Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

I have to laugh all of us, including myself. So impatient, we are!

I had a stall that lasted 2 weeks, at 223-225 lbs, now I am at a stall of 214-216 lbs. I know it is frustrating. And, like many of you I have said things like"I have only lost 40 lbs since my surgery" (although I lost 49 from my high 1 week pre-op weight)

Anyhooooo......we are all nuts! This surgery is fricken'amazing ! I am not longer a prisoner to food, to a large stomach begging to be filled, to the effect of gherlin pumping out hungry impulses like the Bat-Signal.....I feel very fortunate. I am living life, and food is just fuel, not something i am stuffing my face with every 1-2 hours.

When else could any of us, in the past, have complained that we "only" lost 30-35-40 lbs in basically 2 months?!? (give or take a couple weeks). We are all doing very well!

My advice is to increase fluids, are you getting the needed 64 ounces a day? (I know I am guilty of rarely getting enough fluids) Are you skipping the crackers, the bread, the Cereal and doing Protein first then veggies? I know I try but sometimes am not perfect.

If we continue to try to stick to these guidelines as best as possible, the weight will continue to drop. I know I am dying to get down to 175-185 ish.... I will honestly be thrilled just to be under 200lbs. And I will get there. Maybe not in a week, or a month, or a few months....but I will meet my goals...and so will you!

Stay strong and stay positive! We are all losing a bunch of fat!! Just keep moving forward!

Well. I am not losing and p!ssed as hell about it, I know - don't compare, wait, be patient - still p!ssed off. So there it is......😛

I keep track of my exercise and food on the app "Lose It" It is amazing! I love it. It tracks everything, so, I looked at my week, this week. My calories lost were almost 15,000 from exercise, and my calories from food were about 3,000 and yet that dang scale doesn't move..... But I will not get discouraged, I will see results probably next week. I miss the days after surgery when the scale went down DAILY!!

Yeah well, I am happy most of you are content to be where you are in your weight loss, it's awesome. However, I am not - not that that changes anything.....I have 'only' lost 19#s since surgery 10/24 and in my mind that sucks. I could do that well on Weight Watchers. The scale has not moved in over 4 weeks and this is not helping my depression - which in the winter is the worst anyway. I am sure my NUT will not be happy either in 2 weeks when I see her. My lab tests are ok.

Yes this is out and out whining, b!tchin' and moaning!!! I can't pretend. I don't care about eating or food - which is good in many ways, I can tell when my stomach is empty and that I NEED to eat but I find it boring, uninspiring to do so....I am going to try adding Protein Drinks (blech) back in and see what transpires....

On 1/6/2018 at 11:35 AM, Sosewsue61 said:

Well. I am not losing and p!ssed as hell about it, I know - don't compare, wait, be patient - still p!ssed off. So there it is......😛

It's Ok to be pissed....I'm still pissed about my stall too!!

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, ProfessorSlim said:

I have to laugh all of us, including myself. So impatient, we are!

I had a stall that lasted 2 weeks, at 223-225 lbs, now I am at a stall of 214-216 lbs. I know it is frustrating. And, like many of you I have said things like"I have only lost 40 lbs since my surgery" (although I lost 49 from my high 1 week pre-op weight)

Anyhooooo......we are all nuts! This surgery is fricken'amazing ! I am not longer a prisoner to food, to a large stomach begging to be filled, to the effect of gherlin pumping out hungry impulses like the Bat-Signal.....I feel very fortunate. I am living life, and food is just fuel, not something i am stuffing my face with every 1-2 hours.

When else could any of us, in the past, have complained that we "only" lost 30-35-40 lbs in basically 2 months?!? (give or take a couple weeks). We are all doing very well!

My advice is to increase fluids, are you getting the needed 64 ounces a day? (I know I am guilty of rarely getting enough fluids) Are you skipping the crackers, the bread, the Cereal and doing Protein first then veggies? I know I try but sometimes am not perfect.

If we continue to try to stick to these guidelines as best as possible, the weight will continue to drop. I know I am dying to get down to 175-185 ish.... I will honestly be thrilled just to be under 200lbs. And I will get there. Maybe not in a week, or a month, or a few months....but I will meet my goals...and so will you!

Stay strong and stay positive! We are all losing a bunch of fat!! Just keep moving forward!

I agree completely. I was getting frustrated because I had a stall and then I realized man I have lost 44 pounds in about 2 1/2 months and I am down 6 pant sizes!! I feel so much better and have joined the gym. It's so nice to walk across the room and not lose my breath. I have 1 year to lose 100 pounds (goal set by the doctor) I can do this!

Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. I keep getting asked if I would recommend the surgery by pretty much everyone I know. The first couple of months, I would not have recommended, to be honest, I was pretty miserable and had some serious stalls in weight loss. Now though, I'm doing great and have lost 50+ pounds. My surgeon told me not to expect continued weight loss like this due to my thyroid & height. Yet, I'm still chugging along.

Drinking plain Water is getting easier for me, though I still usually have a lemon wedge in there. I am FINALLY able to drink 1/2 a Protein Shake in one sitting. Hair loss is intense right now regardless of all of the Vitamins.

I've also had bronchitis, a bad cold, and ear infection since thanksgiving. So I have been struggling with working out while being sick and not breathing great. Trying to go easy on myself.

Edited by Alytastical
typo

Holy Shite....I have lost 57 lbs since my 1-week-pre-op weight (I count from there, because I dropped a bit that week of pre-op liquids, so I just count from that weight)

I have an appt for follow up on Feb 6, my goal is to be under 200 for that appt, and I think I will make it to that wt. The other thing I need to do is get more exercise. Getting enough fluids can also be a challenge. But I am getting there bit by bit!!

I am so very, very glad I had this procedure. My only issue (non issue really) is that I am one of those who kept this private. My kids and my partner know, no one else. I did this over a break from work and had some work-at-home days and went back fairly quickly. I never told co-workers and I do not want to tell anyone.....but I am wondering if this rapid wt loss is making it obvious that I had something done.

When people ask how i lost the weight, I give a part of the truth...I am walking a lot, some light wt lifting, and I eat Protein and veggies, very little fruit and no bready carbs, and I drink only Water or de-caf tea. No soda, or juice etc. Smaller portions, focusing on protein and veggies.

Either way, I am still just so happy I did this!

Sleeved 12th October ... 91 days or 13 weeks ago today ... three calendar months tomorrow on Friday 12th January.

I am losing an average 1.4kg per week (3.1 pounds) since surgery. That's 200 grams per day (7.05 ounces).

I am trying to exist on 900-1275 calories per day.

My exercise regime is 3.25 to 4.75 hours per day in the swimming pool ... ambling breaststroke plus chest-deep wading. I also do resistance band exercises every second day and a weight session once per week.

The follow-up and support from the weight loss clinic includes a year of monthly surgeon visits, 15-18 visits to the dietitian and 18 visits to the exercise physiologist.

I'm feeling on track.

Rainbow_Warrior that's amazing, well done! It sounds like your surgeon offers great support post surgery :)

I hit a stall about 4 days ago, every day I wake up and hope to see some good news on the scale but so far no luck... I just hope it doesnt last for a month or more! I'll just keep on doing what I am doing and making sure I hit all my numbers (protein, Water, exercise, etc)

Its been almost four months. I'm pretty happy with my results so far (and lack of complications). I'm wearing size 38 jeans now (haven't worn that size in over 30 years). My weight loss seems to come in spurts. I'll lose a pound or two per day for a couple of days and then nothing for a week and then the cycle starts again. I've been trying to ratchet up my physical activity (lots of walking, swimming, and I just started back at the gym weight training).

My new girlfriend works out hardcore -- I've got to up my game to keep up.

I find myself wishing I had lost more weight by now and must remind myself that I should not rely on the scale to determine success. My knees don’t hurt, I sleep better, I can walk farther and I am changing clothes size.

HW:285
Pre op: 269
SW:261 on 10/11/18
CW:218. That is 42 pounds. Which is truly awesome compared to other attempts at weight loss.

9 hours ago, three79 said:

Rainbow_Warrior that's amazing, well done! It sounds like your surgeon offers great support post surgery

Yes, thanks ... the year long back up costs $AUD1500 up front of which about $AUD800 is refunded by my health insurer. The surgeon and dietitian have no other fees. The visits every 2-4 weeks with the exercise physiologist are $AUD40 per visit out-of-pocket. But the three of them have an interlinked plan and reporting system that is very supportive.

9 hours ago, three79 said:

every day I wake up and hope to see some good news on the scale but so far no luck

I recall this advice I gave out to someone in the last few days:

When the scales are not moving, look to your NSVs.

NSV = non-scale victory.

e.g. 1. Your belt buckle moves a notch or two.

e.g. 2. Your old 36" pants suddenly fit when they didn't last week.

e.g. 3. You can stick 2 or 3 fingers inside the buttoned-up neck of your shirt & tie.

e.g. 4. Your shoes are not so tight as they were a month ago.

e.g. 5. You can hold your breath for 45 seconds underwater (when before surgery/before exercise it was 18 seconds).

Watch for these or other examples of success.

Remember, NOT all good things are recorded by bathroom scales! Take heart!

I’m 1 day past my 3 month mark and hit what is a huge milestone for me. Today I hit the 100lb mark for total weight loss and I am down 66lbs since surgery. More importantly than the weight loss though is how amazing I feel the more weight I lose. Everything just gets easier to do the lighter I am. I had a new NSV yesterday. I went to buy a new pair of jeans and looked for a size 36 which I’ve been wearing for about a month now. They didn’t have a 36 in the jeans I liked but did have a 34 so I picked them up and tried them on. To my amazement they fit. I don’t think I’ve worn a 34 since I was in my teens.

HT: 6’4” HW: 333 SW: 299 CW: 233

3 hours ago, walleyecrazy said:

... I had a new NSV yesterday. I went to buy a new pair of jeans and looked for a size 36 which I’ve been wearing for about a month now. They didn’t have a 36 in the jeans I liked but did have a 34 so I picked them up and tried them on. To my amazement they fit. I don’t think I’ve worn a 34 since I was in my teens.

HT: 6’4” HW: 333 SW: 299 CW: 233

Damn you're doing well. We're pretty much the same weight (starting and now) but I'm still wearing size 40 jeans (still a lot better than size 52).

Keep up the good work.