Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

Hi all! I was sleeved on Oct. 20th. I was in a lot of pain after surgery and then fainted early in the morning the day after while going to the bathroom. I don't remember much of the first 2-3 days after surgery, but I think the amount of pain I was in was actually increasing and I was becoming less and less coherent. It turned out I had a bleed (my hemoglobin had dropped to 7.3 O.O). thankfully my doctor figured it out pretty quickly, and then they fixed the bleed on the 3rd day. From there I started rapidly feeling better! I was shocked when I got out of my 2nd surgery in 3 days and felt less pain than I was in before it, but I guess having lots of blood pooling in your abdomen is painful lol... I got out of the hospital 2 days later and since then I have been okay. I had some bad dizziness last week, but it turned out to just be a combination of dehydration and catching a cold. I had my hemoglobin checked earlier this week and it is back up to 10.3!

I'm on mushy foods now and have been handling food and Water fine (other than forgetting to drink which is what caused the dehydration). I can actually drink water rather quickly now, but I still just try to take sips every few minutes. I will start soft foods in 5 days (though I have added a few very soft foods that I didn't puree, like roasted red peppers and very soft white fish, and I am tolerating them well). I have not been measuring all of my food but I am getting a good idea of what 4 oz look like, and I just eat slowly and chew everything well, then stop when I feel full. One weird thing that I noticed is that I don't feel 'full' in the same way i used to, it more is like a feeling of pressure. I think this is because of the vagus nerve branches being cut. At first i had no hunger but that is slowly coming back, so I think the feeling of 'fullness' will too.

My highest weight was 265lb ~4 months before surgery, my surgery weight was ~245lb, and I am currently at 230lb. I think that most of what I lost so far was water weight, but one thing I can tell is that my face is wayyyy less puffy!!! I am also trying not to weigh myself every day but not doing well at it sigh :)

My surgery date was 10/23. I’m 19 days out. Since surgery I’m down 13lbs. I’m averaging about 500 calories per day (I don’t know how the body survives on that). I’m getting about 75 grams of Protein / day (I’m not sure if that’s where I should be). I have 1 or 2 Protein Shakes a day and high protein foods (eggs, cottage cheese, fish, etc). I think I’m getting all my Water but not sure. I actually wake up most mornings at 4am very thirsty. So I start drinking then. I’m sipping all day but tend to forget to measure. I need to get better at that. I seem to be drinking better and taking in a bit larger amounts than a sip, which is nice. I’m on a puréed diet which is going well. I still have not felt hungry since surgery so I eat at normal meal times. I’m loving it that I don’t have hunger pangs. I average about 3-4 oz of puréed food each meal.

It’s nice to hear how everyone is doing. We can do this! :)

One month in and I am down 32.6 lbs. Sometimes, I feel like I'm doing it all wrong. There are days where I lack motivation and feel like I'm failing, but I am still here. It can be done, I struggle with the little voice saying it's okay to give up, but then again I was not raised a quitter ♡ #fatleavethisbody #nottodaylucifer

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I was sleeved on 10/17/17. Down 28lbs since pre-op. Things were fine the first two weeks after surgery while I was off work. Went back to work working a lot of hours and third shift and I was having a hard time figuring out when to eat. Gained 2lbs and I re-evaluated what I was eating and I was only getting maybe 30 grams of Protein a day. So I went back to what I did when I lost 7lbs a week , which was more bean Soups and meat , greek yogurt and cottage cheese .Lost the 2lbs in a few days . So I’m hoping that helps.

Hey we are sleeve buddies! My surgery was on 10/28/2017 and Im down exactly 22 lbs. Im looking forward to regular food too, if I don't chew enough its like I dropped a brick in my tummy. Ouch. I was told to not start exercise until 21 days Post Op. so pretty soon. Great to hear you are doing so well and Congrats!

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 237
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

Awesome! Hey Sleeve Buddy Yeah same here I'm taking very small bites, had some good days and some bad ones! Can't wait to get in the gym and really work off this weight! Thank you and Congrats to you as well!

I was sleeved October 30th and have lost 27 pounds in two weeks. No Complications - No Nausea- Or Vomitting. I am still in the Stage 1 Phase & sticking to my clear liquid and Protein diet. I workout 3x's a week/30 minutes. I have some minimal pain on my right side but nothing too crazy! I am already back at work and my co-workers immediately noticed I looked smaller. My clothes are very loose and probably have one more month before it's too big to wear. I still have hunger.. but once I have my Protein Drink, I am satisfied ;-)

Had sleeve 10/26/17
Hw 379
Sw 291
Cw 258
I am curious if anyone’s started to workout yet and how strenuously can you workout after being cleared to go to the gym by the doctor. Are you limited in how much cardio you can do..
Can you workout on a bow flex. Maxclimber or jog on a treadmill??? Thank you

I had my surgery October 30th. Everything went great was sent home after two nights in the hospital. Then the next week I got dehydrated and spiked a fever. I had to go back to the hospital. My lung had collapsed slightly and I was dehydrated. I was in the hospital 4 nights. Now I’m home and I’m struggling to drink enough. My dr told me just to focus on getting Powerade down because my electrolytes kept dropping in the hospital but I hate the sugar free flavors. I have to take the nausea meds every 6 hours or I’m super sick. I haven’t had any Protein but ordered some isoprotein to add to my Powerade. I just feel like this is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be. I did fine drinking before and now it’s so difficult. I am down 17 lbs.

I was sleeved October 30th and have lost 27 pounds in two weeks. No Complications - No Nausea- Or Vomitting. I am still in the Stage 1 Phase & sticking to my clear liquid and Protein diet. I workout 3x's a week/30 minutes. I have some minimal pain on my right side but nothing too crazy! I am already back at work and my co-workers immediately noticed I looked smaller. My clothes are very loose and probably have one more month before it's too big to wear. I still have hunger.. but once I have my Protein Drink, I am satisfied ;-)

What kind of exercise are you doing?

I have only been walking doctor did not give me the go ahead to workout I'm trying to follow the orders so to have no complications I'm a stage 2.. stage 3 the 16th..

1 hour ago, marlesarenee said:

I am doing 30 minutes or 2 miles on the elliptical machine, whichever comes first. I love it since it's a total body workout and so far I've had great results come out of it. Or days when I'm not really feelin' it or I have some slight pain on my right side, I just walk for 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I was sleeved on Oct 11, which is a month today! I am eating fine, I’ve only eaten too much twice, but it sure isn’t pleasant! I am taking in around 1100 cals a day and 100 grams Protein. I know that’s a lot but it’s working for me. I can workout as well as before surgery, but weak. I’m having problems wanting to eat at night, but I stay within my calorie range.

HW 331 vsg 10/11/17 SW 306 CW 272 GW 206

That’s great....I️ was sleeved on 10/11 too. I️ am taking in about 900 calories 80 in protein

I was sleeved on the 27th and have been lost 17lbs so far. The puree and liquid phase was very hard but I'm now on soft. I'm now 3 weeks post op and for the past few days I've been nauseated. I've been drinking more Water and trying to eat more since I've had hardly no appetite and the nausea has stopped. It's been a struggle getting Protein down as the shakes are starting to be nasty to me now.

Sent from my SM-N920T using BariatricPal mobile app