Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

On 05/24/2018 at 13:03, 336Mike said:

Any other October sleevers trying to maintain weight at this point? What's working for you? I've started to increase complex carbs (fruit) and strength training. Waiting to see how it goes. Feeling good where I am and don't want to lose anymore.

20180520_173739.jpg

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 3/7/18
CW = 205 @ 6'5"
155 pounds gone!

I’m in the same boat. I’m 6’4” and currently sitting at 194lbs. I’ve been so focused on the losing weight part that it is now hard to wrap my head around changing my eating again to just maintain weight. I am really just beginning to explore this stage of the journey though so don’t really have much insight to offer yet.

I’m in the same boat. I’m 6’4” and currently sitting at 194lbs. I’ve been so focused on the losing weight part that it is now hard to wrap my head around changing my eating again to just maintain weight. I am really just beginning to explore this stage of the journey though so don’t really have much insight to offer yet.

If I learn anything outside of increasing fruit and strength training I'll pass it along.

VSG 10/11/17
HW = 360
SW = 292
GW = 220 3/7/18
CW = 205 @ 6'5"
155 pounds gone! [emoji256]

A non-weight loss personal goal I had was this Victoria's Secret nightgown I haven't ever fit into this night I finally fit into comfortably without buttons bulging. I'm almost at 199.9, everyone is different and their journeys are as well. But, this did make me smile. Just thought I'd share. B) Sometimes it's the little things.

Thank God I'm at 199.7!! One month of poop gone today thanks to coffee sufead and cramps 😓 but hey the number is lower haven't seen this number in thirteen years!! 😫 <--- me on the John. Underwhelming...

For a long, while the scale hovered around 202 203 200.x Today, I'm proud to show this number, did it up in soft glow because that's the feeling I had! :D (has song right about now funk show brother playing in head)

198.JPG

On 26/05/2018 at 12:45 PM, Hannah83 said:

A non-weight loss personal goal I had was this Victoria's Secret nightgown I

Yes, I looked forward to leaving 7XL and 6XL shirts, 66-inch waist work-slacks and 9X track-pants behind.

Today is 35 weeks since surgery. 47 kg (104 pounds) lighter.

I'm wearing 2XL and some XL shirts/polos. My slacks are 48-inch waist. I'm in 4X track-pants. My shoes are looser on my feet.

I used to be 15mm from belly to bottom of my car steering-wheel. (Half an inch for American readers.)

Now I am 155mm (6.5") from flatter belly to the steering-wheel (and because of my smaller arse, my seat is a few notches closer to the front of the car too).

Fantastic job courtb86 :) keep it up!

11 hours ago, nina0891 said:

Has anyone looked into skin removal surgery covered by insurance?

Yes ...

1. My bariatric surgeon will perform this as well. He will write up the claimable item numbers (codes) for the insurance company.

2. The hospital stay and the hospital staff assisting the surgeon are covered.

3. My out-of-pocket "gap fees" are to be just under $1400.

8th month check in I'm still about the same, down to 227 as my low,, Thinking about trying to drop other 10 to reach my ever changing goal weight.

On 6/1/2018 at 11:39 AM, courtb86 said:

I’m down 82lbs!!

image-0.00607967376708984.jpg

AWESOME RESULTS! Congrats!!

I referred last year to my need to feel more comfortable driving my car.

Back then, my gut/stomach was just 5mm to 7mm (under half an inch) away from the steering wheel.

Well, thanks to a smaller arse/backside, I have moved my seat about 40mm (1.5") closer to the steering wheel ... but the gap is out to 155mm (6.5") or more.

I'm really enjoying being sleeved!

belly_gap_car.jpg.3e90a36e3857d8f1ed2588e6d557f840.jpg

This past week I spent in Tahoe parasailing, ziplining, rock climbing, ropes course, hiking, etc. Never could have done any of yet 12 months and 165 lbs ago.

IMG_0147.jpg

zipline.jpeg