Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have you tried the vitamin patches and if so what did you think? I'm pre-op and trying to get organized. I've been sampling Vitamins but to be honest, most are fruit flavored and I hate fruit! Why would you, or why would you not use them again?

I️ am sched for surg 11/28.... I️ ordered the Patches, I️ have been on patch medication before & absorbed it well, so the concept I️ really like, I️ ordered a two month supply which will bring me to my next bloodwork ... so I️ will know if it is working well or not! If it isn’t keeping my levels where they should be, then I️ will go to oral Vitamins !

12 hours ago, UndercoverDiet said:

Are the Patches just a multivitamin or do they have all we need like Calcium, Vitamin D, B12 and Iron as well? Where do you get the Patches?

You can check them out at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/vitamin-patch

14 hours ago, UndercoverDiet said:

Are the Patches just a multivitamin or do they have all we need like Calcium, Vitamin D, B12 and Iron as well? Where do you get the Patches?

I first read about the patches on a post here. They can be purchased through this site and have patches that cover all the things we need that you listed above. I've not heard anything negative about the quality and the price is pretty good.

How sticky are the Patches? I'm really bad at taking pills/vitamins in the day time, but I'm really good at it before bed. Would these come off in my sleep? Rolling around, rubbing against clothes or blankets, ect?

1 minute ago, AshAsh1 said:

How sticky are the Patches? I'm really bad at taking pills/vitamins in the day time, but I'm really good at it before bed. Would these come off in my sleep? Rolling around, rubbing against clothes or blankets, ect?

I don't know but I just ordered 6 month worth. I HATE taking Vitamins and I hate the chewable ones more!

14 hours ago, UndercoverDiet said:

I first read about the patches on a post here. They can be purchased through this site and have patches that cover all the things we need that you listed above. I've not heard anything negative about the quality and the price is pretty good.

The patches aren’t super sticky but have no issue staying on while sleeping.

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:45 PM, MYTACO said:

The RV been on Patches for almost two years. Love them. Numbers are good, and cheaper that bariatric Vitamins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My question about the Patches is: I noticed there was a bariatric set (from this website). It has a Multi-Vitamin, Iron, B-12, and Calcium (therefore 4 different patches). The question is, I've read a lot of people who take multiple Vitamins per day, especially calcium. How does this work? Does one (4 total) patch have all the Vitamin needs for the entire day?

My question about the Patches is: I noticed there was a bariatric set (from this website). It has a Multi-Vitamin, Iron, B-12, and Calcium (therefore 4 different patches). The question is, I've read a lot of people who take multiple Vitamins per day, especially calcium. How does this work? Does one (4 total) patch have all the Vitamin needs for the entire day?

I use the patch, but also have to take a few other supplements. In particular B12, Vitamin D, calcium. I also take Biotin and magnesium (the latter for constipation). Depending on the levels following blood work, I have modified some of the supplements. For instance I now only take B12 every other day.

The reason I do the patch is because the large Multivitamins always upset my stomach. So far, no issues with the patch sticking. Although I do recommend removing it before bathing or swimming. For some reason they really stick when wet. I also rotate the location where I stick it, butt or shoulder.

I️ am sched for surg 11/28.... I️ ordered the Patches, I️ have been on patch medication before & absorbed it well, so the concept I️ really like, I️ ordered a two month supply which will bring me to my next bloodwork ... so I️ will know if it is working well or not! If it isn’t keeping my levels where they should be, then I️ will go to oral Vitamins !

PLEASE let us know how your tests come back. Id like to switch to the patches if they absorb properly.

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 235
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

I did those for a bit, I had to. But I was told they don’t actually work very well. :(