Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Months Out Progress and Height Surprise!

I am officially three months out as of yesterday, 11/7/2017. I feel great. I never thought that I would realize this rate of success so quickly. May of this year, I was sitting at 326 pounds. I was unhappy. I was just existing. I had been overweight for the majority of my life even though I was always active. I was the most in shape fat guy around. I worked out 5-7X per week for years. I tried every diet known to man. I would lose 30-50 pounds, and then gain it back. It was then hard to start up again. I tended to eat well during the week, only to destroy my progress over the weekend.

I had surgery on August 7, 2017. It was truly a life-changing experience. Shot out to Dr. Illan in Mexico, and Bariatric Pal for giving me this opportunity to change my life for the better. I am 19 pounds from my goal as of today. I have gone from a 44" pant size to a 36" pant size. The most miraculous thing that I noticed today is that I am no longer 6'2.5" tall. I am 6'3" today. I actually grew a half inch! I found out at a doctor's appointment two years ago that I had shrunk a half inch. I though that it was because of age. Well, look at the pictures below.

The left grouping was taken in May at my high weight of 326 pounds. The middle grouping was taken on 8/7 and 8/8 (before and after surgery) at 289 pounds. The right grouping was taken yesterday at 239 pounds. If you compare the middle and last grouping, you can tell that my posture has straightened out. I am actually taller by a half inch. Crazy!

Anyway, I didn't do this in SUCCESS STORIES, because I don't feel that I am there just yet. Who knows what the next three months have in store for me!

Has anyone else noticed a height change after weight loss?

5a032519c97ee_BeforeandAfter.thumb.jpg.f5e403a79752e1ab32bf9a45d6ef9d20.jpg

I am officially three months out as of yesterday, 11/7/2017. I feel great. I never thought that I would realize this rate of success so quickly. May of this year, I was sitting at 326 pounds. I was unhappy. I was just existing. I had been overweight for the majority of my life even though I was always active. I was the most in shape fat guy around. I worked out 5-7X per week for years. I tried every diet known to man. I would lose 30-50 pounds, and then gain it back. It was then hard to start up again. I tended to eat well during the week, only to destroy my progress over the weekend.
I had surgery on August 7, 2017. It was truly a life-changing experience. Shot out to Dr. Illan in Mexico, and Bariatric Pal for giving me this opportunity to change my life for the better. I am 19 pounds from my goal as of today. I have gone from a 44" pant size to a 36" pant size. The most miraculous thing that I noticed today is that I am no longer 6'2.5" tall. I am 6'3" today. I actually grew a half inch! I found out at a doctor's appointment two years ago that I had shrunk a half inch. I though that it was because of age. Well, look at the pictures below.
The left grouping was taken in May at my high weight of 326 pounds. The middle grouping was taken on 8/7 and 8/8 (before and after surgery) at 289 pounds. The right grouping was taken yesterday at 239 pounds. If you compare the middle and last grouping, you can tell that my posture has straightened out. I am actually taller by a half inch. Crazy!
Anyway, I didn't do this in SUCCESS STORIES, because I don't feel that I am there just yet. Who knows what the next three months have in store for me!

Wow! You look amazing! Major congrats!

@DropWt4Life Kudos to you! You are an inspiration. February of this year I was at my heaviest, 327lbs. I had surgery 10/16 and weighed 278 the day of surgery, and am 258 today. It feels great. Unfortunately, I'm not the 6'3" that you are and am only 5'10". I'm hoping to be 100lbs+ lighter in February of 18. Keep at it!

40 minutes ago, Joann454 said:

Wow! You look amazing! Major congrats!

Thank you so much. I have a bit to go, but I am getting there!

2 minutes ago, MG1776 said:

@DropWt4Life Kudos to you! You are an inspiration. February of this year I was at my heaviest, 327lbs. I had surgery 10/16 and weighed 278 the day of surgery, and am 258 today. It feels great. Unfortunately, I'm not the 6'3" that you are and am only 5'10". I'm hoping to be 100lbs+ lighter in February of 18. Keep at it!

Thanks! I will keep working. You do the same. You will get to where you want to be!

Day-yaaam... (Gotto be careful my hubby doesn't catch me lookin' at this thread!)

Congrats on your success so far! Only 3 incisions? Love Dr. Illan's handiwork.

Wow! I'm speechless! You look amazing! Great job!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

16 minutes ago, Berry78 said:

Day-yaaam... (Gotto be careful my hubby doesn't catch me lookin' at this thread!)

Congrats on your success so far! Only 3 incisions? Love Dr. Illan's handiwork.

LOL! Thanks!. Actually, I had four incisions. There is one that you can barely see on the side.

Woah....you look so good!! (I hope I gain some height, I'm such a shorty and i'll take any extra I can get)

Wow amazing progress already. You give me hope. I go in 2 days to be scheduled for mine and I am hoping to have my surgery 12/11. In the past year I have actually shrunk 1 inch so hopefully I will get that back. At 5'3" now I can use all the height I can get. Keep up the great work and I hope to see this kind of progress by spring/summer 2018. My heaviest was 316 and I am about 290 now. Just can't wait to get into the 100's again!! Best of luck to you and everyone else going through this process.

Awesome job. You look AMAZING!

I too has grown after surgery. I was 1.65, now I'm 1.66 or 1.67.

13 hours ago, watsongirl17 said:

You look great! Congratulations!

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Debbie9966 said:

Wow amazing progress already. You give me hope. I go in 2 days to be scheduled for mine and I am hoping to have my surgery 12/11. In the past year I have actually shrunk 1 inch so hopefully I will get that back. At 5'3" now I can use all the height I can get. Keep up the great work and I hope to see this kind of progress by spring/summer 2018. My heaviest was 316 and I am about 290 now. Just can't wait to get into the 100's again!! Best of luck to you and everyone else going through this process.

Thank you so much! You will do well. Just keep your eye on the prize, and you will definitely be successful! I think my height growth is definitely from less weight pulling on the spine. My posture is much better. I wish you the best of luck in your journey!