Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am hungry but tired of eating the same things. Can you tell me what you are eating tonight?

Today it will be some seafood (as I love it) - likely 4 large shrimps would pack me full. Pure Protein, low fat.

Sometimes just a can of zero greek yogurt (around 120 calories with 19g of protein).

And finally (I know this is not good anyway, but I can't stand it!) a bottle of organic Ginger Kombucha. It has some natural alcohol and minor natural carbonation, plus it has no protein and have some sugar (just around 5-6g probably), it is still low in calories and I don't think it would harm alot :)

1 hour ago, temkins said:

Today it will be some seafood (as I love it) - likely 4 large shrimps would pack me full. Pure Protein, low fat.

Sometimes just a can of zero greek yogurt (around 120 calories with 19g of protein).

And finally (I know this is not good anyway, but I can't stand it!) a bottle of organic Ginger Kombucha. It has some natural alcohol and minor natural carbonation, plus it has no Protein and have some sugar (just around 5-6g probably), it is still low in calories and I don't think it would harm alot :)

Thank you! I eat a lot of sea food as well. I am trying to expand my options.

Not sure what were having tonight but last night we had a grilled ham steak with a little cauliflower (steamed with sea salt and a little butter) and potatoes. I'm 10.5 months post op and last meeting with my NUT in September she told me I needed to get more veggies and starches in my diet so I'm trying to incorporate veggies or starch in every meal, in moderation of course, Protein will always be first.

I don't eat seafood so I have to get my protein elsewhere. Some normal meal items for us include:

Hamburger, no bun. We do low fat ground beef or turkey with a little pepper jack cheese and whatever toppings you like

Lean Meatloaf

BLT's with no bread so we make lettuce boat add low fat mayo with turkey bacon and tomato's

Taco salad (Ground turkey, salsa, a little lettuce, Tomato, sour cream, cheese) with no shell

Chili

Grilled Italian Sausage or meatballs in sauce with cheese to cover my Italian fix (I used to eat a lot of pasta)

chicken Spiedies (local cuisine)

Just look up recipes, and make them your own. You can make virtually anything low carb, low fat, vegetarian, or whatever you want by switching ingredients. I like to use staples over and over in different meals to save time and waste.

Taco salad (Spinach, Tomato, black Beans, cheese, cilantro, red onion, avocado slices, seasoned turkey or veggie crumbles)

Asparagus Enchilada Burrito (leftover seasoned turkey or veggie crumbles, cheese, roasted asparagus, black beans wrapped in Flatout Multigrain w/ Flax flatbread with Las Palmas enchilada sauce (1/4 cup - can eat 1/2 in a sitting)

Roasted poblanos stuffed with leftover seasoned veggie crumbles, spinach, cheese, mushrooms and Las Palmas enchilada sauce ( 1/4 cup)

Trident Wild Caught Salmon Patty w/sautéed spinach and quinoa

Spinach Salad w/leftover Trident Wild Caught Salmon (spinach, tomato, red onion, cheese, chopped roasted asparagus, Olive Garden light Italian salad dressing)

chicken and Shrimp Skewers (Chicken pieces, shrimp, tri-colored bell peppers, red onion in pieces) fajita style

leftover Chicken and shrimp fajita taco on Flatout flatbread with avocado, spinach and fat free refried black beans

leftover fajita Chicken Caesar Salad (spinach, shredded parmesan cheese, caesar dressing, chopped red onion, chicken)

Tonight I am having Korean sloppy joe's . . . I skip the bun and just eat the meat. We do a lot of crockpot meals, so we've been eating things like ranch chicken tacos, dijon pork chops, salsa chicken, etc. I also LOVE Soup, so I make some kind of soup about once a week.

The crockpot is a lifesaver for me because I still can't do the drier meats, and it's so awesome to come home to a cooked meal!

I am on Pinterest about every day looking for recipes because I like a variety. :)

Thank you everyone! These are some great meal options!