Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

3 minutes ago, MG1776 said:

This past week I spent in Tahoe parasailing, ziplining, rock climbing, ropes course, hiking, etc. Never could have done any of yet 12 months and 165 lbs ago.

IMG_0147.jpg

zipline.jpeg

Congrats! good for you! Life is for living!

I just got some news today that I’ve been hoping to avoid. Last week I had some pretty bad abdominal pain over the course of about 5 days. After having some tests done it was determined that my gallbladder is full of stones and will have to come out. Not looking forward to another surgery, but it has to be done and I can’t wait to get it over with.

27 minutes ago, walleyecrazy said:

I just got some news today that I’ve been hoping to avoid. Last week I had some pretty bad abdominal pain over the course of about 5 days. After having some tests done it was determined that my gallbladder is full of stones and will have to come out. Not looking forward to another surgery, but it has to be done and I can’t wait to get it over with.

That stinks :(

On 07/09/2018 at 15:27, walleyecrazy said:

That does stink but you will feel so much better with the gall bladder out. Your gall bladder gone can cause some irritable bowel issues. Watch for that. I had my gall bladder removed back when they cut you open about 6 inches. Terrible scar from that. Worth it though. The gall bladder pain was worse than child birth. Good luck and quick healing.

On 05/26/2018 at 17:23, Hannah83 said:

Thank God I'm at 199.7!! One month of poop gone today thanks to coffee sufead and cramps 😓 but hey the number is lower haven't seen this number in thirteen years!! 😫 <--- me on the John. Underwhelming...

I can relate. I pooped out 3 pounds one day.

I am real glad I am checking in with all of you. I am getting some real good motivation from all of you to keep working at this. I am down 100 pounds which is awesome. I could really stand to lose another 50 but I think I will set my next goal to lose 20 more pounds. For the past month I have been going up and down 3 pounds. I am not trying real hard. Eating at a maintenance level. It could also be the dexamethasone I take every week too. It can cause severe weight gain and did in the past. It just means I need to try harder I believe. I am fighting cancer again but I am not going to let that stop me from losing this weight. So keep the stories coming, they help.

I am really struggling with getting the last 30 lbs off! I am getting discouraged. I missed my 6 month check up, and am too embarrassed to call to make a 9 month check up appointment.

My weight loss has completely stopped. I got down to about 195 and now it’s hovering around 197 for the past 3-4 months. Was hoping to get it down more. I’m happy at this weight but don’t want to gain.

5 hours ago, sawonmv said:

I am really struggling with getting the last 30 lbs off! I am getting discouraged. I missed my 6 month check up, and am too embarrassed to call to make a 9 month check up appointment.

Dont get discouraged, this is a long process and perhaps your body is getting used to its new weight. Make the appointment, talk to your DR, make sure there are no issues like Thyroid holding you up. If you think you may be back sliding or relying too much on slider foods, then maybe make an apt to see a nutritionist. Just know that there are others struggling and you are not alone

On 8/12/2018 at 8:51 AM, sawonmv said:

I just hit the 10 month mark and have been between 201 and 203 for LITERALLY 2 months. I too am eating more like the maintenance phase but DAMN! Ive lost 78 pounds since surgery but those last 25 will be a struggle..........

On 8/12/2018 at 9:57 AM, LoBMI VSGguy46 said:

My weight loss has completely stopped. I got down to about 195 and now it’s hovering around 197 for the past 3-4 months. Was hoping to get it down more. I’m happy at this weight but don’t want to gain.

Oops I meant to quote you on my last reply LOL. I too am ecstatic that I have lost so much and am able to maintain it but Im thinking damn I still eat so little and soooooo much better than before, shouldnt I be losing something!? But I agree its probably my body getting used to this weight...

Im also addicted to Skinny Pop...that cant be helping lol

So, I have been successful at maintaining my weight but still need to lose more. I would like to lose 20 more. I started logging my food again. Hope to get more walking in. I will be getting a stem cell transplant in about 4 weeks so that gives me a little more time to drop a few. After the transplant who knows what will happen. I do know I won’t have a lot of energy. I will probably rely on the Protein Shakes a lot then.

I’m down 97 since surgery (oct 2017) still 80 to go ... I’ve hit a stall and am able to tolerate all and any foods .. honeymoon is over ... now the real hard work begins as all the carb cravings are back !! I am glad that since October 2017 I still was able to keep off pop , coffee, and cigarettes.... I can feel my stomach stretched back out as I noticed I can eat bigger portions and able to drink Water with meal with minimal pain ( not good) .. I’m catching myself snacking and making excuses. So I’m back here after being away for 6 months looking for accountability and support.