Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

Merry Christmas October sleevers. Hope everyone is finding alternatives to the holiday sweets that abound right now. I think I have done quite well but have noticed I have been allowing myself more carbs. Not a habit I want to get into again.

Happy New Year!
It was a different Holiday but I’m Okay with the changes. No booze, no chips and dip and football Snacks. I’m glad to start the 2018 with the surgery behind me. My surgery was 10/30

HW: 361
SW: 331
CW: 289
GW: 180

This is definitely weird. The scale is stuck but I am losing inches somewhete because I can fit into 95% of the smallest size stash of capris in my closet - regular 14's. I haven't worn them in 8 years. I don't care, it's -2 and I am wearing them around the house today.💖

Haven't been here in a while. I just had my three month check in with my Doctor and I'm under 400 lbs for the first time in a while! YAAY! I also joined a Gym in November and I have a personal trainer that I visit weekly. I'm noticing the weight loss and I'm just excited for more. WAY more lol.

My only issue is nosey co-workers who are trying to push me into revealing that I have surgery but I'd much rather not talk about it with them. It's so awkward.

I ran in a half marathon last Saturday and did it under 2 hours! My body shape looks mostly normal but I still have a belly. Weight loss has definitely slowed down for me. I've been between 210 and 205 the last few weeks. Would really like to be under 200.

Sleeved 10/18/2017
Male, 46, 5'8"
HW: 270, SW: 232, CW: 205, GW: 170

Sleeved on 10/19 and down 41 lbs from my high weight. Weight loss has slowed since Christmas but for a few days during the holiday I did not track and just allowed myself to enjoy the holiday which meant more carbs. Back on the wagon as of yesterday and already down a pound today. I have had the stalls where I was doing everything right and stalled - at least I can look at my eating habits and trace this one back to me not following my plan. Even with not following my plan I am still looking at eating a third of what I would normally do at the holiday. I have the unpleasant side effect of getting extremely nauseous to the point that I have to vomit if I eat anything too rich or sweet so that steers me clear of my go to holiday sweets.

Even though I have not lost I am still losing inches - which is odd. Went to get a few pieces of clothes over the holidays because it was necessary and was shocked to be down to a 10 pant from a tight 16 and a medium shirt from a tight XL and sometimes a 1X. So that was sweet.

I am going to start back to the gym this month - I think I am ready. My doctor doesn't want me in the gym until 5 months out just because I am not getting the daily caloric intake that I need.....but I am ready. Just going to add some weights/toning and treadmill and a once a week yoga class. Hopefully it will increase my appetite so I can get in more than 500 calories a day.

Overall I am feeling great and have moved out of the depression/blues/what the hell have I done stage and am thankful that I had the surgery.

I am experiencing a stall, it is making me frustrated. My 3 month dr. appointment is on Feb. 1 and I was really hoping to be at least 60 lbs. lighter. December was difficult with so many social events. What is the most anyone in this group has lost in one month?

I am experiencing a stall, it is making me frustrated. My 3 month dr. appointment is on Feb. 1 and I was really hoping to be at least 60 lbs. lighter. December was difficult with so many social events. What is the most anyone in this group has lost in one month?

Hang in there! I’ve been keeping my activity level as high as possible. I lost 23lbs in November. My sleeve was 10/30 and I’m down 45lbs since the surgery. I lost 30lbs pre-op. Are you getting enough Protein? I’m getting 65-75 grams a day.

I'm only down 40 pounds. I hear you. I wanted more too. But it's really true that what really matters is how your feeling. I know I'm feeling better than I was before and that makes it worth it in my opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I lost 30lbs in Nov, that's the most I have lost in one month. December was just under 20lbs. I am hoping for 15-20lbs in January.

I have started using an app called Argus to track my daily steps (hitting 10,000 per day) and also tracking my food and Water. I have never been one to track things like this before so it's taking some getting used to, but I am happy to see that I am hitting my numbers daily. My Protein is about 100g per day.

4 minutes ago, ConnieSB said:

Hang in there! I’ve been keeping my activity level as high as possible. I lost 23lbs in November. My sleeve was 10/30 and I’m down 45lbs since the surgery. I lost 30lbs pre-op. Are you getting enough Protein? I’m getting 65-75 grams a day.

Thanks ConnieSB! I am getting on average 70-85 grams of Protein, and I am trying to exercise (cardio) 30-65 minutes a day. I am hoping to see a nice weight loss on Monday. I only weigh myself once a week. Fingers crossed!

I weigh myself once a week on Fridays and had my first stall since my surgery this week. While it sucked seeing my weight stay the same this week I still feel 100 times better than I did pre-surgery so I’m not discouraged at all. I know the stall is only temporary and the scale will start moving again soon enough.

Surgery date 10/11

Ht: 6’4” HW: 333 SW: 299 CW: 237