution. The restriction most people get is temporary. Somenever get it at all.
No matter how much weight you have lost- it doesn’t give you the right to judge others. The op is on here asking for support not to be told she’s a failure by her own lack of willpower. I’m sure she is trying as hard as she can.
For some reason your statement “I’ve seen you around Bella bloom!!!!” Makes me chuckle. I’m like, the dark specter of bariatric pal... lurking...around...every....corner... with .... a smile.

:/ no one called her a failure? There was no judging.. Everyone gives advise differently...some sugar coat it...and some give a dose of tough love. Whenever anyone posts here for advise..they r going to get both soft and tough advise. Everyone here has there own struggle. And everyone here should be able to express there opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 12/8/2017 at 0:57 PM, JerseyJules said:

Wow, I wish we had more people respond to thread by youtube videos. Many of the typed responses get lost in translation. Interpreted as harsh and judgemental.

Also nice to see you live..lol

Keep inspiring!

Side note: I also crave Peanut Butter cups. I have these once in a great while. both cups 240 calories 20g Protein 10g carbs (4net carbs) 1g sugar

download.jpg

560447_464532710253442_1204513361_n-300x135.jpg

On 12/1/2017 at 1:01 PM, summerset said:

That's what your surgeon told you? Yeah, these evil bananas, apples, pears, oats and Beans make and keep people fat. Right. :rolleyes:

I absolutely hate it when people generalize these sort of things, especially when so called "pros" are doing it.

Me too!!!

I've been gone from this site for a year and I see nothing's changed. It's all just a huge drama fest. I'm not going to get into the argument, just give my 2 cents to address the issue of regain.

I'm 4 years postop and from personal experience, I can tell you restriction plays a very minor role in maintaining weight loss. The choices we make determine our level of success. If you make the same choices that got you fat in the first place, then you will become fat again. If you put the time and effort into getting help to address your inner demons and learn how to make different choices then you will have a successful outcome. Money spent on second and third surgeries is a complete waste and any surgeon performing them is completely unethical, IMO. The money is much better spent on a therapist to address the REAL reason behind your obesity. It has nothing to do with how much you can eat.

11 hours ago, jenn1 said:

Wow, I wish we had more people respond to thread by youtube videos. Many of the typed responses get lost in translation. Interpreted as harsh and judgemental.

Also nice to see you live..lol

Keep inspiring!

Side note: I also crave Peanut Butter cups. I have these once in a great while. both cups 240 calories 20g Protein 10g carbs (4net carbs) 1g sugar

download.jpg

560447_464532710253442_1204513361_n-300x135.jpg

If its so nice to see me live, subscribe to my channel and you'll see me live ever week or two!!!

I am 3 months out and this much I have learned;

gastric sleeve wont make you lose weight. you MUST be on a diet and exercise. This leads me to think- why didn't i just go on a diet and start exercising and save myself £8,000

I started off letting the sleeve guide me and only lost 2lbs in 8 weeks... bad decision

The i cut out all the 'panic protein' i thought I needed and that made a small difference.

Now I have come to terms that this sleeve is hardly even a tool, if anything it has just strong-armed me into sorting myself out and stock thinking some magic spell will transform my body without any real effort. Not to mention I told EVERYONE and now I look mighty silly if I don't start shrinking soon..

3 weeks ago i joined the gym and started strictly regulating my calorific intake and BOOM lost 10lbs.

Personally I need to forget I have this sleeve as it is me and me alone who can make this happen. yes the sleeve will prevent me from stuffing my face with large portions carbs and so putting on weight would slow up, but at 137kilo drastic action is needed.

Lesson learned- see ya later £8,000 it was nice knowing you! lol

Off to the gym now good luck everyone

Lynn

1 minute ago, bobblesloulou said:

I am 3 months out and this much I have learned;

gastric sleeve wont make you lose weight. you MUST be on a diet and exercise. This leads me to think- why didn't i just go on a diet and start exercising and save myself £8,000

I started off letting the sleeve guide me and only lost 2lbs in 8 weeks... bad decision

The i cut out all the 'panic protein' i thought I needed and that made a small difference.

Now I have come to terms that this sleeve is hardly even a tool, if anything it has just strong-armed me into sorting myself out and stock thinking some magic spell will transform my body without any real effort. Not to mention I told EVERYONE and now I look mighty silly if I don't start shrinking soon..

3 weeks ago i joined the gym and started strictly regulating my calorific intake and BOOM lost 10lbs.

Personally I need to forget I have this sleeve as it is me and me alone who can make this happen. yes the sleeve will prevent me from stuffing my face with large portions carbs and so putting on weight would slow up, but at 137kilo drastic action is needed.

Lesson learned- see ya later £8,000 it was nice knowing you! lol

Off to the gym now good luck everyone

Lynn

I'm sorry you are feeling buyers remorse with your surgery:

Congratulations on twelve pounds. I see that this is your first post in this forum.

I'm curious what your surgeon's office gave you for instructions after surgery? Did they inform you that working your surgery includes restricting your calories, eating healthy, and exercise? Did they explain hitting your Protein goal is to keep you healthy and not malnourished?

I'm not trying to discount what you are feeling right now. But, what you described is working your surgery as a tool.

You are correct, You have to work this program by eating restricted calories and exercising. The weight does not come off magically just because you have surgery. Fantastic you started at the gym

You can feel the restriction of your sleeve and can no longer eat large portions.

Anyone that say's surgery is the easy way out can bite me. All of us here have worked hard for this.

Wish you the best,

Jenn

:/ no one called her a failure? There was no judging.. Everyone gives advise differently...some sugar coat it...and some give a dose of tough love. Whenever anyone posts here for advise..they r going to get both soft and tough advise. Everyone here has there own struggle. And everyone here should be able to express there opinion.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Except for me, apparently. Lol.

Just cause I don’t spin the same worn out diet mentality line of “just eat less and you’ll weight less, it’s magic” doesn’t mean I’m sugar coating or wrong. There are many ways to lose and maintain weight that are different than the usual take of calories in calories out.

I don’t like “tough love”. It’s a sugar coated way of just being a narrow minded a*****e.

You want to take a population of people with eating disorders and super messed up behaviors around food and tell them all you need is more willpower and some “tough love” and you’ll lose and maintain your weight - YA RIGHT.

keep fooling yourself people.

Everyone on here can share their opinion. It doesn’t make them right. A lot of people on here are wrong. Just like I was wrong when i still thought weightloss was a matter of willpower. It isn’t. It simply is not.

So.

On 15.12.2017 at 5:17 AM, Kindle said:

Money spent on second and third surgeries is a complete waste and any surgeon performing them is completely unethical, IMO. The money is much better spent on a therapist to address the REAL reason behind your obesity. It has nothing to do with how much you can eat.

Overgeneralizing and judgmental. Some people need a second chance.

Nobody gives a flying f**k if a patient needs a second fundoplicatio because of heartburn or a second PTA because that stenosis needs a second dilatation but God forbid that someone needs a second WLS procedure.

6 hours ago, bellabloom said:

I don’t like “tough love”. It’s a sugar coated way of just being a narrow minded a*****e.

This. It's a way to put other people down to feel better and superior yourself.

You want to take a population of people with eating disorders and super messed up behaviors around food and tell them all you need is more willpower and some “tough love” and you’ll lose and maintain your weight - YA RIGHT.

It's the same "advice" people used to bawl about when they got it crammed down their throat by random people before they had surgery. I'll never get it into my head that this is really the top "advice" that is given to fellow WLS patients who're struggling.

It strikes me odd that when it comes to WLS the most judgmental group is the WLS patients themselves.

---

ETA: When I tell people that I have MGB done because of reflux and that I'm in the unfortunate group of 20% who got way better but aren't able to wean off the PPI I usually get an "Aw, this really sucks!"

I guess the reactions would be different if this was about lack of weight loss or weight regain.

Edited by summerset

The bottom line is that we are all obese for different reasons, be it medical, physical or emotional reasons. But once you identify the reason and deal with those demons it makes things a bit easier to deal with. The surgery is only a tool to deal with the issues that you need to address on your own first. No amount of surgery will make you want to exercise, eat right and be healthy , you have to want that on your own.

My wake up call was watching family members die at young ages due to health complications from being obese and I wanted to be around for my family. If that is not reason enough to want to be healthy and you still choose to not make the efforts to live healthy and longer, at least have the courtesy to get a large life insurance policy on yourself so that your family will be taken care of when you're gone...