Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

I am swinging back and forth between 199 & 203. It does get discouraging at times. I need to move more. I need to get out and walk, I need to get motivated and squeeze time in for the gym. This upcoming “holiday” (ours is Thursday through Sunday) I will be outside a lot, and doing a lot of walking. I am so excited not to be cooped up in the house! Friday evening through Sunday afternoon, my family and i will be attending a Christocentric Conference in Indiana, PA! All day Thursday and most of the day Friday, we will have a beautiful house with tons of space and a lot to do! Packing up the good stuff I need to take along. Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend fellow Americans! Our last real holiday of summer!

The times when you stall are really hard. I joined Planet Fitness a month ago and I'm going 3 days a week and I already have dropped 10lbs. Hang in there!

Ty! Unfortunately I don’t drive, so unfortunately the gym is not an option at this time. I am hoping in the future it will be! I was at the Dr today 199!

Hi October Sleevers! Just passed my 11 month mark...been going between 199 and 202 for about two months. Started botcamp 4 times per week about 3 weeks ago and no loss but definetely inches...I need another 25 to go!

My 11month follow up last week....as much as it went well and was excited to have reached -100 1 month early... they bummed me out by telling me that this was it!!! If I want to loose more I would need bypass .... I’m not done yet .. I still have 70 lbs more to loose . What a day .. I left so bummed. (Was sleeves October 18,2017)
Any thoughts anyone??

I had my eleven-month checkup on September 10th ... recorded 114.3 kg (252 pounds or 18 stones).

I started with pre-op Protein Shakes on July 17th, 2017 at 174.6 kg (384.93 pounds or 27.49 stones).

That's a drop of 60.3 kilograms all up (132.94 pounds or 9.5 stones).

When operated upon, Thursday 12th October last year, I was 160.4 kg (353.62 pounds or 25.26 stones).

So the TOTAL POST-OP LOSS IS A LESSER AMOUNT of 46.1 kilograms in 48 weeks (101.63 pounds or 7.26 stones) ... a very acceptable loss average of a nudge over two pounds per week.

I am very pleased with this ... and despite recriminations or guilt about the things I could have done better or more consistently, I'm in a FAR, FAR BETTER PLACE than the hard-breathing, morbidly obese lump I was back then.

For me, I don’t have a follow up until later this month. After my 1 year mark. I see my original surgeon on October 25th and the nutritionist, October 22nd. I was sleeved 10/17/17. When I started my weight loss journey 2 1/2 (1/1/16) years ago I was 350. I was 260 the day of surgery and of of my weight right now is 196.2 lbs. (Monday morning weigh in) Overall I am happy with my weight loss. I think I lost more in the way of inches than weight after the surgery. I was diabetic and stopped my meds 10/7/17 and haven’t needed them since. I was taken off 1 of my 2 high blood pressure pills and 1 of 2 high cholesterol meds. Some of my meds need a dosage change, and that will be from the blood work before I see the surgeon. I have had horrible reflux and it can be so horribly bad at times, but I had bad reflux before surgery. Before and now size 28 which in reality was probably a 32 (gotta be places like Lane Bryant and Woman Within, who have a very generous cut) to a size 16. Some a size 14. My only 3 issues is my boobs are gone, Mostly just skin now, my turkey neck and my belly button is wayyyy low and gets infected a lot from no air. There will always be issues but the good far out weighs the bad. The 1st set of 3 pics are 1, left at my highest, 350, 2nd one before surgery at 260, 3rd is new year 2018 at 225, and the other pic. Is now at 196 taken last week. I don’t even look or even feel like the same person.

247796A8-A422-442B-B557-049774655E65.jpeg

AC6235BA-0153-4847-B357-533E211FFF3B.jpeg

I need to make my 1 yr appointment, I keep getting reminders. I was sleeved at the end of October....26th I think....I have lost 95-102 lbs, depending on the day ( my weight varies within a 6 lb range)

I have a "normal" BMI. All of my skinny clothes are huge, I need to shop again. I am so glad I did this!!!

Edited by ProfessorSlim

On 10/1/2018 at 7:23 PM, kandywolf said:

I don’t even look or even feel like the same person.

I can understand that.

Mentally and job-wise, I feel like the same person I was a year ago ... competent, capable, busy, etc ... BUT NOW NO UNDERLYING WAY FOR CLIENTS AND COLLEAGUES to assume I am a lesser person BECAUSE I am now much closer to "normal" size.

It should NOT happen but people do treat me better now than a year or two years ago. As I shrink month by month, I am very aware of just how much verbal and visual discrimination there is targeted at FAT/OBESE people ... much of it by people who are themselves increasingly oversized or overweight compared to a generation (or two) ago.

Physically, of course, I feel like a legend ... I can breathe really well. I am quite fit as, between two to three hours per day (seven days per week) of swimming and three 90 minutes (or longer) gym sessions per week, I am stronger, better balanced and quite muscly.

Many of my bones now appear "at the surface" of my skin. I have some quite hard upper body muscles and a very hard, strong chest.

I am off all but one medication and will be looking to steadily stabilise my mass/weight between 84 and 89 kilograms (185-195 pounds). The surgeon says he will put together a plastic surgery team in 10-12 months to remove my loose abdominal skin and some remaining stubborn "hard" fat.

On 10/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, ProfessorSlim said:

my weight varies within a 6 lb range

Ditto that.

I have been 112kg to 115kg now for about five weeks. My waist is smaller. My muscles are bigger but I am in constant fluctuation with liquid consumption (coffees and water) versus appetite related to exercise.

I expect that, by mid-November, I'll fall and stabilise around 109-110 as the Australian summer weather kicks off pre-xmas.

You guys are doing great! I would love to see before and after pics!

I can not believe it is almost a year. I am having a lot of pain, so hard exercise I can’t do. But I have been doing chair assisted squats and moving around as much as possible.

When I go to see the surgeon I am going to ask him about having the excess skin removed. He will have to talk with my insurance company. I sweat in places I never knew I could! Under my belly flab is the worst! It’s itchy and burny and irritated all the time. I do have nystatin powder prescribed, but the biggest problem is my belly button.I it seems like it always is infected, and it feels damp and gross all the time! So we will see what. He says on the 25th.

Rainbow-Warrior

I completely agree! But I now get some annoyances since the surgery with restaurants. AppleBees is awesome, they let me order off the kids menu. A lot of buffets give me the children’s price. The other day, we went to a place that is both order off the menu or buffet. So I asked about price and I explained the situation. The owner said no and he has never heard of such discounts. I looked at the menu, a fruit plate with cottage cheese was $9? Really? The buffet is $14. People don’t make sense. I can eat 1 c of food. So I am getting it from a different angle.

44 minutes ago, kandywolf said:

Rainbow-Warrior

I completely agree! But I now get some annoyances since the surgery with restaurants.

I find less of a problem ... or FEWER problems.

I'm just choosy about where I eat out.

I have also learned to take a number (usually 3 or 4) ziplock bags to bring home uneaten food. I sometimes remember to put a so-called "chinese" container into my carry bag when I go out.

All this helps me have a second AND/OR third chance to eat some purchased restaurant/cafe meals.

But, nine times out of ten, I know where I am going and I either know the menu or have looked it up on line and have a contingency plan for what I will order or what I will ask for.

For my interstate trip, I will make a carry card that says I am "Dr Exxe's" patient with a "special condition" and make it look official to hand out to any officious looking "maitre de" or "floor manager". <GRIN>

I did my 1 year check up yesterday. My weight has been the same for 6 months so no real news there, never did reach my goal weight of 220 but gives me something to shoot for this year. All my numbers looked really good, HDL was up from 39 to 56. My A1C was 5.2 normally around 5.9 for the last 5-6 years or so which is pre diabetic. Currently on no meds and BP was 115/70 normally 138/95 on meds. Only thing a little off was my Vitamin D and B-12, still normal but lower then the past. So I guess I will start taking them again, but all in all a good year with good energy looking forward to continuing on with my journey. How is everyone else doing? I know there has to be more then just one first year check up's.

I had my 1 year check up a month late. I was 285 at my highest weight, 261 pre-surgery. I now weigh 183. I have only lost 10 pounds in the past 6 months. I stopped focusing on losing weight and just tried to maintain weight. I have been fighting cancer the past 6 months and that has been my focus. I am happy with how I have done as my cancer meds cause weight gain. My battle with cancer will never be over but I am at a place where I feel I can focus on my weight but will admit I could be happy at this weight. My goal is to lose another 15 pounds and settle for weighing around 165 pounds. Let’s not give up the fight. I feel so much better with the weight off.