Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last minute bariatrics buddy

My papers were submitted to insurance on Friday(11/10).

My NUT says surgery will be 2-3 months from the day of submittal. So, at the very latest I should be having surgery in mid February.

I had a surgery buddy. Our appointments were days apart, as we started the program within a week of each other. I found her on a Facebook bariatric page. Well, long story short, she has dropped out of the race and in turn I no longer have a surgery buddy. Or really even a bariatric friend. I never thought to make more friends than her and I should have. I no longer feel comfortable confiding in her about how my appointment went or about anything bariatrics honestly, as I feel I’m rubbing it in her face.

I am keeping the surgery discrete, so to have someone else who is going through the same as me surgery wise is crucial to me.

I am trying to cram over half a year worth of small talk and acquaintanceship into a few weeks. So please know before responding, that I will be moving fast. Like, we need to become best friends In 8 weeks.

I’m 27, I live in the Midwest and am opting for the bypass.

Awwww, you will find friends here. I myself am scheduled for surgery on 3/14.

I just got my approval today. My surgery is scheduled for December 4th, and I’m having a bypass as well. I’d love to have a few bypass friends to go through it together!

I just got my approval today. My surgery is scheduled for December 4th, and I’m having a bypass as well. I’d love to have a few bypass friends to go through it together!

Did you bawl? I know once I get that call I’m going to lose it. Congratulations!

13 minutes ago, KimTriesRNY said:

Congratulations, I got approved but have no date yet... I cant wait till i get a date

Actually I was in the pre op information session when the call came. I had to sit there for two hours wondering what the news would be lol. I had read a lot about denials and things like that so I was surprised to hear back so quickly that I was approved on the first try.

All we can do is what is required regarding documentation and hope that we get the decision that we need. Don’t lose sight. I’ve struggled the past month with “ I may not get to eat this again” syndrome. It’s stressful waiting and wondering but don’t let it get you.

Actually I was in the pre op information session when the call came. I had to sit there for two hours wondering what the news would be lol. I had read a lot about denials and things like that so I was surprised to hear back so quickly that I was approved on the first try.
All we can do is what is required regarding documentation and hope that we get the decision that we need. Don’t lose sight. I’ve struggled the past month with “ I may not get to eat this again” syndrome. It’s stressful waiting and wondering but don’t let it get you.

How brutal! I would have been on edge the entire two times waiting to hear what they had to say.
You’re absolutely right, I will def try to keep that in mind. My holy grail is lemon Water. If I can’t put fresh lemon in my water after surgery I literally will die. Well, not literally but I’d still be slightly disappointed lol

Congratulations, I got approved but have no date yet... I cant wait till i get a date

How exciting! Congrats! Did they give you a possible time frame of a potential surgery date? Like within the next two months or by January, etc...