Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery date 11/27; Surgeon says if liver too fatty, they will do sleeve instead of bypass. Anyone encounter this before?

7 hours ago, em1 said:

Also, never realized how many stomach muscles we use to pee. Finding it hard to completely empty my bladder but if found out that if I pretend to sneeze and say acho, a little bit comes out each time.

Ahhhahaha!!!😂😂🤣 that’s too cute! Oh that gave me a giggle! I sneeze pee ALLLL THE TIME!!!! 🤣🤣 sorry it just hit me funny, but your right I didn’t realize how painful those things were ‘til my post op too!

Anyway, I’m so happy for you-CONGRATS on your surgery!!! I’m glad your not feeling pain! Yaay!!!! Many hugs to you dear friend!!💕 Jennifer

I was finally released from the hospital today, my blood pressure was high so I had to stay an extra day. Glad to be home but definitely have to watch my BP. Anyone have an elevated BP upon their release?

5 hours ago, em1 said:

I was finally released from the hospital today, my blood pressure was high so I had to stay an extra day. Glad to be home but definitely have to watch my BP. Anyone have an elevated BP upon their release?

Happy for your discharge but I’m sorry about your blood pressure.

Mine was normal, however I was there for 3 days since I just didn’t feel well for some reason, but really wanted to go home on day 3. Then the next day got a 102.6 fever on the 4th day. I called the surgeon and was instructed to immediately go to the ER. They did a series of tests including CT scan with contrast, an X-ray and blood cultures. They found that I had “ATELECTASIS” (a partially collapsed lung) & said it was common from being on the ventilator during anesthesia. The surgeon said it normally resolves on its own it to keep walking & using the incentive spirometer. The fever went away with extra strength Tylenol and never returned. I feel great at week 6 now too.

I hope your increased BP is just a sign of anxiety or pain and nothing else. I’ll be checking back here on your progress, but until then sleep a lot, walk, and check for a fever post op periodically!! Try to sip frequently too. Keep us all posted, we’re thinking of you! Hugs to you from all of us here dear friend!!🙏🏼💕Jennifer

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

My Bp is under control now, I really think the hospital stay and the gas build up was causing my elevated bp because once I started passing it and they released me, my bp was back to normal range and hasnt gone up. Also my blood sugar is under control so I’m excited that I’m seeing the changes already.

5 hours ago, em1 said:

My Bp is under control now, I really think the hospital stay and the gas build up was causing my elevated bp because once I started passing it and they released me, my bp was back to normal range and hasnt gone up. Also my blood sugar is under control so I’m excited that I’m seeing the changes already.

Yaay!! So happy to hear your bp has been normal. No complications after surgery then & you can take care of you!! 👏🏼👏🏼Great to hear, that’s a delicate time & your home now, awesome. Thanks for updating us too. sleep away & take care til your up to giving us another update😃 hugs! 💕Jennifer

Edited by RNY-Fall-2017

Glad to read you BP is normal again. Just be careful of standing up too quickly. I had some issues with postural drop meaning if I did stand to fast the BP dropped really low. I've had the meds reduced twice in four months which is great. I stopped diabetes meds the day before surgery and never needed them again. I hope e everything is going well Em 1

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app