Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help

I am on my puréed diet 3 weeks out been eating soft food and slowly cheating, I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track, also food I can have on the go, because I’m really a on the go person.

An insulated lunch box with a cold pack in it.. put yogurt and cottage cheese and Protein Shakes in it.

Thermos for hot soup...

tuna to go pouches. Keep spoons and Water, crystal light packets in the car.

STOP!

Okay, I said something. Really, most of us tend to push boundaries or maybe try new things before we probably should. It doesn't help knowing that everybody's plan is different. Although I followed my plan to a tee, it bothered me that others could eat things that I had to wait weeks to eat. I stuck to it though, because I didn't want something like a staple line leak to be something that I caused on my own.

If you are cheating, you need to remember why you started this journey. Instead of beating yourself down, learn from it, and implement a strategy to help yourself succeed. The examples that have been listed already are a good start. Make sure that you are planning in advance. That is very important. There is nothing worse than getting to work only to discover that you have nothing healthy to eat. When you see those donuts in the staff lounge, you will be super tempted to have one.

Plan your meals and Snacks in advance. Take them with you to work or to an event if you will be away for a long time. Keep the meals and snacks coming every 2-3 hours so that you don't get hungry.

Use today as a restart. You can do it.

9 hours ago, 102316 said:

I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track

Change your habits. This surgery is more than just eating less, it's about learning how to eat. "On the go" is just an excuse to eat convenient food. Plan ahead and prepare foods that can be eaten on the go. If you can't make a change in your lifestyle, you are going to have a struggle the rest of your life.

Second thing - no one can motivate you to succeed long term. That comes from personal dedication.

STOP!
Okay, I said something. Really, most of us tend to push boundaries or maybe try new things before we probably should. It doesn't help knowing that everybody's plan is different. Although I followed my plan to a tee, it bothered me that others could eat things that I had to wait weeks to eat. I stuck to it though, because I didn't want something like a staple line leak to be something that I caused on my own.
If you are cheating, you need to remember why you started this journey. Instead of beating yourself down, learn from it, and implement a strategy to help yourself succeed. The examples that have been listed already are a good start. Make sure that you are planning in advance. That is very important. There is nothing worse than getting to work only to discover that you have nothing healthy to eat. When you see those donuts in the staff lounge, you will be super tempted to have one.
Plan your meals and Snacks in advance. Take them with you to work or to an event if you will be away for a long time. Keep the meals and snacks coming every 2-3 hours so that you don't get hungry.
Use today as a restart. You can do it.

Thanks it was one of those bad nights for me, I had Water and yogurt this morning, I plan on going to the store and get more and apple sauce, I feel I am back on track today, prayed about it and I feel much better today.

1 minute ago, 102316 said:

Thanks it was one of those bad nights for me, I had Water and yogurt this morning, I plan on going to the store and get more and apple sauce, I feel I am back on track today, prayed about it and I feel much better today.

Unfortunately, bad nights happen. I try to follow up a bad night with at least 7-10 good nights (and days). That should keep the trajectory of your weight loss going downward. As to eating foods that may jeopardize your sleeve, please try to limit that. This is a very short transition in your overall journey. A few weeks of being strict with your eating can mean the difference between being hospitalized or not. It just isn't worth it. In a month or two, you will most probably be able to eat anything you want within moderation. Get the good habits started now, and treat those other things like a relative in another state...A treat once you finally see them, but not a part of your day to day life.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

9 hours ago, Berry78 said:

An insulated lunch box with a cold pack in it.. put yogurt and cottage cheese and Protein Shakes in it.

Thermos for hot soup...

Yep!!! This was and 13 months out is still my lifesaver.

23 hours ago, DropWt4Life said:

Get the good habits started now, and treat those other things like a relative in another state...A treat once you finally see them, but not a part of your day to day life.

Love This!! A unique way of looking at it, and sometimes people need a new way to visualize to help with motivation. Great advice!!

I am on my puréed diet 3 weeks out been eating soft food and slowly cheating, I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track, also food I can have on the go, because I’m really a on the go person.

Haven't read comments but what are you having to cheat. What stopped me from cheating is the fear of having a leak. You think what you ate went down fine but you have no idea if your causing damade till it's too late. Also what you can have depends from plan to plan so you should ask your team or check your paper work for what it says you can have on your next stage. It won't be long till you can eat normal food so hang in there.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app