Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER SLEEVERS CHECK IN HERE

Hi! I had my surgery 10/3. Before the liquid diet, I was 212 at 5’3”. Surgery date was 207. This morning I’m 181.6. I know some may think this is slow progress, but I’m ecstatic!

I was also sleeved on the 17th and have slowed down and stalled and go up and down daily now. I am at about 22# total since the surgery date. No problems with my recovery and went back to work in a week. Everyone notices my weight loss which gets awkward because I have told only a handful of people what I had done. I guess in that sense I'm glad the weight loss is going slower. Clothes are fitting better and my belly is much smaller! I too had a lot of "hunger" the second and third week, but my surgeon reassured me that this was impossible since he had essentially removed my stomach. He said it was stomach acid and juices which makes sense because as soon as I take a drink of anything it stops.

I was sleeved Oct 24 and have lost 20lbs however i appear to have hit the two week stull because i haven’t lost anything in three days. [emoji30]

Good morning!

I was sleeved 10/10/17 and down 21lbs do far. No complications or nausea and I'm on soft foods. This surgery has been a blessing. I did have a weak moment when my employer treated us to lunch and I had SOME cheese cake. My former greedy self would've eaten it ALL. Lol. I'm embarrassed to say, but I have not been walking. I probably could've lost more weight. Today is a new day though...

And, I'm having trouble meeting my fluid goals.

SW: 280

CW: 259

Wishing you all the best :)

Edited by ChereeS

I was sleeved 10/16/17 Down 30lbs total. How many Calories are ya"ll eating a day? Just curious. I get around 400.

I was sleeved on 10/25/17. I'm only down 8-9 pounds and I have already hit a stall. I feel like I should be further along than this.

I have started my pureed diet. I have not experienced issue with tolerating foods. I feel like my sleeve was not made small enough.

Trying to stay positive but this is so discouraging.

5 hours ago, ChereeS said:

Good morning!

I was sleeved 10/10/17 and down 21lbs do far. No complications or nausea and I'm on soft foods. This surgery has been a blessing. I did have a weak moment when my employer treated us to lunch and I had SOME cheese cake. My former greedy self would've eaten it ALL. Lol. I'm embarrassed to say, but I have not been walking. I probably could've lost more weight. Today is a new day though...

And, I'm having trouble meeting my fluid goals.

SW: 280

CW: 259

Wishing you all the best :)

I haven't been walking either. At work, I don't even have a chance to go out and walk. It's been so busy. I barely get up to go to the bathroom and to get some Water. I'm still at a stall - I think it's been 2 weeks now with no loss - I gained 3 lbs wth? I'm so upset I don't even want to weigh myself anymore. I have PCOS and I have been struggling with my weight for the past 7 years. I wasn't diagnosed with it until 3 years ago. I was put on Metformin and Spironolactone and finally my scale stopped going up. But I couldn't lose. I stayed the same weight for the last 2.5 years. I finally had surgery on 10/17 lost the first 2 weeks and once I went back to work, I have not lost anything. I started taking my Metformin and Spironolactone again 2 days ago. Will see my surgeon on Friday. I won't be weighing myself until then.

4 hours ago, tannjam said:

I was sleeved 10/16/17 Down 30lbs total. How many Calories are ya"ll eating a day? Just curious. I get around 400.

I don't count calories. I'm just drinking 2 Protein Shakes a day which are 160 calories each and about 60 oz Water. I have a yogurt and a cheese stick and some chicken broth or tuna salad.

I was sleeved 10/27/17 I had my first post op appointment today. Thankfully everything is going well, I'm still on liquids till Saturday (so excited lol) and I had some gas pain which was my main issue post op and now it has traveled to my right shoulder the doctor said it will pass and is normal. I'm down 22lbs this far and walking 30mins daily. All is well! Hope everyone's journey goes well too!

I was sleeved on 10/18/2017. Everything is going great. Started running one week post op. Running 5Ks now and doing dumbbell work outs. I've lost 16 pounds post-op. (I had lost 37 pounds pre-op.) Yesterday my endocrinologist took me off all diabetes meds and I'm off high blood pressure meds, too. Weight loss stalled around days 9-15 but is now creeping down again I'm eating around 1,500 calories a day. I've gained one pound of muscle mass. Eating a little ahead of my schedule but no issues at all. Can feel the restriction with the more solid foods. Have lost 6 inches in my pants size and am starting to buy new clothes. My confidence is up and I am happy. Enjoyed being with my wife last night and it felt sooo much better not having my big belly in the way! I will run a 5K race on Thanksgiving.

Sleeved on 10/18/2017.
Male, 46, 5' 8"
HW: 270
SW: 232
CW: 216
GW: 170

I was sleeved on Oct 11, which is a month today! I am eating fine, I’ve only eaten too much twice, but it sure isn’t pleasant! I am taking in around 1100 cals a day and 100 grams Protein. I know that’s a lot but it’s working for me. I can workout as well as before surgery, but weak. I’m having problems wanting to eat at night, but I stay within my calorie range.

HW 331 vsg 10/11/17 SW 306 CW 272 GW 206

Hi, I had my surgery October 6th at 180lbs and now 166lbs at 4weeks post I'm. I'm loosing slowly

Congrats! That is a good number and if you do it slower you get a bonus! Less loose skin [emoji106]

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 237
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?

I was sleeved 10/16/17, had the wonderful (sarcasm) 3rd week stall last week, scale didn't move for 6 days. Yesterday, finally down 2 lbs from where I had been all week, and this morning down 1 lb from that. I'm still on the puree diet which is getting pretty old, but it's part of my plan so I am sticking with it. Next week I'll be able to have soft foods, moist chicken/fish/turkey, etc and steamed vegetables, which I am looking forward to. Exercising regularly, having to buy new clothes (just enough to get me through the next few weeks, not a whole wardrobe), and getting comments quite often about how great I look. A friend of mine that I hadn't seen in about 4 months walked by me the other night and didn't recognize me until I stopped her, so that was pretty cool. Still have 65lbs or so to GW, but happy with the progress so far. The weight wasn't put on overnight, and will not come off overnight. It's a journey, and it's been a great one so far.

Great attitude! You've got this thing licked!

5' 5"
HW: 259
CW: 237
GOAL: Healthy and hard 140-ish?