Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!

2 hours ago, Linz13 said:

Edited by Linz13

6 hours ago, Linz13 said:

I'm having the chest pain too, how long does it take to go away! I ate dinner too fast last night I'm assuming. I'm going to have to eat by myself for awhile, I feel bad when it seems like people are waiting on me to finish eating. I'm fine when I've eaten by myself. I'm so glad I got on here this morning and saw the posts, I thought I seriously hurt myself or something.

I’m not sure. It may be one of those things that lasts forever. My doctor said it was “negative reinforcement” for eating too fast. Guess I need to learn my lesson!

1 hour ago, MissSimpson said:

I’m not sure. It may be one of those things that lasts forever. My doctor said it was “negative reinforcement” for eating too fast. Guess I need to learn my lesson!

That sucks! I haven't been able to get much down today. I'm hoping that it goes away tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll get dehydrated.

That sucks! I haven't been able to get much down today. I'm hoping that it goes away tomorrow. I'm afraid I'll get dehydrated.

Maybe try some clear Protein waters or sugar free Gatorade? Don’t dehydrate! That would be awful!

1 hour ago, MissSimpson said:

Maybe try some clear Protein waters or sugar free Gatorade? Don’t dehydrate! That would be awful!

I've been sipping on sugar free green tea, I feel better now. 😊 I will definitely be more careful not to eat too fast from now on. That was harsh lol.

1 hour ago, Linz13 said:

I've been sipping on sugar free green tea, I feel better now. 😊 I will definitely be more careful not to eat too fast from now on. That was harsh lol.

Girl, I hear you! It’s the worst! I guess I have to learn things the hard way to get it through my thick skull! Glad you’re feeling better! ❤️

How long after you swallow your food do you wait until you take another bite? Even though I bite my food 20-30 times after a while I start feeling nauseated and I just want to vomit. I wait about 2 -3 seconds between the time I swallow and the time I take another bite. I'm barely eating at all, I sometimes only take 3-4 spoons of food and I feel full and not hungry.

15 minutes ago, Francisco82 said:

How long after you swallow your food do you wait until you take another bite? Even though I bite my food 20-30 times after a while I start feeling nauseated and I just want to vomit. I wait about 2 -3 seconds between the time I swallow and the time I take another bite. I'm barely eating at all, I sometimes only take 3-4 spoons of food and I feel full and not hungry.

Now that we are 1 month out of surgery, I don't wait that long between bites. I go off of feel. By no means do I rush! I just feel it out and listen to what my pouch tells me.

I’ve been absent for awhile. It’s hard to respond easily from my phone and I was having problems with the app. I’m trying to catch up a little but still on my phone.

Three weeks out today. Overall it’s gone well after the initial nausea slowed down. That was rough! I feel old this week is when the nerves are starting to heal so I’m feeling different things from my tummy. I’m feeling hunger and feeling “stop eating” a bit more now. Some things are making me queasy. Etc. none of it is bad, I’m just getting a chance to learn my new tummy.

As far as Vitamins, etc go: I’m still not taking them all. Because of the nausea, the surgeons office said to hold off on incorporating all that stuff for a few weeks, so I’ve been slowly adding them in. In a week or two I’ll have everything incorporated.

Food is going fine, if boring. I’m still on puréed food, though I’ve allowed myself some stretch on “how” the food gets puréed. (Meatball gets puréed in my mouth. :D )

Anyway, mostly all is well. How about the rest of you?

Hello everyone,
I'm a month out also. My VSG was 12/12 & I still have problems getting my liquids in and it always feel like I have something stuck in my throat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I have that throat thing too. Worried it might be GERD. I see the surgeon for a follow up this week will see what he says. Other than that, I am 27 lbs down in 4 weeks as if today! Bought a dress today to wear to a friend's wedding this weekend. I was a size 22 when my nephew hot married in Oct, bought a size 16/18 today!!!

Please keep me updated on what he says. How are u on getting all of your liquids down?

Not great some days and some days are no problem. With the liquids from the Soups I eat for every meal I think I am getting 60 Or so oz a day. Some days I can finish a 1.5 litre bottle no problem, some days I can barely get down more than a few hundred mls

Not great some days and some days are no problem. With the liquids from the Soups I eat for every meal I think I am getting 60 Or so oz a day. Some days I can finish a 1.5 litre bottle no problem, some days I can barely get down more than a few hundred mls

The only way I get most of my liquids is by eating ice. :(

I had my surgery on December 19. Been kinda tough but am getting used to the program. Having to figure out how to eat been the biggest hurdle. Trying to make sure I get enough Protein has been a priority.