Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need help

I am on my puréed diet 3 weeks out been eating soft food and slowly cheating, I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track, also food I can have on the go, because I’m really a on the go person.

An insulated lunch box with a cold pack in it.. put yogurt and cottage cheese and Protein Shakes in it.

Thermos for hot soup...

tuna to go pouches. Keep spoons and Water, crystal light packets in the car.

STOP!

Okay, I said something. Really, most of us tend to push boundaries or maybe try new things before we probably should. It doesn't help knowing that everybody's plan is different. Although I followed my plan to a tee, it bothered me that others could eat things that I had to wait weeks to eat. I stuck to it though, because I didn't want something like a staple line leak to be something that I caused on my own.

If you are cheating, you need to remember why you started this journey. Instead of beating yourself down, learn from it, and implement a strategy to help yourself succeed. The examples that have been listed already are a good start. Make sure that you are planning in advance. That is very important. There is nothing worse than getting to work only to discover that you have nothing healthy to eat. When you see those donuts in the staff lounge, you will be super tempted to have one.

Plan your meals and Snacks in advance. Take them with you to work or to an event if you will be away for a long time. Keep the meals and snacks coming every 2-3 hours so that you don't get hungry.

Use today as a restart. You can do it.

9 hours ago, 102316 said:

I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track

Change your habits. This surgery is more than just eating less, it's about learning how to eat. "On the go" is just an excuse to eat convenient food. Plan ahead and prepare foods that can be eaten on the go. If you can't make a change in your lifestyle, you are going to have a struggle the rest of your life.

Second thing - no one can motivate you to succeed long term. That comes from personal dedication.

STOP!
Okay, I said something. Really, most of us tend to push boundaries or maybe try new things before we probably should. It doesn't help knowing that everybody's plan is different. Although I followed my plan to a tee, it bothered me that others could eat things that I had to wait weeks to eat. I stuck to it though, because I didn't want something like a staple line leak to be something that I caused on my own.
If you are cheating, you need to remember why you started this journey. Instead of beating yourself down, learn from it, and implement a strategy to help yourself succeed. The examples that have been listed already are a good start. Make sure that you are planning in advance. That is very important. There is nothing worse than getting to work only to discover that you have nothing healthy to eat. When you see those donuts in the staff lounge, you will be super tempted to have one.
Plan your meals and Snacks in advance. Take them with you to work or to an event if you will be away for a long time. Keep the meals and snacks coming every 2-3 hours so that you don't get hungry.
Use today as a restart. You can do it.

Thanks it was one of those bad nights for me, I had Water and yogurt this morning, I plan on going to the store and get more and apple sauce, I feel I am back on track today, prayed about it and I feel much better today.

1 minute ago, 102316 said:

Thanks it was one of those bad nights for me, I had Water and yogurt this morning, I plan on going to the store and get more and apple sauce, I feel I am back on track today, prayed about it and I feel much better today.

Unfortunately, bad nights happen. I try to follow up a bad night with at least 7-10 good nights (and days). That should keep the trajectory of your weight loss going downward. As to eating foods that may jeopardize your sleeve, please try to limit that. This is a very short transition in your overall journey. A few weeks of being strict with your eating can mean the difference between being hospitalized or not. It just isn't worth it. In a month or two, you will most probably be able to eat anything you want within moderation. Get the good habits started now, and treat those other things like a relative in another state...A treat once you finally see them, but not a part of your day to day life.

I really do wish you the best of luck.

9 hours ago, Berry78 said:

An insulated lunch box with a cold pack in it.. put yogurt and cottage cheese and Protein Shakes in it.

Thermos for hot soup...

Yep!!! This was and 13 months out is still my lifesaver.

23 hours ago, DropWt4Life said:

Get the good habits started now, and treat those other things like a relative in another state...A treat once you finally see them, but not a part of your day to day life.

Love This!! A unique way of looking at it, and sometimes people need a new way to visualize to help with motivation. Great advice!!

I am on my puréed diet 3 weeks out been eating soft food and slowly cheating, I just need someone to say something to help me stay on track, also food I can have on the go, because I’m really a on the go person.

Haven't read comments but what are you having to cheat. What stopped me from cheating is the fear of having a leak. You think what you ate went down fine but you have no idea if your causing damade till it's too late. Also what you can have depends from plan to plan so you should ask your team or check your paper work for what it says you can have on your next stage. It won't be long till you can eat normal food so hang in there.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 3 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

3. NickelChip

I think it's important to remember that the weight charts and BMI ranges were developed a very long time ago and only intended to be applied to people who have never been overweight or obese. Those numbers aren't for us. When you are larger, especially for a long time, your body develops extra bone to support the weight. Your organs get a little bigger to handle the extra mass. Your entire infrastructure increases so you can support and function with the extra weight. That doesn't all go away just because you burn off the excess fat. If you still had a pair of jeans from your skinniest point in life and then lost weight to get to the exact number on the scale you were when those jeans fit you, chances are they would be a little baggy now because you would actually be thinner than you were, even though the scale and the BMI chart disagree. When in doubt, listen to the jeans, not the scale!

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches