Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about Recovery House for Dr. Cardenas/Beauty Enhance

Does it still feel pretty numb? By chance, do you know why the swelling stays for such a long time? I'm still planning on getting arms and legs done. I'm on a time crunch with my insurance of getting them all done within next 12 months. Of the surgeries you've had, which have taken most recovery time? Also, drank plenty of Water before taking faja off tonight to put new dressings and I felt good! No lightheaded, so thank you again!

Sent from my SM-J327P using BariatricPal mobile app

Still numb mostly in my back. Swelling stays because there is a redistribution of fluids in the body and it’s part of our natural inflammatory response. I was told real results would be most visible by three months out. I’m getting boobs and arms next. Then thighs after that. This was my first surgery and being that it was seven procedures rolled into one surgery it has been a doozy. The surgeon told me that the thigh surgery will be a hard recovery. Not looking forward to going through that. I am so very glad the extra Water helped with the faja situation. You go girl! Keep your head up!

On 11/16/2017 at 10:12 AM, nurse247 said:

No boobs or arms. Just lower body lift through Dr. Cardenas.

My cost was 11k. I also got a modest amount of lip filler. I love it!

You look great but that's a lot of money for Mexico.

Not really as it included my whole package with a week stay at the recovery house with around the clock care from nurses. I stayed one night in the hospital. All fees for the surgeon and anesthesiologist, pain pump, meds, food, etc... what I got for my package would easily be 20 k in the states. I wasn’t looking for a provider who was a cheaper alternative, I was focused on quality of care and best outcomes. I have seen other women go to Mexico and pay less. I’ve also seen horrendous botched surgeries. I had such a wonderful experience and it was worth every penny.

Re: pricing - my LBL procedure is costing around $14k including a comparable level of hospital stay and the post-op nurse care, food, meds, etc. I also did a consultation with a surgeon in Miami and the all-inclusive price came to around $12K. It looks like the Mexico option is cheaper, but the dollar difference is smaller than I had thought.

Depends on the state you're in I'm sure! My quotes were all much higher than that in California!

@nurse247 how long did you have drains? Did you fly home w those? Anyone else chime in on the drains thing as well.

I had my front one for about two weeks and the back one for almost a month. I live only 90 min from Mexico so I drove. The people I m we that flew in did by home with their Drains.

[mention=268613]nurse247[/mention] how long did you have drains? Did you fly home w those? Anyone else chime in on the drains thing as well.

I had my surgery on a Thursday and my trains came out following Tuesday. They had to be producing less than a certain amount and my swelling/fluid seemed to be much lower than most though.