Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2017 Gastric Bypass!

So I have a (likely) surgery date of December 13th, pending insurance approval. Any other people having a gastric bypass in December and want to be buddies? I hope we can keep this thread going as we prepare for surgery, and after!

So I have a (likely) surgery date of December 13th, pending insurance approval. Any other people having a gastric bypass in December and want to be buddies? I hope we can keep this thread going as we prepare for surgery, and after!

I am scheduled for Dec. 21st!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

@823freckles My tentative date is Dec 13 also! Totally dependent on when BCBS gives the official approval. I'll be your buddy, but I'm an old lady next to you....57 years old! Are you as nervous as me about getting through the surgery and that first month?

I'm scheduled for a revision from lap band to gastric bypass on Dec. 12th. Would love to stay connected, but I'm also new on here and need to know how to go about staying connected.

Congrats yall. I go in for my bypass on Dec 18th. Super excited, nervous, scared, determined, hopeful, and so on. I'm ready for the me that I have never met.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Yay! So nice to see some fellow December gastric bypass people! I am excited but really, really nervous. I also have a pretty extreme pre-op diet from my surgeon-based on my BMI, I have 4 weeks of Protein Shakes and raw vegetables! So I start that Tuesday.

I am new here too, but it looks like there's like a "follow thread" button at the top. I think if you post on the thread, you have automatically "followed" it as well, and will be notified of new posts. Hope that helps!

I may be in December I won't find out until Dec 6th though

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am scheduled for Dec. 21st!

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hey Surgery Sister! I am having revision surgery (VSG to RNY) on 12/21/17.

I'm really excited to share that I got approved! Yay!

I'm also on day 4 of my pre-op diet (protein shakes and raw vegetables). It's been pretty rough. I feel like my emotions are literally all over the place-which scares me.

How is everyone else handling any emotional struggles around the prep?

Mines dec 27th

I just got my surgery date - it is December 27. Would love to have some December support buddies to get through this together and help eachother.

@823freckles I haven't started the Pre Op diet....I don't even know what mine will be or how soon prior to surgery I do that. I don't see the doctor or dietician again until Dec 6 and my RNY surgery is Dec 27. What date is your surgery?

My emotions go from scared to death....to so excited that I'm getting this incredible opportunity to save my life and maybe not suffer the constant shame of out of control eating and being the fat girl in the room....to being just normal....to be able to walk with not horrible knee pain again....to not be out of breath walking up one flight of stairs....yep, I'm all over the place.

Biggest fear....am I strong enough physically to survive the surgery and the recovery phase?