Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November 7th sleevers

Hi guys , I am doing well , slow and steady . I have lost 52lbs so far but wish it was more . I’m off all meds and feel ok I guess . I’m a little depressed as my boobs are pretty much gone and my hair feels like crap but I am losing

Hi guys,
It’s great to see everyone is doing well!! Such great losses!! I am down 35 lbs and like some of you, wish it was coming off faster. However, it’s going in the right direction.
I have to say, I do love the fact that my body tells me when I am full. And when I am full, there is no pushing past it. I can still eat all of the foods my family has, just a smaller portion.
My biggest issue for me, right now is exercise. I have excruciating joint pain in my hips and it makes it hard for me to do too much. I am hoping as my weight goes down, the pain will decrease.
I am so happy to see that people are doing great!!

I was sleeved Nov 7 and down 49lbs including pre op loss! I have had issues as well with my knee so exercise is limited. Hopefully I will up the ante now as my weight loss has stalled!

I also have problems exercising , when I can I do, when I can't I don't worry about it. My philosophy is why make unsustainable changes now to accelerate weight loss that I will give up in a year and only to gain the weight back?

Nah.

I'm just going to commit to a true lifestyle change I can handle (mostly dietary ) and lose what I lose

If I decide to start exercising vigorously in maintenance then... Icing on the cake (that I can't ever eat again lol )

On 1/8/2018 at 3:00 PM, D-9 said:

Anyone still have nausea, I feel sick when I wake up and off and on most of the day. Hunger is real , but I'm being good. Water consumption is a struggle so I've been drinking hot Decaf tea. I'm having a hard time coming up with good food menus that the whole house will eat. Any suggestions?

When are you taking your Vitamins? Are you taking them with food? That can have an impact on the nausea.

Hello everyone!

Just checking in and seeing how everyone is doing? I am doing okay. Just trying to eat enough Protein for the day. :)

Ugh

Trying to stay focused on NSV

I gained weight this week , not food choices but heavy lifting at the gym

Going back to just cardio but my back fat was going away

Hello all my friends. Its April 22 and a beautiful day in West Deptford NJ . Hope everyone is doing fine. I'm down 76 lbs. A still got more to go lol. I am still having problems with my joints and knees but slowly getting better . l joined a gym with a swimming pool per my doctors and working out in the pool as much as I can. This helps relieve pressures in my joints and knees with out put stress in those areas and it seems to be working. Hope this may help a few of you with the same problems. Have a Great Day Joe. Ps. Please keep in giving updates.

52 minutes ago, nsgirl said:

Crazy that’s it been almost a year! I am struggling to say the least! How about everyone else?

Oh no, what's going on?

Hello everyone!

I went on vacation and lost 8’pounds. I. came back and gained all 8 back. So sad 😭

1 hour ago, Newlif said:

Hello everyone!

I went on vacation and lost 8’pounds. I. came back and gained all 8 back. So sad 😭

You know as sad as the weight situation is for you, I'm soooo curious about that vacation!!!! Do tell...

Down 65 lbs coming up on our year anniversary and I’ve hit a 2 month stall, I’ve been in the same 5lb range and cannot seem to get past it. Anyone else having this issue?

Hello all my friends. Sorry I have not keep up on this thread .There no excuse. Talking about vacation,went to the Anarondike Mountains in August for a week with my brother and we hike all over the place. Lost 10 lbs and put them back on when I got home. The reason is I walked miles every day up there . At home I am walking around a mile and half almost everyday but not even close to what I was doing up there. No worry it will come off. I'm feeling Great! Most days except for my left knee. Getting it drained tomarrow. Can,t wait. Lol. I have surpassed my goal weight and still want to lose a little more and deffently need to firm up the skin . I have lost 108lbs so far but put those 10lbs back on and stalled or I would be down 118 lbs . It will come back off .This weight loss has given me my life back. Always wanting to do stuff I hadn't done in years. Best decision I ever made to have this Surgery. This post is a little long but I wish all of you the Best. If you ever need to talk or help let me know I can give you my number. Thanks again to all of you for the support. Your bariatric pal Joe.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Prdgrdma

So I guess after gastric bypass surgery, I cant eat flock chips because they are fried???  They sell them on here so I thought I could have them. So high in protein and no carbs.  They don't bother me at all.  Help. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

It's possible for a very high fat meal to cause dumping in some (30% or so) gastric bypass patients, although it's more likely to be triggered by high sugar, or by the high fat/high sugar combo (think ice cream, donuts). Dietitians will tell you to never do anything that isn't 100% healthy ever again. Realistically, you should aim for a good balance of protein, carbs, and fat each day. Should you eat fried foods every day? No. Is it possible they will make you sick? Maybe. Is it okay to eat some to see what happens and have them for a treat every now and again? Yes.

• NovelTee

I'm not at all hungry on this liquid pre-op diet, but I miss the sensation of chewing. It's been about two weeks––surgery is in two days––and I can't imagine how I'll feel a couple of weeks post-op. Tonight, I randomly stumbled upon a mukbang channel on YouTube, and it was strangely soothing... is it just me, or is this a thing? 
      · 1 reply
      1. NickelChip

I actually watched cooking shows during my pre-op, like Great British Baking Show. It was a little bizarre, but didn't make me hungry. I think it was also soothing in a way.

• Clueless_girl

How do you figure out what your ideal weight should be? I've had a figure in my head for years, but after 3 mths of recovery I'm already almost there. So maybe my goal should be lower?
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

Well, there is actually a formula for "Ideal Body Weight" and you can use a calculator to figure it out for you. This one also does an adjusted weight for a person who starts out overweight or obese. https://www.mdcalc.com/calc/68/ideal-body-weight-adjusted-body-weight

I would use that as a starting point, and then just see how you feel as you lose. How you look and feel is more important than a number.

2. Clueless_girl

I did find different calculators but I couldn't find any that accounted for body frame. But you're right, it is just a number. It was just disheartening to see that although I lost 60% of my excess weight, it's still not in the "normal/healthy" range..

• Aunty Mamo

Tomorrow marks two weeks since surgery day and while I'm feeling remarkably well and going about just about every normal activity, I did wind up with a surface abscess on on of my incision sights and was put on an antibiotic that made me so impacted that it took me more than two hours to eliminate yesterday and scared the hell out of me. Now there's Miralax in all my beverages that aren't Smooth Move tea. I cannot experience that again. I shouldn't have to take Ativan to go to the lady's. I really looking forward to my body getting with the program again. 
      I'm in day three of the "puree" stage of eating and despite the strange textures, all of the savory flavors seem decadent. 
      I timed this surgery so that I'd be recovering during my spring break. That was a good plan. Today is a state holiday and the final day of break. I feel really strong to return to school tomorrow. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • BeanitoDiego

Now that I'm in maintenance mode, I'm getting a into a routine for my meals. Every day, I start out with 8-16 ounces of water, and then a proffee, which I have come to look forward to even the night before. My proffees are simply a black coffee with a protein powder added. There are three products that I cycle through: Premier Vanilla, Orgain Vanilla, and Dymatize Vanilla.
      For second breakfast on workdays, I will have a low-fat yogurt with two tablespoons of PBFit and two teaspoons of no sugar added dried cherries. I will have ingested 35-45 grams of protein at this point between the two breakfasts, with 250-285 calories, and about 20 carbs.
      For second breakfast on non-workdays, I will prepare two servings of plain, instant oatmeal with a tablespoon of an olive oil-based spread. This means I will have had 34 grams of protein, 365 calories, and 38 carbs. Non-workdays are when I am being very active with training sessions, so I allow myself more carbohydrate fuel.
      Snacks on any day are always mixed nuts, even when I am travelling. I will have 0.2 cups of a blend that I make myself. It consists of dry roasted peanuts, cashews, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, pistachios, and Brazil nuts. This is 5 grams of protein, 163 calories, and 7 carbs.
      Breakfast and snacks have been the easiest to nail down. Lunch and dinner have more variables, and I prepare enough for leftovers. I concentrate on protein first, and then add vegetables. Typically tempeh, tofu, or Field Roast products with roasted or sautéed vegetables. Today, I will be eating leftovers from last night. Two ounces of tempeh with four ounces of roasted vegetables that consist of red and yellow sweet peppers, sweet potatoes, small purple potatoes, zucchini, and carrots. I will add a tablespoon of olive oil-based spread, break up 3 walnuts to sprinkle of top, and garnish with two tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese. This particular meal will be 19 grams of protein, 377 calories, and 28 grams of carbs. Bear in mind that I do eat more carbs when I am not working, and I focus on ingesting healthy carbs instead of breads/crackers/chips/crisps.
      It's a helluva journey and I'm thankful to be on it!

· 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches