Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! I ran out of Bariatric vits before I got a chance to order them. What would be a good substitute till they arrive?

I just use Centrum (or the generic equivalent)

I've heard that FLINTSTONE Vitamins are good, I tried them after I changed Bariatric DR.'s and that is what they told me. They are so nasty!!! I have always taken Celebrate capsules. No taste, just swallow and go. Centrum chewables are too sweet for me!!

My surgeon recommended Flintstones Complete. I take two a day. The Bariatric Vitamins didnt’t agree with me so I’ve been doing the Flintstones for three months and my test results have been great!

I take myKind Multivitamins, Vitamin D, and B-12. They are all organic, food-based so they absorb really well.

I use the Men’s gummi Multi Vitamins. And gummi Fiber ones Some of the others tasted horrendous

Centrum. Take 2 daily plus an extra 3 k units of D3. Do not take gummies if your less than 3 months post op. Dangerous. And do not take Flintstones Vitamins at all unless you are 5 years old.

1 hour ago, AZLoser said:

Centrum. Take 2 daily plus an extra 3 k units of D3. Do not take gummies if your less than 3 months post op. Dangerous. And do not take Flintstones Vitamins at all unless you are 5 years old.

I was told not to take gummies *at all*. As in ever...

7 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

I take Centrum. I was told no to Flinstones. As it doesn't have everything we need.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

I've heard the same. Not from my surgeon's office (it's one of the brands they recommended, in fact), but from *a lot* of people on internet forums (who probably heard from their surgeons that they weren't the best option....). I figured I'd play it safe and go with Centrum (which was also recommended by my surgeon, by the way)

It’s funny how all doctors are different. Mine told me to definitely stay away from gummies and use flintstones complete. Although, the complete does not have all the nutrients, that’s the purpose of taking 2 instead of one. That way you do have everything. Of course he said add in Biotin and Calcium too.

I was told that if I take Centrum - you need to take 5 spaced out during the day plus the calcium citrate in between the Centrum - because Iron interferes w Calcium absorption.

I take Centrum Silver. It doesn't have Iron in it, so it doesn't interfere with Calcium absorption. I take two a day.

I was told that if I take Centrum - you need to take 5 spaced out during the day plus the calcium citrate in between the Centrum - because Iron interferes w Calcium absorption.

Have you got a pic of which centrum you have to take 5 times as I know there are different types.

But yes I have my iron and calcium ceperate. Iron and multi separate.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app