Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How to not be impatient

So I️ know during this journey otherwise being healthy, getting the weight off is important. I️ also know it’s very important to not compare yourself to other people because it can get discouraging. My question is how do I stop being impatient. I’m a impatient person in general but reading these stories and seeing people results in 6 months honestly have me worried. I️ would love to be 100 pounds down in 6 months but I️ just feel like that’s not gonna happen. So how do I️ just stay focused and let my body do the work?

Tiffani

So I️ know during this journey otherwise being healthy, getting the weight off is important. I️ also know it’s very important to not compare yourself to other people because it can get discouraging. My question is how do I stop being impatient. I’m a impatient person in general but reading these stories and seeing people results in 6 months honestly have me worried. I️ would love to be 100 pounds down in 6 months but I️ just feel like that’s not gonna happen. So how do I️ just stay focused and let my body do the work?
Tiffani[emoji1528][emoji757]️[emoji175]

Also i have a lot of “I️” these things it’s because my letter l is messed up.

Also i have a lot of “I️” these things it’s because my letter l is messed up.

I feel the same way.... I keep seeing all these people and their weight is just dropping off. I gained 2lbs the 3rd week... how is that possible I’m eating 3oz of Soup at a time?? But then I got that off in a few days and stayed off the scale for a week like everyone told me. And I lost 4 more. We just have to remember we didn’t gain it over night so it’s going to take a while to come off. And everyone is different. Some lose faster than others. I go for my 6 week post op on the 30th I’m going to try and not weigh myself until then..... we will see what happens. Good luck to you!!

I feel the same way. I don’t know how they are doing it. I try to get on the thread were they post their daily diets. When I read them I can’t believe it. Most are eating a lot of food. Ex: one person listed that the had 4oz salmon 2 oz potatoes and 2oz green beans...now that was only dinner. I believe most were getting in close to 1100 even a few are at 1300 calories. I just wonder are the rest of us getting enough food in. Also, I’m getting the A? thing too while texting. Think it’s a iPhone glitch

Are you getting enough Protein and fluids in a day? I noticed when I get the requirements in, along with at least 15-20 min of activity, I feel lighter the next morning. I was starting to get worried too, but then I went to my post-op appt. and saw I lost 7 lbs since my surgery.

Don't try to worry too much, stress won't help the weight fall off.

Protein, fluids and change in diet are big points for me. I try to keep my body shocked by changing my diet and exercise around a lot plus just keep hitting those protein and fluid goals.

This journey can be so frustrating. I've lost 113 pounds (83) since surgery but I'm still frustrated as I've been stalled for 2 months now. I hit 100 pounds down total around the 7 month mark but I've struggled since hitting that milestone. There will be ups and there will be downs but you have to just keep moving forward, try not to allow old habits to creep back in and know that every pound lost leaves your body a pound healthier.