Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My surgery is on 11/22 and I started my pre-op full liquid diet on Tuesday 11/14. It hasn’t been terrible, but every now and again I think about having something to eat and then I remember I can’t. But, this site has helped, seeing other people’s stories and successes. I keep reminding myself that the changes I want don’t come without sacrifices. You can do it! Just keep reminding yourself of what’s important to you. We got this!

I feel for everyone that has to do a liquid diet! Omg! I have pretty much been on my pre op diet since April, because I had alot to lose anyway and was on a 1500 Cal diet the whole time. Everyone stick to the plan, fight the urges because I know it is hard! You are almost at the finish line to get your surgery!

Wow since April!?! That is crazy, God bless you hun (((Hugs)))

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 241 SW ?
Surgery Date: 11/21/2017.
Goal weight 150’ish 🤞🏼

My surgery is 11/29. My preop diet started 11/15. This is been so difficult. The first day i cheated big time. The quilt set in and I’ve been doing good ever sense. I’m allowed oatmeal or grits, broth, Protein Shakes, Water, pop cycles, fat free pudding, and yogurt. I upped my water intake and found that i am less hungry when i do that. I want to crunch something so bad.

I'm struggling with this. I found out my surgery date (11/28) on Thursday and was told to start my pre-op diet the next day. I wasn't mentally prepared for that and I haven't been able to grocery shop. So I pretty much decided I would start Saturday and was doing great until dinner time in which case I blew it. So tomorrow I jump back in and try this again....I have come so far I will NOT fail now!

dinner time was the hardest for me too. I usually tried to save my 1 Greek yogurt per day for that time so I could feel like I was eating or I ate a sugar free popsicle. I also tried to go for a walk or find something to do so I wasn't watching my family eat. Good luck it is worth it in the end, but this is just the beginning

1 hour ago, ashrn80 said:

I'm struggling with this. I found out my surgery date (11/28) on Thursday and was told to start my pre-op diet the next day. I wasn't mentally prepared for that and I haven't been able to grocery shop. So I pretty much decided I would start Saturday and was doing great until dinner time in which case I blew it. So tomorrow I jump back in and try this again....I have come so far I will NOT fail now!

Keep pushing through! You know what the end result will be! You got this!

You can do this! I just finished and had surgery. It was a difficult process to be sure, but I am two days post op and couldn’t be happier that I did it.