Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’ve regained ALL the weight back 😢♀️

I need your experience people because my weight is spiraling out of control and I’ve loss all hope.

2014 I had the sleeve and was tipping the scales at 136kg

2015 I got down to 97kg and I FINALLY fell pregnant.

2016 I had my son and my weight got up to 118kg and then back down to 106kg through breastfeeding. Unfortunately my milk dried up and since then I’ve continued to eat like a pregnant or breastfeeding mum!

2017 My weight had crept back up to 133kg.

I can eat a fair bit, double cheeseburger, medium fries and some of a coke. I no longer feel that restriction I once had from the surgery. My stomach never rumbles so I’m hoping I haven’t stretched it, I eat because of head hunger.

Will a pouch reset shrink my stomach? And can you please recommend anything else? I’ve even tried hypnotherapy with no success.

Thanking you all.

Edited by wouldntmindasandwich

1 hour ago, wouldntmindasandwich said:

I need your experience people because my weight is spiraling out of control and I’ve loss all hope.

2014 I had the sleeve and was tipping the scales at 136kg

2015 I got down to 97kg and I FINALLY fell pregnant.

2016 I had my son and my weight got up to 118kg and then back down to 106kg through breastfeeding. Unfortunately my milk dried up and since then I’ve continued to eat like a pregnant or breastfeeding mum!

2017 My weight had crept back up to 133kg.

I can eat a fair bit, double cheeseburger, medium fries and some of a coke. I no longer feel that restriction I once had from the surgery. My stomach never rumbles so I’m hoping I haven’t stretched it, I eat because of head hunger.

Will a pouch reset shrink my stomach? And can you please recommend anything else? I’ve even tried hypnotherapy with no success.

Thanking you all.

I'm sorry you are feeling out of control with your weight.

Set up an appointment with your surgeons office. Get their opinion if you have stretched your stomach. They can help you get back on track. Another option to consider is counseling/therapy. It will help address your mindset with weight loss.

food choices and grazing will cause significant weight gain.

Grazing is the consistent, day-long consumption of low value food items, in other words: snacking. For example, mindlessly finishing your child’s Breakfast Cereal, stopping at mcdonalds, popping two donut holes into your mouth at the office, eating a Protein Bar mid-afternoon and a strawberry Greek yogurt with granola at night.

The best way to address grazing after bariatric surgery is to employ preventive measures prior to the onset. That said, many patients will not succeed preemptively and must therefore deal with the problem of grazing only after it presents.

Should you find yourself in the habit of grazing after bariatric surgery, the obvious resolution is to break the habit. This is no doubt easier said than done, but consider all that you have achieved to this point.

The first step is to ask for help. It is unlikely that you can resolve your maladaptive eating alone. So simply ask for the help. Use your support network and those professionals who are currently among your inner circle.

Begin to monitor yourself closely. Write down or log your food in MYFITNESSPAL all that you eat or drink for a period of three days or so, and then compare your notes with the nutrition plan from your bariatric surgeon’s office to note how much they do or do not correlate.

Learn the different types of hunger, specifically head, eating out of boredom and physical hunger.

In addition, cut out all junk food. Sit when you eat, and mindfully enjoy the meal. Eat meals that contain Protein and Fiber in the form of fresh and lightly cooked or raw fruits and vegetables because they make you feel full. Drink plenty of Water over the course of the day except at meal time.

WIshing you the best,

Jenn

1 hour ago, jenn1 said:

I'm sorry you are feeling out of control with your weight.

Set up an appointment with your surgeons office. Get their opinion if you have stretched your stomach. They can help you get back on track. Another option to consider is counseling/therapy. It will help address your mindset with weight loss.

food choices and grazing will cause significant weight gain.

Grazing is the consistent, day-long consumption of low value food items, in other words: snacking. For example, mindlessly finishing your child’s Breakfast Cereal, stopping at mcdonalds, popping two donut holes into your mouth at the office, eating a Protein Bar mid-afternoon and a strawberry Greek yogurt with granola at night.

The best way to address grazing after bariatric surgery is to employ preventive measures prior to the onset. That said, many patients will not succeed preemptively and must therefore deal with the problem of grazing only after it presents.

Should you find yourself in the habit of grazing after bariatric surgery, the obvious resolution is to break the habit. This is no doubt easier said than done, but consider all that you have achieved to this point.

The first step is to ask for help. It is unlikely that you can resolve your maladaptive eating alone. So simply ask for the help. Use your support network and those professionals who are currently among your inner circle.

Begin to monitor yourself closely. Write down or log your food in MYFITNESSPAL all that you eat or drink for a period of three days or so, and then compare your notes with the nutrition plan from your bariatric surgeon’s office to note how much they do or do not correlate.

Learn the different types of hunger, specifically head, eating out of boredom and physical hunger.

In addition, cut out all junk food. Sit when you eat, and mindfully enjoy the meal. Eat meals that contain Protein and Fiber in the form of fresh and lightly cooked or raw fruits and vegetables because they make you feel full. Drink plenty of Water over the course of the day except at meal time.

WIshing you the best,

Jenn

just curious whats wrong with eating a Protein bar mid afternoon if there is a long time between meals?

In the same boat, lost 100, up 30. My sleeve was 3 years ago. Have an appt with my surgeon tomorrow to get advice, maybe about revision.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using BariatricPal mobile app

21 minutes ago, lindabalseca said:

just curious whats wrong with eating a Protein Bar mid afternoon if there is a long time between meals?

Nothing is wrong with eating a Protein bar. The example above was grazing food all day. One healthy meal won't make up for the total daily calories.

9 hours ago, FLLyssa said:

In the same boat, lost 100, up 30. My sleeve was 3 years ago. Have an appt with my surgeon tomorrow to get advice, maybe about revision.

Why do you think you gained the weight? And why would you think a revision would be the answer? Sure, you may lose again with a revision, but it will come right back if you repeat the same behaviors that caused you to gain in the first place.

Just keeping it real.

On 11/20/2017 at 7:55 PM, FLLyssa said:

Aww are they revising your mind? Otherwise I can't see how that will help in the long run. What's stopping you from regaining after a revision.. your still the same person.. I'm confused.

I saw someone online who's had 4 wls surgery's and was seeing if there was anything else she could do as she couldn't control her eating so she wanted another surgery...just think If she used that money for counselling maybe two surgeries ago she would have been successful. So heavy on the surgery being the cure. Our minds are in control. We need to nurture it. Help it grow as we all make mistakes.dont run away from underlying issues. Face them.

37 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

Aww are they revising your mind? Otherwise I can't see how that will help in the long run.

Yowza! New local bariatric super hero sleeved roughly 4.5 months ago just around the corner! ROTFL.

56 minutes ago, summerset said:

Yowza! New local bariatric super hero sleeved roughly 4.5 months ago just around the corner! ROTFL.

Are they wrong though?

8 hours ago, summerset said:

I'm not a super hero. I'm trying to help her as I've seen people have a sleeve then another surgery when there is things that need to be resolved. Simple as that . I'm not local though but thanks.

7 hours ago, BarbieVSG14 said:

Are they wrong though?

Exactly. Lol your only allowed to have an opinion if you've been sleeveds 10 years. It's pathetic. No ones immune to having problems on this journey. And if a year out I gain the weight I'll take responsibility and face it. I'm not judging anyone . People make themselves feel better to make out like someone under a year can't be right but at the end of the day. It doesn't effect me if someone has 10 surgeries. I have no agenda she can go ahead. But if it was me I'd like a reality check.

8 hours ago, summerset said:

I'm down almost 60lbs so I'm happy. Be a hater if it makes you thrive :)