Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tier 3 weight management physician clinic?

Hi I'm on my journey to try and have surgery; I've been referred by my GP, been to the seminar, had the appointment with the dietician and nurse around a physche assessment. I'm booked on the educational diet courses in the new year. My information has been passed to the MDT and that's gone ok. So I'm not sure what the appointment for the tier 3 weight management physician clinic is about? I'm at Sunderland hospital England, and I'm just not sure whether this is something to do with my type 1 diabetes or something else? Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Jacquie x

19 minutes ago, Jacquie605 said:

I'm at Sunderland hospital England, and I'm just not sure whether this is something to do with my type 1 diabetes or something else?

Seriously, you are at what is PROBABLY the best hospital it the world when it comes to weight loss surgery.

Sunderland Hospital (ENGLAND) is home to the doctors and staff of the world-famous documentary series "WEIGHT LOSS WARD".

It (the hospital) and they (the staff) are responsible for making it clear to the National Health Service that 8000 pounds spent on gastric sleeve surgery PER PATIENT is a smart solution ... because the 8000 pounds is way less than the ongoing medication for diabetes 2 and other interventions that will other wise consume the health budget.

I hope you get the great service and support ... you are in the best part of the world to get it.

What is this post above? REALLY!!! You've got to kidding!!

He sounds delightful, I'm not sure how he will enlarge my penis, not having one and all, didn't really answer my question but thanks for the comment (I think) hahaha

1 hour ago, shedo82773 said:

What is this post above? REALLY!!! You've got to kidding!!

It’s called forum SPAM! Please report if you ever see that again. Thanks

9 hours ago, Jacquie605 said:

With the things he was offering in his post my weight was going to be the least of my worries hahaha 😂😂😂

bahahahaha! Hilarious! Good times. :D :460_circus_tent::259_elephant::blink:

Seriously, you are at what is PROBABLY the best hospital it the world when it comes to weight loss surgery.
Sunderland Hospital (ENGLAND) is home to the doctors and staff of the world-famous documentary series "WEIGHT LOSS WARD".
It (the hospital) and they (the staff) are responsible for making it clear to the National Health Service that 8000 pounds spent on gastric sleeve surgery PER PATIENT is a smart solution ... because the 8000 pounds is way less than the ongoing medication for diabetes 2 and other interventions that will other wise consume the health budget.
I hope you get the great service and support ... you are in the best part of the world to get it.

It's more than 8000 pounds. I would know. I paid private for my surgery.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

( More than 8000 in 2017)

2 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

I think that they were quoting the basic cost to the NHS in the program ... NOT the private, bells-and-whistles price/cost.

The operation here in a public hospital is notionally $AUD12400 to the federal health budget. As a private patient, my gap fee was $AUD7800 on top of what the insurer paid the hospital, the two surgeons, the anaesthetist and the theatre nurses.

- - -

As for what they quoted on BBC Channel 4, I guess that the program being 4-5 years old would mean the cost was lower back then too. Time and wages and salaries change a lot over time. (Three years ago, my morning newspaper was $AUD1.50 and now it's $AUD3.00 ... and due to rise again at xmas time).