Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BEST body weight scale?

So when I was on my pre-op diet and had a couple cheat days, I became so stressed out that I was re-gaining (apparently I didn't really cheat THAT much, I guess I just felt really guilty!)

Anyway, I went to my NUT appt and weighed in and discovered I'd actually lost 5 pounds. It was my scales fault - I'm thinking it is off between 3 and 6 pounds and I need a new one.

Please offer a few options...some may be interested in weight only, others weight/BMI, whatever bells & whistles out these days.....many thanks for sharing your knowledge!

3 hours ago, MissT_SR said:

So when I was on my pre-op diet and had a couple cheat days, I became so stressed out that I was re-gaining (apparently I didn't really cheat THAT much, I guess I just felt really guilty!)

Anyway, I went to my NUT appt and weighed in and discovered I'd actually lost 5 pounds. It was my scales fault - I'm thinking it is off between 3 and 6 pounds and I need a new one.

Please offer a few options...some may be interested in weight only, others weight/BMI, whatever bells & whistles out these days.....many thanks for sharing your knowledge!

All scales are off a few pounds. I upgraded to a scale that has more bells and whistles. Got it at bed bath and beyond. It gives, weight, body fat, muscle mass, Water weight and bone density.

I admit, I bit scale crazy. I'm trying to weigh myself each week not everyday.

13 minutes ago, jenn1 said:

All scales are off a few pounds. I upgraded to a scale that has more bells and whistles. Got it at bed bath and beyond. It gives, weight, body fat, muscle mass, Water weight and bone density.

I admit, I bit scale crazy. I'm trying to weigh myself each week not everyday.

Will you share the name of the scale pleeeeze ;P thank you!

1 minute ago, MissT_SR said:

Will you share the name of the scale pleeeeze ;P thank you!

Name brand is beurer. I don't remember the model

I have a Yunmai scale that measures body fat %. I've had the opportunity to compare its measurements against measurements from a DEXA body fat scan on 3 separate occasions a couple months apart. Each time, the Yunmai scale was dead on whereas the Tanita medical-grade scale at my doctor's office (with more bells/whistles, costing >$1000) was quite a bit off most of the time.

I love my greater goods scale I bought off Amazon. It tracks weight, BMI, muscle mass, bone density, body fat, and Water content. It’s Bluetooth connected so it automatically logs in my app. Obviously the BMI, muscle mass, etc might not be 100% accurate but I enjoy it because even though my weight loss has really reallllly slowed, I’ve put on significant muscle mass.

I also measure myself occasionally since I find that to be a better way to tell how my body has changed.

I love my greater goods scale I bought off Amazon. It tracks weight, BMI, muscle mass, bone density, body fat, and Water content. It’s Bluetooth connected so it automatically logs in my app. Obviously the BMI, muscle mass, etc might not be 100% accurate but I enjoy it because even though my weight loss has really reallllly slowed, I’ve put on significant muscle mass.

I also measure myself occasionally since I find that to be a better way to tell how my body has changed.

I just have a set that measured really high weight. Now that I have lost 100lb I don't need such heavy duty and I'm thinking about new ones too. I can't work out how they measure all that stuff like Water weight and bone density it's amazing really

Sent from my CPH1607 using BariatricPal mobile app

Me either. I just assume it isn’t entirely accurate. But it’s still nice seeing my body fat go down and muscle mass go up when the scale number doesn’t change.

I got the con air weight watchers scale for fifty bucks. Comes with app to track measurements for BMI Water etc. I wouldn’t spend a fortune.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:19 AM, KateBruin said:

How much was it hun? I'm Pam I'm new.

Hi Pam! Welcome to the boards. I paid $59.99 on Amazon and the app is free. I believe it was the least expensive Bluetooth + automatic app tracking option I could find. It’s great.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:42 AM, KateBruin said:

Hi Pam! Welcome to the boards. I paid $59.99 on Amazon and the app is free. I believe it was the least expensive Bluetooth + automatic app tracking option I could find. It’s great.

On 12/6/2017 at 1:42 AM, KateBruin said:

Ok great sounds good to me,I'm tired of fighting with these scales and not knowing what's really going on.thanks.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:19 AM, KateBruin said:

Thanks I'm gonna check it out,tired of fighting scales.