Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!

Hey all!
I had my RNY December 1st and came home yesterday. Would love to have some surgery support buddies!

I’m 31, 5’5”, and started at 286 lbs. surgery day weight was 281, and I’m already down to 271 as of this morning. My doc has me on liquids until 1 week post op, then I start Protein Shakes.

My my reason for having the RNY was my PCOS. I’m active, eat healthy (keto for 3 years with minimal weight loss), but because of my PCOS, the weight never goes anywhere. I’m a nursing student and mom to a 4 year old and 2 year old.

Hubby took the week off to take care of me, and I’m recovering well. Little to no pain, sleeping well, a little soreness, but overall dong wonderfully.

Good of luck with surgeries this month!

Congratulations! It sounds like you're having a great start and you have amazing support. Thank you for the update.

Congrats to you. I go in for my bypass on Monday the 18th. Super nervous!!!

I'm with you wait for the call when to report. On the 5 I wt 257 on the 13 I'm weight 246 with the being 292 in January. Just worrie and stress I'm ready we're doing this Monday.

Sent from my TG-L800S using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats to you. I go in for my bypass on Monday the 18th. Super nervous!!!

It us just around the corner. It'll be great to have the weekend to prepare before your surgery.

I had my surgery last night. The surgeon said it went really well, though I've been in a lot of pain. I'm feeling good now though - pain is starting to decrease, my boss just sent me flowers, my boyfriend is on his way to visit me, and most importantly...I'm on the next step of this journey!

Good luck to everyone having surgery the rest of this month!

I'm so happy for you!

Hello all! My surgery date was 11/4! I stayed two nights in the hospital. All is well. Resting at home. Making sure I get up and move and drink my Water. Congrats to everyone having surgery this month! I’m eager to hear all your stories and create an amazing support group!

So glad you're doing well.

16 hours ago, real sight said:

I'm with you wait for the call when to report. On the 5 I wt 257 on the 13 I'm weight 246 with the being 292 in January. Just worrie and stress I'm ready we're doing this Monday.

Sent from my TG-L800S using BariatricPal mobile app

Absolutely! We'll crush it!!! Good luck to you.

This 3-day pre-op clear liquid diet is horrible! I want to eat everything and it's just because I can't have anything.Today is my last day at school before we go on our Christmas break. I don't wanna be hangry around the kids. lol. The parents are bringing in so many deserts, food, and etc. Not good. Plus, we have a faculty vs student volleyball game that I know I won't have any extra energy for. Sucks. I'll be fine. I'll make it happen.

20 hours ago, 823freckles said:

You're almost there! The last handful of days before surgery were pretty nerve wracking. You're gonna be on the other side soon though too-just keep reminding yourself of all the reasons you're doing this. good luck!

You're absolutely right! Thank you

1 hour ago, SampTheChamp said:

This 3-day pre-op clear liquid diet is horrible! I want to eat everything and it's just because I can't have anything.Today is my last day at school before we go on our Christmas break. I don't wanna be hangry around the kids. lol. The parents are bringing in so many deserts, food, and etc. Not good. Plus, we have a faculty vs student volleyball game that I know I won't have any extra energy for. Sucks. I'll be fine. I'll make it happen.

You've got this! You're almost there and then you'll think how fast it all went by!

Hey there! So I’m 3 days post op today. I started liquids yesterday and it went right thru me! Terrible diarrhea. I don’t know if I drank it too fast and that was a dumping reaction or why it happened. I felt no restriction when I was drinking. I’m anxious to talk to the Dr today. The Nurses here don’t speak English so I was unable to ask them.

i should be released today, go to my hotel in San Diego, then fly home tomorrow. The pain is bearable, but they are removing the bandages and drain this morning so I think I’ll feel better. My glucose is low, so they just brought me a big cup of apple juice. Yummy!!

im going to try to ease off the pain meds because I can’t stay awake. All in all, the last three days have been rough, but not unbearable. I just keep looking forward knowing these next few weeks are a very small sacrifice compared to my new healthy body!!

Dec 29th surgery date here! Cant wait :). Nervousness hasn't set in yet!

2 minutes ago, Holls06 said:

Dec 29th surgery date here! Cant wait :). Nervousness hasn't set in yet!

Mine has, but just a little bit. :o

I

1 minute ago, Subaru said:

Mine has, but just a little bit. :o

Im sure the week of ill be a total wreck. :unsure:

It's two days post-surgery for me. I had some very intense pain yesterday, but they finally found something to give me that broke through that last night, and now I'm doing a lot better. Still sore, but minimal nausea, I am able to walk a little bit, and I'm doing okay with broth and jello!

This is tough, but it's been particularly wonderful to have the support I've had these past few days. My boss sent me flowers, and my boyfriend stayed with me the whole day yesterday. My mom is coming to take me home this afternoon too. Looking forward to that!

Anyways, it's been great to have this thread going. We're halfway through the month of December, so a lot of us have had surgery and we still have more going through it in the coming days. Let's all try to remember how different -and GOOD- our 2018s are going to be! I'm looking forward to this journey for next year!

Edited by 823freckles