Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know. Just breathe. They do give you something to calm you before surgery usually so one minute you're freaking out then you're like.....okay.....yes....I can do this.....lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I know. Just breathe. They do give you something to calm you before surgery usually so one minute you're freaking out then you're like.....okay.....yes....I can do this.....lol.

Lmao... I’ll take some of that please lol. I’ll get there I promise. I always freak out about the inknown[emoji849]. Which is stupid because I know I literally can’t control any of it.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

I’m January 30th and I’m starting my liquid diet today. My pre-op class is scheduled for tomorrow.

What are your instructions for liquid diet?

I have to keep my calorie intake at 900 calories. I can have up to 5 Protein Shakes a day, cream Soups, and for the first week I can have 1 salad (lettuce, celery, and cucumber) a day. It doesn’t sound so bad but I’m dying! I can’t drink coffee or black tea!! What’s yours like?

Lmao... I’ll take some of that please lol. I’ll get there I promise. I always freak out about the inknown[emoji849]. Which is stupid because I know I literally can’t control any of it.

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”[/quote

I'm a type a control freak so...I get it!

I have my sleeve scheduled for Jan 25 and am starting to get nervous as I’ve no idea what to expect. I’m a slow healer due to an immune disorder and am afraid I won’t bounce back in the two weeks they’ve told me to anticipate. I have NO idea what to expect afterwards - how I’ll feel, scars, how much pain to expect. I’m also allergic to adhesives (told the doc) so I’m curious how the sutures are done too. Any shared sugg, comments or experiences would be appreciated.

I have to keep my calorie intake at 900 calories. I can have up to 5 Protein Shakes a day, cream Soups, and for the first week I can have 1 salad (lettuce, celery, and cucumber) a day. It doesn’t sound so bad but I’m dying! I can’t drink coffee or black tea!! What’s yours like?

I’m on a 1000 calorie diet two Protein shakes per day and a small meal of 3-4oz of protein with salad or vegetables. I’m allowed to have two Snacks per day as well piece of fruit, cottage cheese, sugar free jell-o and yogurt.

Ugh! I’ve been loving coffee with my premier shakes lately, and I know I have to give it up soon. We were told to go on Decaf [emoji37]

On 1/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, 2feelinggreatagain said:

hi everyone this is my first post- im scheduled for my surgery january 18th 2018-- excited but nervous-- things that are left for me to take care of is-- 1-- appt w. my primary doc to get letter of medical necessity 2.-- appt w. a psychiatrist for my psycho. evalu 3. -- pre op class 4.-- then surgery ----

this whole process has actually got pretty fast for me- i started to look into to this end of Oct 2017 called bariatric surg. office on nov 3rd and had my first appt on nov . 30th.. since then i had a transnasal endoscopy which turned out good . no issues --the amt of weight i would like to lose is --80- 90 lbs--

the main reason why i finally came to the decision to look into wls is-- i couldnt take any longer-- like most of us i have tried pretty much every diet out there and like my surgeon had stated to me i didnt fail the diets they all failed me and now its time to get this right---

i do have a few worries or concerns --

1- one of the reasons on why im in this boa

Hello !! Congrats you must be home by now. How are you doing ? Hoping you are doing great !!

Mine is Feb 16 and I’m already a nervous wreck!

I’m the 16th as well. Trying to get through all the reading, classes, appointments. Getting excited! Nerves will kick in closer to the date for me.

I’m the 16th as well. Trying to get through all the reading, classes, appointments. Getting excited! Nerves will kick in closer to the date for me.

I don’t know why but I’m not excited yet. I’m a big wimp, so worried about the post-op pain. Hope some of your excitement will rub off on me!

I don’t know why but I’m not excited yet. I’m a big wimp, so worried about the post-op pain. Hope some of your excitement will rub off on me!

You are not alone. I’m not excited yet either lol. I’m not worried about the post op pain. I’m worried about the pre op diet and being able to conquer that and then about not eating for a long time after that. If I didn’t have to cook for my family I probably think it would be easier. When are you having your surgery?

You are not alone. I’m not excited yet either lol. I’m not worried about the post op pain. I’m worried about the pre op diet and being able to conquer that and then about not eating for a long time after that. If I didn’t have to cook for my family I probably think it would be easier. When are you having your surgery?

You will get through it! Feb 16. When is yours? (Sorry if I replied twice. Getting used to this app) :)

Is your pre-op diet a liquid diet? Mine is high Protein and reduced calories. You will get through it! My surgery is Feb 16. When is yours?

My pre-op is Clear Liquids and 4 Protein Shakes a day and of course no caffeine. I was a huge Diet Coke addict and decided to go cold turkey like a week ago. Very very hard lol. My dad, brother and sister in law all had gastric bypass and made it through. None of them had much pain at all. So I don’t think you have to worry about that. My date is Feb 6.

My pre-op is Clear Liquids and 4 Protein Shakes a day and of course no caffeine. I was a huge Diet Coke addict and decided to go cold turkey like a week ago. Very very hard lol. My dad, brother and sister in law all had gastric bypass and made it through. None of them had much pain at all. So I don’t think you have to worry about that. My date is Feb 6.

Giving that up must’ve been hard. I’m trying to ween myself off coffee so I get it. Lol That’s awesome. Best of luck to you! You got this! I think seeing the results will be the best part and help to keep motivated!